Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Old 02-18-2017, 06:53 PM
Steve Cole
HD EFI Guru
Received 3,408 Likes on 1,565 Posts

The Sportster (XL) calibrations have all been updated in the last software release.

The following 2 users liked this post by Steve Cole:
rigidthumper (02-21-2017), WKNDS (03-03-2017)
Old 03-03-2017, 01:09 PM
WKNDS
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,255 Likes on 926 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve Cole
The Sportster (XL) calibrations have all been updated in the last software release.

Something you probably dont hear enough - THANK YOU!

T.

Old 04-03-2017, 01:43 PM
arkaz
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello, thanks for the new maps for sportster(2008, black TTS). I have an issue, maybe i donīt how to use the new features, i try to get data with datamaster 2, i used the new mt9 map for sportster. I change the parameters lambda .981 and the table to 14.6. I run the datamaster to collect vtune3, AE DE and AFR is in green but the window say "waiting" while the temp is down 124 šC ( yellow) when the temp is green then AFR turns in yellow and and the windows still says "waiting".

I hope someone can help me. Thank you.

Old 04-03-2017, 02:31 PM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator
Received 2,035 Likes on 1,103 Posts

After the bike warms up the cells will normally start turning green as it collects data but...

If the bike is running rich or very lean you will get the waiting note. This doesn't mean the bike is not generating data or it is not being recorded but is out of range of what the software is looking for.

Suggest riding the bike for about 10 or 15 minutes then see what cells have generated green data. When you see how far nearby cells adjust you will get an idea how far out the unchanged "waiting" cells are and can manually adjust. Usually adjust up or down by 10% at a time until you get rid of the yellow "waiting".

The following users liked this post:
arkaz (04-12-2017)
Old 04-12-2017, 11:43 AM
misfitJason
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 651 Posts

Is there a way to just click on a selected ve and manually change it like I did in win pv. All it let's me do to it when I right click on it is go up in increments or set to baseline. I can smooth it or flatten by going under edit. But, I would like to figure out how to just manually enter in a value.

Old 04-12-2017, 11:57 AM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator

Click on the cell then use increment or decrement to move the value manually. You can use one of the preset "unit" radio buttons or the "%" box

Old 04-12-2017, 04:10 PM
arkaz
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
After the bike warms up the cells will normally start turning green as it collects data but...

If the bike is running rich or very lean you will get the waiting note. This doesn't mean the bike is not generating data or it is not being recorded but is out of range of what the software is looking for.

Suggest riding the bike for about 10 or 15 minutes then see what cells have generated green data. When you see how far nearby cells adjust you will get an idea how far out the unchanged "waiting" cells are and can manually adjust. Usually adjust up or down by 10% at a time until you get rid of the yellow "waiting".
Thank you Mr. Wizard
Today i tried again, i got an email from TTS company, they said me i canīt use the Vtune3 data collect because my 02 sensor are stock. I tried again with the Vtune data collect and finally it works. I have got some cells but itīs a little hard without rpm gauge. Another question, i get this two (TPS=40% RPM=6500, i donīt what it means but it appeared in the box) :

How can i get more cells in a road use. Over TPS 30% no colour cell only XXX. Why ?

Thank you and i try to learn more I reading the guide and everything that i find on internet, but itīs a little hard because english isnīt my mother language. Even i can say my english sucks but i will do my best.

Old 04-12-2017, 04:35 PM
misfitJason
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 651 Posts

• thank you sir

Old 04-12-2017, 04:51 PM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator

Originally Posted by arkaz
Thank you Mr. Wizard
Today i tried again, i got an email from TTS company, they said me i canīt use the Vtune3 data collect because my 02 sensor are stock. I tried again with the Vtune data collect and finally it works. I have got some cells but itīs a little hard without rpm gauge. Another question, i get this two (TPS=40% RPM=6500, i donīt what it means but it appeared in the box) :
Not sure who told you that but it is not a true statement.

Is it possible that you misunderstood? VTune reads data from the ECM and as long as the ECM has stock sensors there will be data for the standard TTS module to comprehend.

Old 04-12-2017, 04:56 PM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator

Originally Posted by arkaz

How can i get more cells in a road use. Over TPS 30% no colour cell only XXX.
Road tuning is not about speed. It is about being in the correct gear under the right uphill/load conditions so the throttle can be opened. Remember... the higher the kPa (the less vacuum) the more open the throttle and the heavier load is seen by the bike.

So... get in 5th or 6th at a low speed and open the throttle on an uphill slope or two up.

The following users liked this post:
TKill7 (05-08-2018)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information