Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2015, 07:09 AM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator
Received 2,035 Likes on 1,103 Posts

Originally Posted by 98Ultra
Unless the owner had a two bike TTS why would he keep it when he sold the bike? I have mine for sale and the tuner and OEM file will go with it. When I traded my 09 I let the TTS and original file go with it. It is locked to the ECM so what are you going to keep it for???

If it was a consignment bike, try to get with the owner to get the TTS that is locked to the ECM. He can't do any thing with it.
This would be the honorable way but unfortunately it is not everyone's way. You can take the TTS dongle, send it back to TTS and convert it to a dual for 200 bucks. TTS is not the only one who offers this program but just in a different format. The end result is the same.

I agree that the previous owner should be contacted and asked. I've also seen where a bike is traded or consigned and in the end the tuning device was misplaced and lost.

Old 01-09-2015, 01:01 PM
jdw1
Road Captain
Received 129 Likes on 86 Posts

Thanks for the advice!
I tried to have the consignment dealer call and the original selling dealer call the previous owner, no luck, the previous owner had left an insurance card in the tour pack with his name, I even looked him up, no luck, I think the previous owner had some kind of major life issue that changed his life kinda fast, something's just didn't make sence. I felt that I had pushed hard enough right after purchasing the MC and just let it go, that's why on my first post I told the story to some degree. That was a good thought about buying a two bike turner and keeping it if he possibly had another bike. It doesn't really matter any longer.
The funny thing is I have communacated with TTS a couple of time and they never mentioned just buying another master tuner and using the current tune as the origanal tune. The other thing is on a warm day with my wife and I on the bike at highway speeds if I grab a handful of throttle it kinda chirps, Im thinking detonation so I think the original tuner doesn't have it tuned for the load I have on it in those conditions, I'm just guessing though.
When I sit back and think about it if I remove the ECM and send it to TTS and then reinstall it back in the bike and take it to a dealer that can reprogram it back to the factory specs, all I really out is the time to have it flashed back to "stock" as far as I can tell anyway, I would have to call a dealer and see if HD charges anything for that or if they just get that for free from HD.
Thank you for your help and patience!

Old 01-10-2015, 06:30 AM
98Ultra
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have no idea if a different TTS can over write a tuned/locked ECM or not. Maybe that is why they didn't mention going that way.
Maybe once locked by the tuner, even another TTS can't unlock it.

Old 01-10-2015, 07:19 AM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator

Originally Posted by 98Ultra
I have no idea if a different TTS can over write a tuned/locked ECM or not. Maybe that is why they didn't mention going that way.
Maybe once locked by the tuner, even another TTS can't unlock it.
That's a good question that I don't think has ever come up here.

IMO, it can. The locking mechanism only keeps you from flashing more than 1 bike. The TTS software keeps the ECM locked out from other devices overwriting it's files.

A TTS device can gather data, record data and open any ECM regardless if it is married/locked to that ECM or not. What it can't do it flash another bike it is not locked to unless it is a dual license TTS Dongle.

I'll verify this and get back to you.

Old 01-10-2015, 12:48 PM
Roadie13
Stellar HDF Member

Received 1,005 Likes on 497 Posts
Default Dual license question

So my dual license TTS showed up yesterday.

I didn't see anything in the manual about tying the unit to 2 bikes. Does it matter what order I do things in? Can I connect to the first bike and do some tuning runs and then at any time connect to the second bike, or do I need to do the prerequisite marrying to the ECM on both bikes before I do any follow up on one or the other?

Since it didn't say anything in the manual I assume you can do anything at any time, but didn't want to screw up and lock myself out of anything.

Old 01-10-2015, 01:02 PM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator

Originally Posted by Roadie13
So my dual license TTS showed up yesterday.

I didn't see anything in the manual about tying the unit to 2 bikes. Does it matter what order I do things in? Can I connect to the first bike and do some tuning runs and then at any time connect to the second bike, or do I need to do the prerequisite marrying to the ECM on both bikes before I do any follow up on one or the other?

Since it didn't say anything in the manual I assume you can do anything at any time, but didn't want to screw up and lock myself out of anything.
No worries Roadie

The TTS device will sort it all out for you. It will marry only when used to Flash. It won't marry the same VIN twice.

Old 01-10-2015, 01:12 PM
Roadie13
Stellar HDF Member

Received 1,005 Likes on 497 Posts

Thanks Wiz. I won't be able to ride for a few months still, but dying to get out there and play with the software.......

Old 01-10-2015, 03:43 PM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator

I'm hoping the new software will be here soon but I've been saying that for a long while now. Still keeping my fingers crossed.

Old 01-30-2015, 07:53 AM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator

Shussshhhhhhh....

Can you hear it?

Can you feel it?

Can't you smell it???

It's coming.....

Old 01-30-2015, 07:57 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member