Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Replace Factory Key w-KEY FOB Ignition Switch

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2010, 04:58 PM
HDConvertible
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Replace Factory Key w-KEY FOB Ignition Switch

I recently had my Dyna Ignition Switch fail. HD couldn't give me a guarantee that they had improved the factory switch even though they showed it as a newer number. I chose to replace the switch with a Key FOB style remote switch. If anyone wants to do the same you can use my information to accomplish the task. I spent about $52 dollars to have a super reliable system that has higher amperage contacts and two key FOBS. The bike runs better and I don't have to fight with the key when my gloves are on. The link will allow you to go to a document to explain it all.

http://sandjautomotivespecialties.itgo.com/

The following users liked this post:
PhillySoldier (12-20-2018)
Old 09-18-2012, 02:48 PM
tarheelg00s3
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thank you!

I have been looking for a write up like this. I hope all the parts are still available! I did download the instructions and looks pretty simple. Have you had any issues at all with this? I know it's been a couple years since the write up, but thanks again!

Originally Posted by HDConvertible
I recently had my Dyna Ignition Switch fail. HD couldn't give me a guarantee that they had improved the factory switch even though they showed it as a newer number. I chose to replace the switch with a Key FOB style remote switch. If anyone wants to do the same you can use my information to accomplish the task. I spent about $52 dollars to have a super reliable system that has higher amperage contacts and two key FOBS. The bike runs better and I don't have to fight with the key when my gloves are on. The link will allow you to go to a document to explain it all.

http://sandjautomotivespecialties.itgo.com/

Old 09-21-2012, 04:54 PM
tarheelg00s3
Advanced
Default Thank you!

So I just did this on my 98 Dyna FXD and I am VERY IMPRESSED! It is awesome and very inexpensive to do! I have to say that I am in love with this easy and very cool MOD! All my friends are really impressed and love it. Thank you again for posting this and to all you guys out there wondering about it ... I emailed him direct and he replied that after 2 years he has not had 1 issues with his and has not even replaced his battery in his key fob. Still working off the original! If you're like me and hate the ignition location on your dyna super glide do this! It's awesome!

Key Words: Dyna Super Glide key fob

Old 11-12-2012, 04:07 PM
HDConvertible
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I appreciate the Kudos, I posted this for all those frustrated Dyna and Sportsters owners who are tired of having to settle for less when all they want is a good ignition system that works. I have updated my instructions to include a picture of the emergency wire that I suggest to build. I had previously not posted it and after several requests from forum readers it is now added to the instructions. Enjoy and keep the shiny side up.

Old 11-12-2012, 04:20 PM
Hogpro
Former Sponsor
Received 45 Likes on 43 Posts

I'm going to have to download this on a PC as on my mac I can't see the links or pics. I'll definitely be doing this mod on my 2002.

Old 11-13-2012, 09:35 AM
jluvs2ride
Elite HDF Member
Location: Back in the Good Ole USA. South Carolina to be exact.
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

The bike runs better??

Old 01-29-2020, 07:29 AM
FXDBacon
Stage II

Originally Posted by HDConvertible
I appreciate the Kudos, I posted this for all those frustrated Dyna and Sportsters owners who are tired of having to settle for less when all they want is a good ignition system that works. I have updated my instructions to include a picture of the emergency wire that I suggest to build. I had previously not posted it and after several requests from forum readers it is now added to the instructions. Enjoy and keep the shiny side up.
I just tried to find your file and says the link is not supported. Could you by any chance, if you still have the instructions repost in an open Google drive file?

Old 01-29-2020, 09:09 AM
Coverdog
Tourer

Received 156 Likes on 92 Posts

The poster hasn’t been here for 10 years. Maybe you’ll get lucky and someone else can help.

Old 01-29-2020, 01:05 PM
FXDBacon
Stage II

Originally Posted by Coverdog
The poster hasn’t been here for 10 years. Maybe you’ll get lucky and someone else can help.
I can only hope

Old 04-14-2021, 11:32 AM
J.T
3rd Gear
Default Key FOB

Did you end up doing this on your 02?

Originally Posted by Hogpro
I'm going to have to download this on a PC as on my mac I can't see the links or pics. I'll definitely be doing this mod on my 2002.