Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Electrical Help with my 2002 Dyna Lowrider

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 08:47 PM
nomaden1
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Electrical Help with my 2002 Dyna Lowrider

I have an 02 lowrider that is modified to a SE 95ci race with a mikuni 45mm slider carb. I was riding the other day and the bike shut down as if the key had been turned turned off. I pulled the clutch in and tried to bump start it and it sputtered and then nothing. Once I stopped the bike showed no signs of life. Once I trailered it home I put the battery on the charger and it jumped right up to 80% and was fully charged in 30 minutes. I then checked the fuses and just to be sure I put in all new ones. I then checked the battery connections and ensured they were tight. I checked the switch by using the multimeter by trying it with the key off which showed now continuity and then with the switch turned on there was continuity. I put the original ignition mod and coil back in still nothing. Trying to figure out how to test the lines and curcuit breaker without no power. I could use some help trying to fix my electrical problem. Thanx in advance for any and all help.

Old 11-03-2009, 04:43 PM
00ultra
Advanced

Don't know too much about 2000 Dyna Lowriders but I do know that when my 2000 Ultra shut down on me it was the Master thermal ckt breaker that was going open when it got hot. Harley's answer was to put a 50amp breaker inplace of the 40amp breaker. That work for a while until the spring in the breaker got week from heat and started going out again. So I put a normal 40amp car fuse in parallel with the thermal breaker a walla No more problems. Do you have any power to anything when the iginiton switch is on ? I'm just not sure how your bike is wired.....

Old 11-03-2009, 05:26 PM
nomaden1
6th Gear

I don't have power to nothing at all. I just got home from work and going to pull battery out for bench test plus clean cables and redo ground. The circiut breaker is my next step. Will post what happen. Thanx

Old 11-06-2009, 05:15 PM
nomaden1
6th Gear
Default Tssm

Well I chased wires and circuit breaker and even volt Reg, all were good. Since I have an 02 the only thing left is the TSSM. Anyone have any input on that one? Thanx in advance.

Old 11-08-2009, 09:24 PM
nomaden1
6th Gear
Default Trying to check TSSM

I have checked everything that I could think of. I ordered new battery cables. Since I was told that even if you have continuity that if they are lose or damaged at all you can lose power. It makes it hard not having any power to assist you with testing. So now I am trying to figure out how to test the TSSM to see if that might be it. To replace it just because is a bit expensive at $275+. Also does anyone know if this could be caused by the volt reg and if so is there anyway to test it other than doing the standard ground check? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Old 03-10-2016, 05:06 PM
Miek1444
Stage I

I have a 2002 low rider,will the bike start without the TSSM connected? I was going down the road when all the lights got real bright and then everthing blew out.I replaced the battery and the voltage regulator, when I connect the battery all the lights go on without the key turned on,when I try to start it the bike is dead,nothing,I thinking it has to do with the alarm, if anyone can help it would be very much appreciated.