Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

tuner wants to eleminate my 02 sensors

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 07:34 AM
bpav16
Road Master
Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts
Default tuner wants to eleminate my 02 sensors

09 flhrc with 7500miles.....just installed SE103 with 255 cams. I have the super tuner and came out of the shop using a canned map, she is running much hotter than before...I'm thinking its the new parts that gotta loosen up. Well, I talked to a tuner in my area and he wants to eleminate my 02 sensors in this tune...does that sound right?....thanks

Old 03-07-2010, 07:41 AM
Sash302
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got a pcV tuner and I eliminated my o2s bike runs fantastic,last staff to malfunction.......

Old 03-07-2010, 08:18 AM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator
Received 2,035 Likes on 1,103 Posts

Originally Posted by bpav16
09 flhrc with 7500miles.....just installed SE103 with 255 cams. I have the super tuner and came out of the shop using a canned map, she is running much hotter than before...I'm thinking its the new parts that gotta loosen up. Well, I talked to a tuner in my area and he wants to eleminate my 02 sensors in this tune...does that sound right?....thanks
This would depend on your riding style and how much MPG you expect. You can take the sensors out of play simply by adjusting your map, no need to physically disconnect or remove. However, if you are like most other average riders I would not do it. Just my .02

May want to speak with another local guru for their opinion or run your Smart Tune from the SEST software. Correct your VE tables first then you can adjust your AFR's from there.

-wiz

Old 03-07-2010, 08:18 AM
ColdCase
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You would lose the ECU capability to adapt to fuel, climate, and motor changes. You may lose some drivability and certainly mpg. If all you care about is WOT power and race most of the time, it probably won't make much difference. There are lots of bad boys riding highly modified bikes that use the O2 sensors for at least part of the MAP and wouldn't have it any other way.

Do you trust this tuner?

Old 03-07-2010, 08:44 AM
bpav16
Road Master
Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by ColdCase
You would lose the ECU capability to adapt to fuel, climate, and motor changes. You may lose some drivability and certainly mpg. If all you care about is WOT power and race most of the time, it probably won't make much difference. There are lots of bad boys riding highly modified bikes that use the O2 sensors for at least part of the MAP and wouldn't have it any other way.

Do you trust this tuner?
Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
This would depend on your riding style and how much MPG you expect. You can take the sensors out of play simply by adjusting your map, no need to physically disconnect or remove. However, if you are like most other average riders I would not do it. Just my .02

May want to speak with another local guru for their opinion or run your Smart Tune from the SEST software. Correct your VE tables first then you can adjust your AFR's from there.

-wiz
I dont have the software or knowledge...I rely on the shop for my tuning needs...my riding style is cruising with a little wot once in a while...I was looking for torque with this build and it feels so far like I got it...still in break in so I'm not pushing it.