Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Question on Super Tuner and Stage 1 Down Load

Old 07-24-2009, 05:43 PM
vaughn4380
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Question on Super Tuner and Stage 1 Down Load

So I finally found a dealer that is able to do a stage I download (none of the local dealers have the ability to do this). The down side is that they are two hours away and want to charge me $500 for the Screaming Eagle Air Cleaner kit, Stage 1 Download, and Installation of both ($140 for the download, $60 for the installation of the download, $140 for the air cleaner, and $160 for installation of the air cleaner). The dealer will NOT do the download unless I buy the air cleaner from the dealer and pay them to install it, so I can’t buy the AC myself and install it and just pay for the download.

So my question is, would it be a better option to order a Super Tuner and AC kit from Zanotti’s and do everything myself? I can get the Super Tuner from Zanotti’s for $359, and the AC kit for $105 and shipping comes out to $30. So the cost is the same either way.

Am I correct to understand that the Super Tuner has a stock map for upgraded AC with no other modifications to the motor? Would I need any other items to get the super tuner to work, like the cables or additional CD?

The only other option I might want in the future would be slip-ons for the exhaust, which could be added with either option.

If it helps, the bike is a 2009 Heritage Softail.

Old 07-24-2009, 07:15 PM
deadeye
Road Warrior
Received 92 Likes on 57 Posts

I'll be the first to say buy and install your own air cleaner and slip-ons. Get a TTS and tune the bike yourself. You'll save money and love the results.

That's the decision I made after researching it for a while. Read up and poke around the threads in this section for a while and you can learn about all the different tuner options and find what is best for you.

Old 07-24-2009, 07:57 PM
WoodsHog
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I bought my bike,I had the air cleaner and stage 1 download done before I picked it up.Can't remember the the exact amount,but I know it was less than $400 for both.I installed my pipes myself.My dealer says the download is all I need as far as fuel management.It ran ok,but I still had alot of heat issues.I then added the xied's and they cooled it down quite a bit.Dropped about 20 degrees oil temp.It runs ok, but I do have some decel pop.Not bad,but it is there.If I were you,I would forget the download and get a tuner of some sorts.Get your pipes and air cleaner.Call fuelmoto and order a pcv.They will map it for you.Plug and play.Good reports on them!I plan on doing that sometime in the near future when the funds alow.I should have done it in the first place and skipped the download.It ain't worth it when you can spend a couple hundred more and it will run hands down better.JMO.

Old 07-24-2009, 09:22 PM
SEDELUXE
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TTS master tune down load their stg 1 program and do your own air cleaner savee your self the time and trouble.
you can give JD's cycleworks 1-610-297-0321 a call i think he gives forum members a discount on the TTS.
remember you will also need to purchase the connectors also .
G

Old 07-25-2009, 09:44 AM
roadgliderick
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

what i have is a ridemax from www.americanmicrofueldevises.com for my 2009 streetglide. sinse i have installed it all my problems gone no heat issues no popping at all on decel .this is a bluethooth fuel tuner i have tried them all power commander SERT tv3fuel pack and so and they all requirdyno to get beat over all results. it your choice but with the ride max no more dyno just bolt your parts on and ride. good luck ride safe