Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

New firmware in the Race Tuner

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 04:02 AM
Stoffe
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New firmware in the Race Tuner

Is there anyone that knows how to put new firmware into the Race Tuner? I have looked in the manual but without results.

Old 07-29-2009, 08:03 AM
eddfive
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

SERT is not supported anymore so nothing to do there (4.77 is last official release of software). The new SEST will allow for the VCI communication device to be updated but you need an internet connection. The SEST program can be updated over the internet at least through model year 09 and 32111-09 software release. I am sure for the 2010's they will require a new software CD to be purchased.

Old 07-29-2009, 10:06 AM
TickTock
Club Member

Originally Posted by Stoffe
Is there anyone that knows how to put new firmware into the Race Tuner? I have looked in the manual but without results.
Not sure what you are trying to do.

The only way to get new firmware into the ECM is to have updated software. If this is your goal, then all you do is save your current calibration file someplace and upgrade to the new version of the software. Once this is done you find the new calibration file and cut/paste your old table values into the new version of the file. After you do that you go through the normal programming process. The firmware or complete set of programming instructions is downloaded into the ECM at the point.

Why do you think you need to update firmware?

Old 07-29-2009, 06:45 PM
user 9375875
Banned

You can have the SERT upgraded to work with TTS Mastertune. You need to run the SERT qualifier from the MasterTune website to check if it is eligible for the upgrade. Then you send it to TTS and they will send you a new interface (locked to the same bike) - cost is $100. --Gary

Old 07-30-2009, 12:58 PM
Old Gunny
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

How about that!

Old 07-31-2009, 11:42 AM
Stoffe
Intermediate

I can't put the new programming file into the ECM because the firmware in my SERT does'nt support the new file. I allready have the new software program for the SERT but it does'nt work. That's what I'm trying to do. I have version 4.6.2, it's an old software.

Last edited by Stoffe; 07-31-2009 at 11:44 AM.
Old 07-31-2009, 11:46 AM
TickTock
Club Member

So what you need is a later version of the software. There are a couple of options here:
1.) find a later version of the software (somebody might hook you up)
2.) send your file to me and I will extract the table values out into an excel spreadsheet and you can cut/paste them into a version of the file that works for you. This file will be named the same as the one you have.
3.) look on ebay and buy a later cd version

Old 07-31-2009, 09:15 PM
murphdog
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You can get version 4.7.7 here:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/q7d973

Old 08-01-2009, 02:21 AM
Stoffe
Intermediate

The problem is that the new version of the cd does'nt work with the Race Tuner. I need to uppgrade the firmware in the Race Tuner, not the new cd, that I allready have.

Old 08-01-2009, 07:08 AM
TickTock
Club Member

You have another issue. The software is backwards compatible. Most of us here have upgraded to the new version of the software with an older SERT module and have had no issues. As a matter of fact, I recently used a 32107-01 with no letter designator brand new (manufacture date 07/16/02) with the 4.7.7 version of the software with no issues.

Are you sure you are loading the right calibration for your motorcycle? Since you have a 2008 you may need a calibration for 2008 rather than new firmware (maybe you are using the word firmware and mean Calibration or Map). If that is the case then you can look here: http://www.mastertune.net/files/calibrations.asp I am not sure if they have what you need but this would probably be the latest version you can find.

Quick Reply: New firmware in the Race Tuner