Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2015, 06:30 AM
98Ultra
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have done 14 V-Tunes so far, from an hour to 10 hours, From flat country roads to interstate in the blue ridge mountains . I didn't get the mountain roads I wanted because I was riding with a friend on his first mountain trip.

Old 10-08-2015, 07:35 AM
nottaway
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with 107 break-in cal file

Ok I'm putting my 107 build back together. I wonder if someone would be nice enough to help me configure the base file for break in? Can you recommend the cal file and list the steps to configure it to get started? I already know how to Vtune and do the cam monitor etc, but I want to make sure I get the base file configured proper for startup.

I intend to get full dyno tune once broken in but the tuner likes 500mi on the bike before putting it through the paces on the dyno.

Here is the setup:

2009 Street Bob originally a 96"

107(3.938x4.375)
4.9g/s injectors
Heads welded, Ported, and polished 1.9 intake Valve
Tman 590 Cam
50mm TB
Patriot Defender 2-1 Exhaust
Compression setup at 10.87(Static), 9.82(corrected), and CCC 207.2

Old 10-08-2015, 07:41 AM
Timmy T
6th Gear

Originally Posted by 98Ultra
I have done 14 V-Tunes so far, from an hour to 10 hours, From flat country roads to interstate in the blue ridge mountains . I didn't get the mountain roads I wanted because I was riding with a friend on his first mountain trip.
Interesting 98Ultra... Good to know I'm not alone. Have you notice improvements as you move through the Vtune improved calibrations? My initial TTS Can-Map was a big improvement over the HD Stage 1 map which is what I was running before the TTS. It was however a little sluggish taking off. That issue smoothed out after the second Vtune run. After that I couldn't notice any improvements until about the 6th or 7th run. The 8th cal actually had a knock at idle (1000rpm). I'll see after today's ride if this 9th calibration clears that knock up.

Old 10-08-2015, 08:26 AM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator
Received 2,035 Likes on 1,103 Posts

Recommend you guys shorten up your VTune runs. Get out there for 30 min to 1 hr.

Riding for hours gathering the same data on top of old data is a waste.

Old 10-08-2015, 08:50 AM
Timmy T
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
Recommend you guys shorten up your VTune runs. Get out there for 30 min to 1 hr.

Riding for hours gathering the same data on top of old data is a waste.
Thank you Mr Wizard. After studying my Histogram, I'm beginning to see that quality is more important than quantity. I guess knowing how to puch the engine in the direction of those missing or under informed cells is part of the learning curve. I seem to be lacking information at the two extreme ends of the spectrum. I haven't found much written on that part of the process, so for me it's been more about learning on your own as you go sort a deal. I appreciate any advise yourself or anybody else has to offer on gathering relevant information in those areas that are more difficult to accumulate.

Old 10-08-2015, 09:27 AM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator

Gathering data points is all about load. Getting data in each kPa/RPM area.

The areas where you don't normally ride is where the auto-extend come into play.

Don't drive yourself crazy by thing perfection. Get the calibration close then go ride. Don't forget the ECM will learn and adapt on its own as you ride.

I would stay and try to answer more but decided I would take a break.

Old 10-08-2015, 01:53 PM
Dozer40
Supporter
Received 328 Likes on 176 Posts

The areas where you don't normally ride is where the auto-extend come into play.

Don't drive yourself crazy by thing perfection. Get the calibration close then go ride. Don't forget the ECM will learn and adapt on its own as you ride.

You deserve a break today..so get up and get away!

Old 10-08-2015, 02:24 PM
Timmy T
6th Gear

We all deserve a break like that, just wish I could. Just keep the pictures coming and I'll imagine I'm there.

Old 10-08-2015, 03:30 PM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Nice, enjoy the vacation, you deserve it.

Old 10-08-2015, 03:39 PM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator

About all I saw today was water and bikini's. You guys aren't interested in any of that stuff right?

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information