Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2014, 07:56 PM
Lonewolf176
Road Warrior
Received 271 Likes on 170 Posts

And if a ruler is 12" what happened to me? Casper I'll pm you for some data and your calibrations. Bumping the ve's up like that is how I can get at decel when I can't use the afr or lambda tables. Sometimes I have to take the ve's in the opposite direction. .

Old 10-31-2014, 10:26 PM
DHubbs
Road Warrior
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Subscribed,
Been reading, reading and reading, OMG!! Reading some more !!!,,, Thank you Wiz for all your help, past present & future. I sure appreciate your patience with me. You, Ultra Nutz & Lonewolf are a HUGE asset to this site and to us all! Remembering Wurk Truk, sure miss John.,,, Thank you all for sharing knowledge and experience. Finding selfless people who are willing to take time to do what you all do for folks you don't even know is truly a rare thing these days. I'm lurking in the background trying to learn here. About got the TTS for Dummies pdf memorized!! lol,,At home Friday night, studying Mastertune manual,,, it don't get no better than this!! hahaha,, Thank Yall!!!
Dwayne

Old 11-01-2014, 07:43 AM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator
Received 2,035 Likes on 1,103 Posts

Hey Hubby... I'm about to render TTS/D II

Suggestion... why don't you take your old data files and practice ghost tuning.

Ghost tuning is where you follow all the normal steps of tuning using the software but have no bike to tune. If you need a copy of all your old data files for the Ultra let me know.

Old 11-02-2014, 06:04 PM
DHubbs
Road Warrior
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

[QUOTE=Mr. Wizard;13376970]Hey Hubby... I'm about to render TTS/D II

Suggestion... why don't you take your old data files and practice ghost tuning.

Ghost tuning is where you follow all the normal steps of tuning using the software but have no bike to tune. If you need a copy of all your old data files for the Ultra let me know.[/QUOTE.
Good idea Dave! I have all the files for the Ultra as far as I know. Lookin forward to TTS/D ll. I'm excited about getting started on the SERK!

Last edited by DHubbs; 11-02-2014 at 06:09 PM.
Old 11-14-2014, 07:28 AM
nottaway
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!

Ok so this is my second round of Vtuning on my 09 streetbob.

I just installed a Kuryakyn Mach 2 intake and want to install their canned map and Vtune it to my bike.

Question: When I open their base canned map the AF table has many variations throughout the load and rpm range. I set all except 100% column to 14.6 as required to collect closed loop data.

After Vtuning when I set the AF table back to original some of the cells go back to where the canned map was but some don't. It makes me believe that the "original" cell values were not stored or saved as required.

Should I "Set to original" or set them back to where they came? Which is correct?

FYI you can download the canned map here and see for yourself. Its a MT7 map so IDK how thats different from the MT8s

http://www.kuryakyn.com/files/tts/20...C-Slip-Ons.MT7

Old 11-14-2014, 07:37 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

can you post your vtuned map up for us to see it please.

Old 11-14-2014, 08:02 AM
nottaway
Tourer

I'm Vtuning this weekend. Right now I'm running the final tune from my last Vtune sessions which were with the stock air cleaner.

Old 11-14-2014, 08:06 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

only reason I asked (and I'm sure the others would too) is I want to see the changes in VE tables from this map to your current running map along with any other changes that may have taken place before I tell you which way to go with your MAP table. But rule of thumb would be to set back to the values that kuryakyn provided. I'm not sure who that guy is that does those Kury maps but he spends a LOT of time doing them. Wiz and I were both impressed seeing things within some of those maps especially the timing stuff.

Old 11-14-2014, 08:40 AM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator
Received 2,035 Likes on 1,103 Posts

Kury does a pretty good job on their timing but beware... it may or may not be for your bike. When tossing in anything other than a TTS library calibration take extra time to test and read/analyze recorded data before lighting up the rear tire.

One more thing... most of the Kury files are MT7. Try to convert them to MT8 files or you will get the pop up screen that says... "WTF are you doing?? This is an old file !!"

You can use the Copy All Tables in the MasterTune Menu and Past to a new MT8. It will tell you what can be and what tables are left short.

Old 11-14-2014, 09:21 AM
nottaway
Tourer

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ
only reason I asked (and I'm sure the others would too) is I want to see the changes in VE tables from this map to your current running map along with any other changes that may have taken place before I tell you which way to go with your MAP table. But rule of thumb would be to set back to the values that kuryakyn provided. I'm not sure who that guy is that does those Kury maps but he spends a LOT of time doing them. Wiz and I were both impressed seeing things within some of those maps especially the timing stuff.
I understand that makes sense. I expect some differences since my slip ons don't have baffles.....

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
Kury does a pretty good job on their timing but beware... it may or may not be for your bike. When tossing in anything other than a TTS library calibration take extra time to test and read/analyze recorded data before lighting up the rear tire.
OK, I may need some help there. I didn't even bother with the timing last time. I guess this just means once all Vtuned go monitor for detonation and retard the areas that need some timing pulled. Right?

One more thing... most of the Kury files are MT7. Try to convert them to MT8 files or you will get the pop up screen that says... "WTF are you doing?? This is an old file !!"

You can use the Copy All Tables in the MasterTune Menu and Past to a new MT8. It will tell you what can be and what tables are left short.
What is the advantage in converting to MT8 other than avoiding the error message? You mention tables being left short, I hope this is not a big deal as I'm still quite a newb with this tuner.

Thanks for the help.

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information