Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Replacing TSSM with TSM to get ride of Security Function

Old 03-25-2010, 01:33 PM
BoomerBob
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Replacing TSSM with TSM to get ride of Security Function

Has anyone done this? I want to do this because I can buy the TSM for less than a visit to the dealer and never have to worry about the TSSM and ECM going out of sync again like it appears to have done now.

When this happens the security module acts like a kill switch and doesn't allow the bike to start. Nothing happens when you hit the start button. No click. Nothing.

This would really suck if I had to change out the battery or something on a trip and they went out of sync leaving me stranded.

Old 01-17-2011, 02:48 PM
kenlani
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I wanna do this on my 04 fxdl but have been reading around and it seems the TSM has to be "married" to the ECM -- anyone know how to do this?

all the posts I've read have steps where you wait for the security light to turn off ,(like three times) but that wouldn't apply when having a TSM would it?

Old 02-10-2011, 12:35 PM
BDR2001SOFTAIL
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just bought a TSM for my 2001 softail and have done the marrying procedure several times but it's not working. The new TSM was installed, the bike attempts to start but then shuts off immediately, I then decided to put back the old one and it starts up and runs but it's running on a high rpm all the time. I have gone thru the process of marrying the new TSM but it's just not working..Has anyone experienced this before? And if so, any ideas of how to go about making the new TSM work?

Also, anyone know why the bike would be running at all times with a high rpm?

I'd appreciate any help and/or suggestions...thanks everyone!

Old 02-10-2011, 02:11 PM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator
Received 2,035 Likes on 1,103 Posts

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/engin...roceedure.html

This may or may not be helpful. I've also heard that they can be matched by a dealer using the digital technician.

Old 02-11-2011, 03:31 AM
BoomerBob
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There's a big difference between the "Turn Signal Security Module" and the "Turn Signal Module".

The TSM should just work with no other adjustments but the TSSM might need the HD "Digital Tech" device to marry. Probably takes a knowledgeable technician 2 minutes to do it.

Old 02-11-2011, 04:05 AM
dbell66253
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I took the TSSM out of my 07 and put it in my 10 and had the problem of the engine starting then stopping stopping. I took it to the dealer they had to mary it for me. It took about 5 minutes and they did not charge me. Now I can interchange the TSM and TSSM, so I keep the TSM in my saddlebag in case I ever do have a problem.

Old 02-11-2011, 04:12 AM
dbell66253
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

BBTW I don't know about all tuners, but with the Thundermax it automatically marys.

Old 10-21-2020, 09:40 AM
Tony Richey
Stage I
Default TSSM to TSM swap.

Were you able to get your bike running with TSM? I have a custom 2010 Crossbones and dropped my keys in the lake. Being a custom bike I don’t have blinkers or switches to bypass security so I bought a TSM, did the swap, followed the procedure and it started right up. The next day I went to crank it and nothing. The security light comes on and I’m locked out. I can’t even get it to go through the procedure again. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

[TE=BDR2001SOFTAIL;7899624]I just bought a TSM for my 2001 softail and have done the marrying procedure several times but it's not working. The new TSM was installed, the bike attempts to start but then shuts off immediately, I then decided to put back the old one and it starts up and runs but it's running on a high rpm all the time. I have gone thru the process of marrying the new TSM but it's just not working..Has anyone experienced this before? And if so, any ideas of how to go about making the new TSM work?

Also, anyone know why the bike would be running at all times with a high rpm?

I'd appreciate any help and/or suggestions...thanks everyone![/QUOTE]

Old 10-27-2020, 09:33 PM
Zanthamos
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 431 Likes on 360 Posts

Ok, so if you swap a TSSM for a TSM then you need to do the password learn procedure to have the ECM unlearn the password. If you swap a TSSM for another TSSM then you need to do the password learn procedure. If you swap a TSM for a TSM then no password learn procedure necessary. If you swap a TSM for a TSSM then you will need to do a password learn procedure. This is a 30 minute process and is detailed in the stickies of the Electrical/Lighting/Alarm section. https://www.hdforums.com/forum/elect...roceedure.html A dealership can do this much quicker with a Digital Technician.

The following users liked this post:
08xl1200r (03-16-2021)
Old 08-01-2021, 11:00 AM
Danny Ewing
Stage II
Default TSSM security module

If I changed the TSSM module for new how can I start my bike

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Replacing TSSM with TSM to get ride of Security Function