Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2015, 03:36 PM
rgr357
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Updated tables as you suggested and programed the ECM. Took it out for a little spin... Besides the cam upgrade & comp bump, it has NEVER ran better. Not a single decel pop, just a nice role off throatty purrrr. And believe me I tried some hard decell on down hills and nothing. Very crisp throttle response, I honestly cannt believe it! This is with the base MT9 cal & your suggestion.

Just for referernce I took it out just around the block yesterday (right after cam change and no ECM change) and litterally turned around and parked it. It would idle and do ok to around 2k rpm but fell on its face under any load. I didnt want to heat it up or hurt it so waited till I could program.

IDK may just be the perfect temperature/humidity combination, but dont know how it could get any better. It is a cool sunny day around 55.

The only reference I have is jetting my dirtbikes and specifically setting them for time of year and elevation made a very noticable difference on how hot it would run, fuel consumption, throttle response & decel pop. Again the last 2 where great, but couldnt guess on the 1st 2 given the single ride.

Anyways just wanted to give some feed back & say thanks!

Old 03-23-2015, 09:40 AM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator
Received 2,035 Likes on 1,103 Posts

For those of you who may have skipped over this post. It came up again this morning..

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
For those who want to know what the heck we are talking about, click here.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/11334690-post3869.html

The IVO found in the analyzer matches the IVO tool about 50% of the time. Depending on the build and the kPa at idle and just off idle with load I may use the next smaller number in IVO. What gets used is the best match of idle smoothness, less vibration at the floorboard and best torque curve to 3000 RPM's. I personally have found that after 3000 RPM's the IVO and IVC means nothing.

The only way you can use the cam analyzer for IVC is with a Dyno with brake set at a constant load during a 3500 RPM 3 minute data run.

The blip technique will not assist you in setting the IVC, sorry. Luckily there are only three set points. 3 is the most widely used, 2 is used about 30% of the time. If you have a HOT build then you may get to use 1, doubt it though.

My blip technique is for throttle response, immediate throttle response, without lag or stumble. It's not in the manual nor can it be found anywhere else but here. It's not something that a person can put down as an instructive diagram or discussion. One must understand the proper table use which gives you a "feel" for what's going on with the motor.

This must be done after several VTune sessions under 3500 RPM's or it will NOT work.

The tables I use for this while working with the blip and IVC are:
ARF/Lambda
EGR
Timing at idle
Throttle Blade Control

Fine tuning of this I may use, but not always in addition to the above is:
Spark Temperature Correction
Closed Throttle Spark
Idle Spark Control Gain
Idle Spark Control Max

Visual representations include:
Throttle marking @ 10% and 20% with painters tape
Throttle body butterfly opening

The rest is "feel"

Once you have the data and sharp/equal blip points on the graph you must VTune again.

Now, not everyone will go this far and you really don't have to get this deep in tuning your motor but if you have stumble at off idle then you may want to use the same approach.

The following users liked this post:
Bobby6780 (04-06-2021)
Old 03-23-2015, 02:53 PM
FLTRI17
Stellar HDF Member
Received 599 Likes on 414 Posts

For TBW bikes I've found reducing the accel enrichment table to improve blip response. The more overlap the less accel enrichment necessary.
Bob

Old 03-23-2015, 03:48 PM
Wmitz
Road Captain
Received 185 Likes on 133 Posts
Default Vtune 3

Been playing with the new software, had some interesting results. I took 33 vtune runs I made over the last year, setup the new map, DAG044, processed it @ 3 runs for 11 sets. Results were interesting. I accepted the Egr adjustment on every set, at the end, it is almost the same as the 14/15 calibrations. It has definitely worked at flattening out the ve tables. The only issue I have seen is the 15 and 20 kpa area in the 2250-3500 range, the ve's are extremely low, upper 40's to low 50's. I looked at other maps, seems to be a trend, I guess. Anyway, I made some minor manual adjustments in the areas. I dropped a similar tune in the bike other day for a test, it ran pretty good. I redid the map this morning with some more base refinements and will put it in and do some vtune runs later this week. Overall I am pleased with the new software.

Old 03-27-2015, 12:09 PM
wideglidewy
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help chosing a TTS base calibration w Wood 777 cams

I have a 2012 Street Glide with AC, 2:1 Thunderheader, and Wood 777 cams. I installed the cams yesterday, I installed the AC/pipes two years ago. The original map that I used when the AC/pipes were installed worked great, until I put the 777 cams in. Now it runs like crap, and nearly stalls out on the bottom end. So I need to remap the ECM to account for the new cams. I have not ported the heads, but plan to do that down the road. For now, I will stick with the stock 103". Therefore, I need help chosing a base calibration. I own a current version of the TTS software and have uploaded all of the current calibration files. I'm leaning towards DAD or DAG, but may start with DAA and then VTune from there. Please advise, your responses are appreciated.

Old 03-27-2015, 12:39 PM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator

Use the DAD009-01

The 258 cam is close to the 777 without going larger. As soon as you flash it, do your cam data recording and make the adjustments.

Old 03-27-2015, 08:08 PM
wideglidewy
Intermediate

Mr. Wizard - thank you.

Old 03-29-2015, 09:59 AM
Wmitz
Road Captain
Received 185 Likes on 133 Posts
Default Road test

I got out the other day for a couple of short data runs. the bike ran pretty good, some more fine tuning is needed, but here are a couple of egr plots that I got from those runs, 1 is from a short vtune, and 1 from an 02 data run,

Attached Thumbnails TTS Mastertune Information-egr-data-vtune-run.jpg   TTS Mastertune Information-egr-data.jpg  
Old 03-30-2015, 11:39 AM
wideglidewy
Intermediate

I ran DAD009-01, cam analyzer (set opening and closing at 4/3) and did 4 Vtune runs and here are the current VE tables. Thoughts good or bad? The bike doesn't idle well when cold, and on the deceleration at 2k RPMs the engine chokes. I live in Colorado and ran some hills and flats at all RPM levels with the 4 Vtune runs. I will continue to Vtune but didn't know if I needed to start over. Since the first Vtune, it's definitely running better, but needs work.

Bike: 2012 FLHX, AC, Thunderheader 2:1, Wood 777.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
VE Front Cyl.pdf (18.6 KB, 261 views)
File Type: pdf
VE Rear Cyl.pdf (18.6 KB, 118 views)
Old 03-30-2015, 12:37 PM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator

Originally Posted by Wmitz
I got out the other day for a couple of short data runs. the bike ran pretty good, some more fine tuning is needed, but here are a couple of egr plots that I got from those runs, 1 is from a short vtune, and 1 from an 02 data run,
Are you using VT3 to get these plots?

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information