Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2015, 02:46 PM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator
Received 2,035 Likes on 1,103 Posts

Staying busy helps... staying too busy overloads me.

I'm in control of things right now and happy to assist. Just may not be Johnny-on-the-spot

Old 07-15-2015, 02:51 PM
MLJMT
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
Staying busy helps... staying too busy overloads me.

I'm in control of things right now and happy to assist. Just may not be Johnny-on-the-spot
If it helps you that's fine, if not that's fine too. I don't expect miracles and appreciate the help when and only if it works for you.

Old 07-16-2015, 03:12 PM
MLJMT
Advanced

Thought I would check my plug wires, one was a little below spec. the other was just right at spec. so I replaced them. Of course the dealer won't stock the factory cheap wires only the SE fat wires so I installed them. After I flashed a new tune I checked my DTCs and up popped P0132 and P0152 high front and rear 02 sensor readings. They were current and historic. I deleted them and they came back when I checked them again after restarting. Unfortunately I wasn't checking them on every flash because the engine light never came on. Lesson learned.

After wasting all this time and abusing my engine etc. maybe a dyno tune is pretty reasonable after all...

Old 07-16-2015, 03:21 PM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator
Received 2,035 Likes on 1,103 Posts

When you flash a new calibration it erases all codes.

SE wires suck. You need plain jane stock wires and plugs.

If you are banging on your motor then you should reconsider how you tune. A Dyno will bang on your motor much more.

Old 07-16-2015, 03:46 PM
MLJMT
Advanced

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
When you flash a new calibration it erases all codes.

Doing cam analyzer checked codes showed current and historic, must have been from starting after flash.

SE wires suck. You need plain jane stock wires and plugs.

They may suck but at least they ohm out good, the old ones did not which left me no choice.

If you are banging on your motor then you should reconsider how you tune. A Dyno will bang on your motor much more.
That may be the case

Old 07-20-2015, 01:13 AM
user 46092
Banned
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Hang in there Mr. Wizard

Old 08-02-2015, 07:34 PM
98Ultra
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

maybe it isn't all the nthe new computerew computer after all, this one is not working right either;

Old 08-02-2015, 07:46 PM
98Ultra
Road Master

[QUOTE=UltraNutZ;14148326]open up your existing MT8 file you previously tuned for your bike and copy all tables
open up file DAA044-01 and paste the tables you copied from your previous file to this file
save and flash that then go run a few vtune runs and y

i'm gonna kill windows 8.1 .kjbcg0
[]-indows

i wonder why i cANT PROGRAM MY NBIKE

i THINK i,M starting to understand, I hate windows 8.1.

Open old file and copy, open new file and paste, Easy enough. Next get ready for flight recorder, Change all cells except 100 kPa to .981 , by selecting the RPM in the AFR table which highlights all cells......... once they all are highlighted what do you click next??? I havent been able to change anything from here.

I think when I did it before I did each cell individually.Never did figure out how to do more than one.

Oh, I have my old laptop working with the bike, never got windows 8.1 to work with the dongle

Old 08-02-2015, 08:05 PM
98Ultra
Road Master

This computer is not much better than the new one the new one flys very good across the room. Should have checked the website on the old computer, not much difference.

Page continues to show loading even after hitting the X.

Back to the original question, how do you change the table after selecting all of the cells? How do you not select the 100 kPa cells? When pasting the tables from the oldcal file to the new MT9 file, What do you do about the incompatable? files Been so long fighting the computer I don't remember what it said now. I think it was the front and rear VE tables

Old 08-03-2015, 02:36 PM
Kiwirob
Cruiser
Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

Open your MT8 file, go to, edit > copy multiple tables > select all, click ok.
With the MT8 file still opened, go to, file > load tuning file, then, from the TTS “Big Twin” calibration list that appears, select the MT9 calibration that is the equivalent to your MT8 calibration.
With the MT9 file now open, go to, edit > paste multiple tables, then fill in the mismatched check boxes you want or click on select all, then click ok.
This is assuming you have all the latest TTS updates.
Hope this makes sense. - Rob

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information