Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

another fuel injector problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2006, 09:44 AM
banjopickin101
Road Warrior
Received 543 Likes on 219 Posts
Default another fuel injector problem

Add me to the list of problems. I picked up my 06 Road King Classic and noticed a problem on the ride home. After 400 miles and three conversations with the service dept. they finally agreed to check it. I made an appointment for 8:00 on a Saturday and arrived at 7:45 at which time I was turned over to the "service manager". To make a long story short, the bike was moved to the back in plain view through the doors where it sit for two hours. (a walk in was taken care of before my bike was touched) The bike was then taken for a short ride (I knew the mileage) and parked by the back door (again within plain view) where it sit until 1:00. I then asked if they found out anything on my bike. The service manager then came and told me that they have checked it and they can find nothing wrong. He said "we know that you have a problem and we will check it again at the 1000 mile service". I could have lived with that but it was obvious that they were not concerned with my problem and had no intentions of checking my bike.

I have tried to speak with the owner in person and have called him but unless I sit outside the dealership, I don't think that will happen

I called Harley Davidson Customer Service and was told that the service tech should follow the procedure on the service bullaten. I Was told that the dealers are independently owned and Harley can not tell them to fix it. I was given a reference number and told to take it to the certified dealer of my choice and have the dealers tech call their tech with that number. It was then made clear again that Harley can not tell any dealer to fix my bike.

Just wondering what you guy's would do? (next closest dealer is a couple of hours away)

Old 05-02-2006, 10:31 AM
Geoseismic
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: another fuel injector problem

HD customer service gave me the "dealers are independently owned" line also. I reminded them whose name and logo was displayed at the dealership. I also reminded them who built the motorcycle that those dealers are servicing. I sometimes think that the MoCo tries to dissassociate themselves from the dealerships because they know that there are many bad ones out there. I don't think that dissassociation would stand in a court of law. The dealers have to be approved/authorized by the MoCo before the can sell or service their bikes. Putting this stamp of approval on the dealer automatically gives the MoCo some responsibility for the dealers actions.

Old 05-04-2006, 07:11 AM
banjopickin101
Road Warrior
Received 543 Likes on 219 Posts

I have spent several days reading the posts and I think I read where the PClll may help my stock 06 Road King with the 8 degree injectors. Can anyone confirm this? I am having NO luck with local dealer and I drove 4 hours to other dealers but it's almost like no one wants to fool with my problem.
I am at the point to where I will try to fix it myself (none of the three dealers had the 25 degree injectors).
Next step PClll?
Sorry to bother you guys

Old 05-04-2006, 08:32 AM
HD Renegade
Road Warrior

Call the HD customer service back and tell them what was said above. Also tell them that you do not feel safe in traffic with your new motor cycle either with how it is running. Go back to your dealer and be rather firm, but not any out right a$$hole to them about it. Riding season is to short, bug the heck out of them until they get it right.

Bob

Old 05-06-2006, 12:32 PM
davesnhere
Cruiser

Hello, My 06 Ultra had the 8 degree injectors and had the stumble/buck/stall cold start problem. I really started to notice it around the 300 mile mark when it started to get worse. Since I knew I'd was scheduled for my 1000 mile service in a week, I waited till then to see about getting it looked at (I asked the Service department about it and they said it would be ok to wait). I was really concerned because my 02 Road King Classic ran great from day one, and after reading about the injector problem on here, and the hassles with some dealers, I was really begining to sweat it.
I arrived at my dealer on my scheduled service day and was 2nd in line for service that day. During the initial service write up I descibed what was happening, and told the service manager. He went on about "not believing everything I read on the internet!", and acted like it was no big deal!!! Now I was getting a little worried....He did say that they had swapped the injectors on another customers bike but it didn't help, so he really wasn't too enthuised about doing it. He did say he'd get a mechanic to ride the bike, and if it ran like I described he would contact Harley for advise. So I headed for the lounge to wait out my service in total frustration.
After about 20 minutes the service manager appeared and told me he had some news....He had a set of the 25 degree injectors in stock, and would install them so long as I agreed to be his guinny-pig and report for a few days on how the bike was running so he'd know if it solved the problem, and whether he should stock up on 25 degree injectors! I did see a copy of some kind of official bulletin from Harley on his desk describing the injector problem/repair. After a 3 hour wait they rolled the bike out for me and I took a lap around the parking lot and told him the problem was solved!!! This was how the bike should have ran from the start! I called him for several days after the install and told him the problem was solved!!!
Sorry for the long post, just wanted to give my story on it. I've decided to stick with this dealer for now and would suggest if one dealer won't fix it, find another and keep on pushing the issue!!! A $20,000.00 bike should run like it supposed to, and if it doesn't, they should fix it with no questions asked!!!