Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

RevTech DFO installed

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2006, 06:32 PM
Square Dude
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RevTech DFO installed

I installed a RevTech Digital Fuel Optimizer on my '01 RK yesterday. I rode it for the second time today and it feels like a different bike. Gone is the cruise speed miss I've been putting up with since installing SE mufflers a while back. It's terribly hot here today and even so it seems to run a little cooler I guess because it is not so lean now.

The install was easy. Tuning was just like they said it would be and I wound up with the pots set just about exactly where they said was normal for a bike configured like mine. I also added a K&N air filter element and opened up the back plate of my air cleaner for more air. If the mileage suffers too much I can always back the high speed pot up a bit.

So far, I'm happy with it.

Old 07-28-2006, 06:35 PM
GrayRider
Tourer
Default RE: RevTech DFO installed

Congratulations. That was the appropriate and easiest fix for your bike. Much easier than some of the other stuff.

Old 07-28-2006, 07:00 PM
broke joker
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just put a TFI on mine 2 days ago runs real strong but i have 1 problem when i'am crusin' about 50-55 and shift down yo 3rd gear it takes off slower than it did before but then you better hold on because it will fly from there on.

Old 07-28-2006, 11:55 PM
Square Dude
Banned

I have to ask you - how do you downshift to 3rd at 55 mph? I was told by a Harley wrench the other day that I ride like an old man but if I downshifted to 3rd at that speed I know the engine would blow up. I usually slow down to 40 or so to downshift to 4th myself.

I have noticed something since installing the DFO that I am trying to convince myself is just my imagination: When I start off in 1st, 2nd, then 3rd it seems to me that the clutch is slipping in all three gears. Not so noticable in 4th and 5th. Seems like the engine is screaming but I don't seem to be going very fast. I don't know if it is just the sound of the now opened up air cleaner or maybe the way is runs now (like someone lit a fire under it). I've only ridden twice so far but tomorrow I intend to ride a bit further. I even went through the clutch adjustments today just to make sure it had enough free-play. It must be just me because it seemed fine before.