Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2014, 08:50 PM
hosh
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
hosh

what it boils down to is this...

We record the data
We read the data
We try to believe the data

When we see a cylinder go lean via 02 sensor mv's then we believe that cylinder is lean. BUT is it? Could it be a mechanical abnormality? Yes. Is it? We don't know but wouldn't you want this data lean dip fixed? Sure you do so we need to find out what caused it and why.

Absolutely on the same page as you Mr Wiz. When I'm doing the WOT pulls is it a gradual reduction in map or snap the throttle off after you reach WOT?

Last edited by hosh; 12-17-2014 at 08:52 PM.
Old 12-17-2014, 09:05 PM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator
Received 2,035 Likes on 1,103 Posts

get in 4th or 3rd gear at a roll. get to 2000 RPM's and snap open the throttle 100% until redline then let go of the throttle and pull in the clutch for a few seconds. It's your main job and focus to make this as safe as possible so be EFF'n careful.

Old 12-22-2014, 09:02 PM
hosh
Advanced

I selected all cells from 2000-5500 in the 95 and 100 map rows, increased them by 5% ( as per Nutz's advice) and this is what I have now.

Vtune cal https://app.box.com/s/nnigh7ork4pluv6b5hr3

Vtune WOT pull https://app.box.com/s/yiyzd2pahy51ptxh1ibb

Do you think I need to bump up the section from 2050-3400 in the front by another 5%?

I'm only surmising this but is the goal to have a relatively straight line from both sensors from the start of the pull to the end? Similar to the rear voltage in this latest file?

I also note the knock has increased slightly. Only in the front. Do you think this is happening due to the lean conditions at the start of the pull?

Thanks guys. Dave

Old 12-22-2014, 10:11 PM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator

Did you swap out the 02 sensors?

Old 12-22-2014, 11:24 PM
hosh
Advanced

Replaced with fairly new ones from a mate. Then I did a couple of WOT pulls. The data was different however not dramatically. Then I went with Nutz's suggestion to increase the VE's.

I now have the originals back in .

Here's the second half of the Vtune with one more WOT.

https://app.box.com/s/i527t993urs8tpy3p1t9

What do you think Nutz?

Last edited by hosh; 12-23-2014 at 04:13 AM.
Old 12-23-2014, 08:36 AM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator

Let's take the data as the data is... you have lean spots or your 02 sensor mv's would be in normal range. Normal range would be 740 - 785

Pick those lean spots per the data, go to the ve table and increase that cell and the one just to the left a few points. Do this to all the points of data where you are lean. Do one cylinder at a time as not to get them confused.

Once done, flash and record one WOT pull then head back to the barn and analyze again.

Old 12-23-2014, 02:42 PM
hosh
Advanced

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
Let's take the data as the data is... you have lean spots or your 02 sensor mv's would be in normal range. Normal range would be 740 - 785

Pick those lean spots per the data, go to the ve table and increase that cell and the one just to the left a few points. Do this to all the points of data where you are lean. Do one cylinder at a time as not to get them confused.

Once done, flash and record one WOT pull then head back to the barn and analyze again.

Roger.

Old 12-24-2014, 12:20 AM
hosh
Advanced

This one looks good, well the first wot pull anyway I forgot to set the AKR table to original and got the elongated knock again. I'm thinking that was the cause of the 3 seconds of oscillating voltages at the start of the second run. It was still showing 1.25 retardation at the start of the pull. I was doing a candata not a vtune

https://app.box.com/s/w5f9rdq2v30oaxm3eh4n

I think I might be close now. I'll wait for VT3 to come out and do some more runs then.

Thanks Wiz,Nutz you've been very helpful. I think I actually know a bit about this tuning gig now thanks to you guys.

Merry Xmas all.

Last edited by hosh; 12-24-2014 at 12:59 AM.
Old 12-26-2014, 11:55 AM
Roadie13
Stellar HDF Member

Received 999 Likes on 495 Posts

After reading about a zillion threads and going through TTS for dummies and the full TTS manual a couple of times, I think the mastertune may be the best option for me.

Still have a couple of questions though - is the flight recorder feature included with the blue dongle? I saw many posts on here of people using it but didn't see it mentioned at all in the full user manual so thought it may be a beta feature or something that won't be available to the general public until the next round of software updates is available. Correct me if I misunderstand its use, but basically it allows you to gather data while riding without toting around the laptop and then still be able to use that data to VTune correct?

Is there any down side to the dual license setup? Sounds like an easy way to save $$ and take care of mine and the wife's bike at the same time. We typically trade up at the same time so no problems that I can see. Other than cables for connecting to the bikes, 1 unit with a dual license would work on both a 2013 road glide and a 2013 fat boy lo correct??

Hope everyone had an awesome Christmas and have a safe new year.......

Old 12-26-2014, 11:58 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Roadie13
After reading about a zillion threads and going through TTS for dummies and the full TTS manual a couple of times, I think the mastertune may be the best option for me.

Still have a couple of questions though - is the flight recorder feature included with the blue dongle?
yes sir it is. Make sure to download all the latest software and dongle firmware updates prior to doing anything else.

I saw many posts on here of people using it but didn't see it mentioned at all in the full user manual so thought it may be a beta feature or something that won't be available to the general public until the next round of software updates is available. Correct me if I misunderstand its use, but basically it allows you to gather data while riding without toting around the laptop and then still be able to use that data to VTune correct?
manuals are lacking a bit of good information.
yes sir you're correct on the data recordings. Ride, record, you can turn the bike off and on as many times as you'd like, come back 2 days later, ride some more, etc. then take all the data, compile it, and create your next tune map with it.

Is there any down side to the dual license setup? Sounds like an easy way to save $$ and take care of mine and the wife's bike at the same time. We typically trade up at the same time so no problems that I can see. Other than cables for connecting to the bikes, 1 unit with a dual license would work on both a 2013 road glide and a 2013 fat boy lo correct??
no downside whatsoever.

Hope everyone had an awesome Christmas and have a safe new year.......
same to you sir.

Last edited by UltraNutZ; 12-26-2014 at 12:02 PM.

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information