Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2015, 11:10 AM
user 46092
Banned
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Feeling concerned here.

Just called Scott. Scott only tunes carbureted bikes, suggested Joe's, but also said that The bike is very tunable with the Mastertune.

Compression on my engine with the Wiseco pistons is 10:4:1.
Scott said the 777 cam is perfect for my build (and the power will be there throughout the entire range), as is the 55mm throttle body and .53 injectors, and so is my exhaust.
I will keep you all posted.

Last edited by user 46092; 05-20-2015 at 11:13 AM.
Old 05-20-2015, 12:01 PM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator
Received 2,035 Likes on 1,103 Posts

IMO the 777 is not a mild cam for a 107. It's been known to need more compression and kill stock springs for one thing but tuning a 777 with an open restriction baffle kills your low and mid range TQ. The 2-1 pipe will create a dip in the 2200 to 2500 RPM range in the VE's that you just can't get out of. Head port job and larger TB wont' help much either. Anyone can say this is a perfectly matched build.. OK, we will see how it runs at different RPM's as opposed to how you ride.

No offense and none taken.

Old 05-20-2015, 01:32 PM
user 46092
Banned
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
IMO the 777 is not a mild cam for a 107. It's been known to need more compression and kill stock springs for one thing but tuning a 777 with an open restriction baffle kills your low and mid range TQ. The 2-1 pipe will create a dip in the 2200 to 2500 RPM range in the VE's that you just can't get out of. Head port job and larger TB wont' help much either. Anyone can say this is a perfectly matched build.. OK, we will see how it runs at different RPM's as opposed to how you ride.

No offense and none taken.

It's all good, you're all good with me- I come to this thread to hear what those with experience can contribute to the success of my build, so keep it coming!

Springs are not stock, either are valves.

V&H makes a quiet baffle for this pipe that should add restriction according to V&H, and I a 3-4 db decrease will be better for my older ears.

What do you think?

I'm in the middle of wiring my new handlebars as we speak. I can't find that glossy black vinyl/poly tubing H-D uses on the handlebar wiring anywhere locally- shrink tubing looks so bleh.

Old 05-20-2015, 08:03 PM
Roadie13
Stellar HDF Member

Received 1,005 Likes on 497 Posts

Originally Posted by ctwith3
The dealer I go to is on that list and I've heard both good and not so good stuff about their "expert," and the other place I've heard nothing but bad reviews.
Joe told me he needs a bike left with him for 3 days to tune properly.
Very interested to see how this comes out and who you go with. FWIW, I've had Joe do 2 simple Stage 1 bikes for me with TTS and they came out very well, but this is obviously no simple stage 1 job. His shop is super busy so that's why he needs the bike for 3 days, he tunes around running the shop. When I was looking around I talked to Rosa's on Long Island quite a bit. They've done a lot of wild builds and the guys at Direct Link (Techno Research) speak very highly of them - actually use dyno sheets from Rosa's on their website for examples.

Old 05-22-2015, 05:24 PM
kevinparks
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mr. Wizard I need your help!

A friend of mine bought a wrecked 2008 FLHX. Don't know alot about the build but what we do know is that it's a 110ci, AN big sucked air cleaner, Akrapovic 2 into 1 pipe and 58mm throttle body. Don't know what cams but it does sound like they are big when it idles. I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around this TTS so tuning this bike has been a nightmare. I have had it running pretty good but when you come to a stop sign or light it wants to die. Anyway I'm going to load a MT9 file in it tonight and try the VTune3 this weekend. Any recommendations on what file to load.

Thanks for any help!
Kevin

Last edited by kevinparks; 05-25-2015 at 10:19 AM.
Old 05-22-2015, 05:27 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

run the cam tune analyzer before you do any vtuning. Get your file setup, flash it, run cam tune analyzer, set your IVO, flash it, vtune away...

Old 05-22-2015, 06:11 PM
kevinparks
1st Gear

Also it has Screamin Eagle heads. I did the cam tune when I was running the Mt 8 file and it climbed at number 3 on the intake valve opening.

Any idea on the starting tune?

Thanks
Kevin

Old 05-23-2015, 07:55 PM
Wmitz
Road Captain
Received 185 Likes on 133 Posts
Default IAC adj.

Having a hard time with hot starting. It takes 6/7 revolutions before it fires. I have tried adding cranking fuel in the 112deg cent
area hasn't helped, went back to the base setup. Crank to run is at 15, so I thought about adding some extra air thru the iac steps. By increasing the number of steps, you add additional air correct?

Thanks

Old 05-24-2015, 12:26 AM
needmorebeer
4th Gear
Default Need help with TTS

Hi everyone, I have a friends 2010 FLHX on my lift. He has the TTS Mastertune on it with vance and hines 2 into 1 into 2 exhaust and a screamin eagle heavy breather air cleaner. We just put SE259E cams in it. My buddy told me that the TTS can accomodate cam changes because we can download a "close map" and tune from there. I can't find anything even close, so i was going to use the cam estimator and then V-tune. As I read the instructions, it states I need to run the bike on a dyno to accurately tune for the cams.
Is it possible to properly tune without a dyno?
Am I missing something as to why I can't tell the TTS what my exact cam specs are?
Any help would be apprecited because I am a little lost.
Thanks

Old 05-24-2015, 05:35 AM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by needmorebeer
Hi everyone, I have a friends 2010 FLHX on my lift. He has the TTS Mastertune on it with vance and hines 2 into 1 into 2 exhaust and a screamin eagle heavy breather air cleaner. We just put SE259E cams in it. My buddy told me that the TTS can accomodate cam changes because we can download a "close map" and tune from there. I can't find anything even close, so i was going to use the cam estimator and then V-tune. As I read the instructions, it states I need to run the bike on a dyno to accurately tune for the cams.
Is it possible to properly tune without a dyno?
Am I missing something as to why I can't tell the TTS what my exact cam specs are?
Any help would be apprecited because I am a little lost.
Thanks
Your going to need to run the cam analyzer and set the IVO, what your reading is the part for setting the IVC, this part needs a dyno to determine. If your friend didn't bump the compression for those cams, he's going to be a bit bummed on how soft the bottom end is going to be.

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information