Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Diagnostic on speedo says "no response" from ECM....help

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 04:41 PM
Muddyape
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Diagnostic on speedo says "no response" from ECM....help

So I ditched the control pods for my winter project. The following changes were made;
1) all wiring pulled from bars (switches now mounted on dash)
2) jumped lead on clutch interlock switch because I'm using aftermarket levers
3) no more front brake switch
4) no front blinkers

Bike is a 2007 street bob with security. The TSSM is connected and once I turn the key on lights start to flash and key on speedo goes solid. Even if I get the lights go off the key flashes (security is armed). On/off switch turns fuel pump on and off. I'm getting 12 volts to the start button but won't fire up.....nothing. I did the diagnostic and get "no response" for the ECM and "none" For the speedo and TSSM. Have the fob sitting on the tank with a new battery in it. So it seems the TSSM and ECM aren't recognizing each other. Is there a way to reset either. I did all wiring changes etc. With battery removed for winter and figured I'd be safe. I've been running with no front blinkers for a while and never had a prob. Or threw a code. Jumping the Clutch interlock is just like having the clutch lever pulled so I don't get it. Any suggestions?