Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2015, 09:10 PM
AdequateTrash
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello all I was wondering if someone could take a look at my file and see if it is looking ok. Thanks for any help.

https://app.box.com/s/fjb6vwr47mbxtwjdez6yv0mo9r4088md

Old 10-02-2015, 08:22 AM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator
Received 2,037 Likes on 1,105 Posts

Lots of questions... see in blue below

Originally Posted by harleytq
So do I need to have a laptop hooked up to the dongle while I ride to collect data with the flight recorder? or is that only if I am v-tuning, that I need the laptop hooked up? If you have the BLUE TTS dongle then you do not need a computer while riding. The BLUE dongle will record the data.

Another question when you say advance the timing, that is going to a higher number,right? Yes

Long story about the dyno tunes that I have gotten. I am to the point of trying to tune it myself. Do you think I should completely start over and start with the v-tuning? NO.. you must start somewhere so start with your last tuned calibration. It may save you time.

The flight recorder will show if the timing is getting pulled also, wont it? The flight recorder will not show you anything... The data can be reviewed by using DataMaster. Using VTune 3 will show you where the recommended timing retard will be if any.

I'm not sure if I can get by with my afr and ve settings or if I should just start over? How much you do is up to you. It all depends on what makes you happy. I've ridden for years with only a few VTune runs on a few of my bikes. There are times where I don't have the time to do more and the bike runs just fine.

Old 10-02-2015, 08:57 AM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator

Originally Posted by AdequateTrash
Hello all I was wondering if someone could take a look at my file and see if it is looking ok. Thanks for any help.

https://app.box.com/s/fjb6vwr47mbxtwjdez6yv0mo9r4088md
Looks like you did a copy and paste from another calibration for the VE tables. That's why you have changes above 6 grand.

Tables look smooth so your ECM will love you for that. Didn't see any other changes.

Old 10-02-2015, 09:31 AM
AdequateTrash
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
Looks like you did a copy and paste from another calibration for the VE tables. That's why you have changes above 6 grand.

Tables look smooth so your ECM will love you for that. Didn't see any other changes.

Mr. Wizard,
Thanks for taking a look. I did not copy and paste anything I started with the base mt9 file DAB358 if I remember correctly and did 3-4 different rides and ran Vtune after each one. I did however turn on auto-extend after the last one.

Old 10-02-2015, 09:37 AM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator

OK... then it was the auto extend that pushed it down.

That's fine. As I said, your VE's are smooth and that's the hardest part.

Old 10-02-2015, 10:03 AM
AdequateTrash
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
OK... then it was the auto extend that pushed it down.

That's fine. As I said, your VE's are smooth and that's the hardest part.
Once again thank you for the info, now I will start to work on the rest.

Old 10-02-2015, 02:23 PM
harleytq
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Man I'm still confused, Sorry!
So with the flight recorder and reviewing it with datamaster, I cant see where it is pulling timing? I think I have read something about doing a data log, is that the same as the flight recorder?

Old 10-02-2015, 02:27 PM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator

Use VTune 3 to view the pulled timing suggestions.

After you accept the new calibration open it in Mastertune. View the timing edits.

Old 10-02-2015, 03:16 PM
harleytq
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Ok I just updated my software and I have v-tune 2 and v-tune 3 what is the difference, do I need both?
So when I was reading the old software manuals it said to hook up the laptop, So Is that what is new now, you don't need a laptop to collect the data while you ride, now you just hook up the dongle and that collects the data?

Old 10-07-2015, 11:59 PM
Timmy T
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Excessive TTS Flight Runs or Not?

After much research I ended up with the TTS to tune my recently acquired 2015 RGS. I've done tons of reading but am still not comfortable enough to start manually manipulating graphs and values, so I'm totally relying on the Vtune3 to do the work. I started with a TTS can map and per the instructions made all the adjustments to it before starting. So far I've done 8 Flight Recorder runs, with the average run times of about 2 hrs each. Each Flight run has collected any where from 4 to 15 files to load in the Datamaster software. I'm still getting the "additional tuning recommended" message so I just loaded the 9th Vtune Calibration in the bike and will go on another Flight run tomorrow. Does it normally take this many Flight runs to get values in order? My Flight runs have been on local streets, mountain roads, up hills, down hills, freeways, a whole variety of throttle positions and RPM levels. I am having a great time learning and messing with this stuff. I guess I just need confirmation that I'm on the right track and am not just "spinning my wheels". From what I read others seem to be able to get it done in a few runs. Thoughts or recommendations appreciated.

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information