Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2016, 06:04 PM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator
Received 2,035 Likes on 1,103 Posts

The last thing to worry about is a virus in the TTS servers. Ever think about getting rid of Norton? Years ago Peter Norton was the guy but not today... program is way outdated.

Old 10-15-2016, 06:38 PM
Tsani
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

It is not meant to disparage TTS. I have no doubt as to Steve's practices. However, anything can happen between his servers, online servers and a computer at my end. It is a valid question. Norton is still a good product. As is Malwarebytes and Spybot. All of which I run. I will know more in an hour or so. This is my main computer and my laptop uses Defender and did not have an issue.

Old 10-15-2016, 06:48 PM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator
Received 2,035 Likes on 1,103 Posts

I didn't take it that way and didn't make note that you did. You OK tonight?

I do know that the updates come directly from TTS servers directly in their office.

A long time ago Steve recommended turning off virus checkers when updating. We haven't had to to that in a long while. It could be a code change setting off an alarm.

Old 10-15-2016, 08:25 PM
Doc 1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Tsani
Question about the TTS updates I downloaded today. Anyone else get a Trojan warning?
I use Norton's 360. It detected a Trojan called nac2-blue-sea rising but I find no information about it. Don't know if it is a false alert or not.
Tsani, a lot of these security programs will see the TTS as a virus. Either disconnect the security you have or use a microsoft security program off the internet....they are free. I have Malwarebytes anti malware and another protection that I can't remember at this time....duh....but is is also free on the internet.
Doc

Old 10-15-2016, 09:24 PM
Tsani
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Yeah Wiz, I am ok. Why? That's one problem with the internet. Typing sucks. Face to face is better. If I am ever not ok, I will let folks know or generally avoid people.
I figured this is good place to ask about it since a lot of people here in this section will be updating since they use TTS. Just wanted to make it clear that I am not running TTS down. I know how that goes.

Yeah Doc, I agree. When the Subscription to Norton's run out, I am done with it. It's the heuristics scanning that does it I believe. But I am quick on running these things down.

Old 10-31-2016, 07:22 AM
Sarhan
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wish that TTS add this feature license program to able use the device on whatever number of bikes

Old 11-29-2016, 06:54 AM
panck
Advanced
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hi guys, recently I start play with TTS and I found issue with Saving calibration. I play with 3 different ECM and from first one I was able to save calibration but from other 2 no.
Always I have error Saving ECM 2 Installing bootloader, Quitting! with 40% of save.
I using black dongle.
It is wierd as TTS dont want to save calibration from first ECM with MT 1.7.8 but is working on 1.0.0 which I was able to save.

Any ideas what can be wrong or what I missing

cheers

Old 11-29-2016, 07:35 AM
Wide Open Cycles
Former Sponsor
Received 207 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by panck
Hi guys, recently I start play with TTS and I found issue with Saving calibration. I play with 3 different ECM and from first one I was able to save calibration but from other 2 no.
Always I have error Saving ECM 2 Installing bootloader, Quitting! with 40% of save.
I using black dongle.
It is wierd as TTS dont want to save calibration from first ECM with MT 1.7.8 but is working on 1.0.0 which I was able to save.

Any ideas what can be wrong or what I missing

cheers
Do you have a TTS module for each ECM or are you trying to use the same module for all 3?

The following users liked this post:
Mr. Wizard (11-29-2016)
Old 11-29-2016, 02:31 PM
panck
Advanced
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Correct, this is black unit so you should be able to save any calibration from ECM. I was reading that can be issue with cable but i got genuine TTS cable, SERT cable and some aftermarket also. I dont understand what can be a problem. I have 3 ECM (touring 2003,2007 and one with no VIN nr)

Old 11-29-2016, 03:41 PM
Wide Open Cycles
Former Sponsor
Received 207 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by panck
Correct, this is black unit so you should be able to save any calibration from ECM. I was reading that can be issue with cable but i got genuine TTS cable, SERT cable and some aftermarket also. I dont understand what can be a problem. I have 3 ECM (touring 2003,2007 and one with no VIN nr)

The TTS will marry itself to the ECM and once married it can only be used on the ECM that it is married to. Each ECM need to have it's own dedicated TTS module.

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information