Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2016, 08:16 PM
RickLB
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
What's funny about your story is... I remember each conversation we had going over the same thing a dozen times then you bought your parts in a nano second. Installed them, didn't like them, another nano second goes buy and the UPS brings you a different widget...

For anyone in disbelief about Nutz's story... it's all real even the time line.

Moral of his story. Slow down, don't believe everything you read or hear passing by a shop. Find someone that ACTUALLY HAS the modification and talk to them about it and the changes it made to their bike. Never, never but never just buy out of impulse.
I've read this thread from 100 pages back to the end and the above, especially the last paragraph, is what is really taking its toll on me. I've got the funds and wanting to improve my 14 Limited but trying to make the right decisions once and be done.
I've been PMing Wiz tonight and before getting some info. I hope I'm not bothering him to much but I truly want just a good running stage 1 bike!
There is so much info on this site alone to drive a man insane trying to figure out the good and bad.
Thanks to Wiz and all the others helping and sharing info about TTS!

Last edited by RickLB; 05-02-2016 at 08:20 PM.
Old 05-02-2016, 08:31 PM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator
Received 2,035 Likes on 1,103 Posts

Naaaaa... You aren't bothering me. I'm rebuilding a computer so it's all about hurry up and wait. Have been sending PM"s and email to a few dozen people tonight.

Go with what I suggested and you'll be very happy. From there you can go Stage II and still use the same equipment just add cams.

The following users liked this post:
RickLB (05-02-2016)
Old 05-03-2016, 03:34 AM
SSTuner
Supporter
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

As Doc said but I would suggest shorter rides (15 to 20 minutes) with differentiating loads and gears. Slowly roll the throttle on and off while hesitating in between for a few seconds. Find a nice hill to lug up or take a passenger for extra weight. And... please remember tuning isn't about speed, it's about load and throttle position depending on how your calibration is set up for a 2016.

Thanks Wiz, that was my next question on how do I fill those missing cells.

Old 05-03-2016, 05:57 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by RickLB
I've read this thread from 100 pages back to the end and the above, especially the last paragraph, is what is really taking its toll on me. I've got the funds and wanting to improve my 14 Limited but trying to make the right decisions once and be done.
I've been PMing Wiz tonight and before getting some info. I hope I'm not bothering him to much but I truly want just a good running stage 1 bike!
There is so much info on this site alone to drive a man insane trying to figure out the good and bad.
Thanks to Wiz and all the others helping and sharing info about TTS!
There was a point to my story and Wiz was just razzing (making yet another point) me from several years back. And yes at that time I was buying, installing, removing, selling, re-buying, re-installing, re-removing, re-selling parts like they were going out of style but it was all about testing and I got my testing accomplished.

But! Wiz is right. People come here and other forums, read a plethora of information, go down to their local indy shop/tuner and proceed to tell the shop builder/tuner everything there ever was to know about building and tuning a bike because, well.. they read it on the internet.

Wiz will no doubt steer you where you want to go based on your definition of "good running bike". That could mean anything from you want it to do wheelies to being able to take off from a dead stop in 4th gear.

Old 05-03-2016, 07:37 AM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ
Wiz will no doubt steer you where you want to go based on your definition of "good running bike". That could mean anything from you want it to do wheelies to being able to take off from a dead stop in 4th gear.
Still working on that one UN... can I borrow your bike to start testing?

Old 05-03-2016, 07:39 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

The only testing done on my bike is self-induced testing. This way I know exactly what I did to break it, therefore I know exactly what I need to do to fix it. :-)

Old 05-03-2016, 07:46 AM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator

Originally Posted by SSTuner
Thanks Wiz, that was my next question on how do I fill those missing cells.
Let me ask a quick question SS... If you ride for hours and hours and never get data from certain cells what makes you think you need to fill them in? You never ride there, right?

That's one way of looking at it. Another way is knowing that the TTS software will extend your data to other cells in the high kPa area.

Now... if you really want to work hard at filling in these void areas you can get a laptop and a cell phone or extended monitor and watch the screen while you ride. The histogram will show you exactly where you are in your range and you can see if you have enough data in the cell as it turns color.

There is the smoothing feature and the flattening feature in MasterTune that will adjust the tables as well.

All depends on how **** you want to be when tuning.

Old 05-03-2016, 07:48 AM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ
The only testing done on my bike is self-induced testing. This way I know exactly what I did to break it, therefore I know exactly what I need to do to fix it. :-)
I can break it and you can fix it.

We could do this all weekend!

What ya say? It will be a blast..

Old 05-03-2016, 11:33 PM
hrdtail78
Road Warrior

Received 565 Likes on 393 Posts

This cal is a good example of what you don't want.

124 performance hot street bike. Worked S&S casting, S&S 650, 12:1 comp, 8.5 injectors, ported 66, unrestrictive 2-1.

I can maybe understand the thinking of slamming the ED to try and control the huge injectors, but then having to slam the injectors for VE headroom makes it a complete wash but still affects so many other tables and settings. Also the rear spark is just copied from front. Plenty of things to pick at.

Hope you stick around Doc.

Attached Files
File Type: zip
Step away from the dyno.zip (47.7 KB, 36 views)

Last edited by hrdtail78; 05-03-2016 at 11:37 PM.
Old 05-04-2016, 07:27 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

I can break it and you can fix it.

We could do this all weekend!

What ya say? It will be a blast..
I'm bringin the beer and chips...Root beer that is!

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information