Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Doc's Performance Tuning

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2010, 11:33 AM
TickTock
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Doc's Performance Tuning

Got my bike back yesterday from Doc. He tuned my 2011 EGC which has Jackpot Dyno tuned mufflers and the Jackpot Headpipes along with an Arlen Ness Big Sucker stage 1 kit. Not a fancy setup, not big cams or engine work - one day I may be interested in that stuff but for now I just want a cooler well running bike.

Anyway, Doc tuned everything from VE tables through timing tables. He didn't skip a step - worked on it for about 3.5 hours. We started at 68 horsepower and 84 pds of torque (with the setup as is pipes and a/c installed - probably even lower with the oem stuff) running a TTS stock map. When he was done my 5th gear runs were 84.7 horsepower and 92 pds of torque and the 6th gear runs were 79 hp and 94.7 pds of tq. Not only that but the fuel line is perfectly straight for both the front and the rear cylinders.

Did 40 miles on the bike yesterday and another 40 miles on it today. Long runs, stopping and starting, cold and hot and the bike runs like a maniac. I have had bikes tuned before with other tuners (sert and PC) and I have never had a bike run as well as this one does. It seamlessly shifts between gears, no hesitation whatsoever and gets up and goes when you crack the throttle. I can't stop smiling at how well it runs.

Anyway, I wanted to pass this along for anyone who thought they might be interested in using Doc's services. he is in Mineola (Clermont), Florida and his number is on the dyno charts I am posting below. I don't do endorsements unless I really believe in the person doing the work and I must say that you will get exactly what you pay for here - a quality tune with no shortcuts. It is well worth the money and worth not getting halfway there wasting your time trying to vtune it.

The other endorsement is the Jackpot Mufflers and Headpipes. The website claims 14 hp and 14 tq and you can see below that those also live up to the hype. I didn't believe it at first - that simply changing pipes and adding a stage 1 air cleaner would give this kind of performance but now I am singing in the choir. Jamie's crew is friendly, knowledgeable and most important of all - accessible. They are a sponsor here so you know where to get their number - highly recommend them.

Attached Thumbnails Doc's Performance Tuning-dyno-5th.jpg   Doc's Performance Tuning-dyno-6th.jpg  

Last edited by TickTock; 11-14-2010 at 11:39 AM.
Old 11-14-2010, 11:41 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 69,949 Likes on 21,312 Posts

Awesome, glad to hear it..
PC-V for me from F/M, rinehart slip-ons, and a Ness Stage 1 A/C.
Bike runs great but died on me a couple of times at a stop light this past weekend.
No idea why really.. no stuttering or rough running that I can remember...prior too the incident.

Old 11-15-2010, 06:47 AM
TickTock
Club Member

You know you may want to check your crank position sensor. Maybe clean it and see if that helps. It's free to try!

Old 11-15-2010, 11:29 AM
jluvs2ride
Elite HDF Member
Location: Back in the Good Ole USA. South Carolina to be exact.
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

What did he tune with? TTS, SESTP?

Old 11-15-2010, 11:35 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

TTS probably, based on 3.5 hours above and my chat with him this morning it takes a lot longer to tune with SESTP

I had the pleasure of having to speak with Doc this morning on the recommendation of another member here for problems I'm having with my own tune. This guy is a book of knowledge and spent 45 minutes of his tuning time this morning talking to me about my tune, tuner, fuel and air ratios, step tuning, VE tables, timing tables, thunder header slipon mods that should be done, etc. He's a great guy and DAMN i wish I lived in FLA so he could fix my tune the RIGHT way.

Last edited by UltraNutZ; 11-15-2010 at 11:40 AM.
Old 11-15-2010, 12:07 PM
TickTock
Club Member

Originally Posted by jluvs2ride
What did he tune with? TTS, SESTP?
He used the TTS.

Old 11-15-2010, 12:13 PM
arealinvestor
Road Master

Originally Posted by TickTock
He used the TTS.
Doc is one of the best in the business at tuning Harley's!!! I run the TTS.It takes a much shorter time to tune with it.According to Doc it's the cadillac of tuners.I'm running 11.2 comp on pump gas with no pings what so ever.The bike will start hot without the compression releases.Oh & I have a stock starter!!!

Last edited by arealinvestor; 11-15-2010 at 01:09 PM.
Old 11-19-2010, 06:04 PM
mtclassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

I wish I had a tuner like Doc in my neck of the woods. Worked on getting him to Montana once to do some training but it did not work out.

Old 11-19-2010, 07:07 PM
Sefferdog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yep, got my TTS from Doc and he set it up and tuned it. Helluva guy!

Old 11-19-2010, 07:24 PM
1931jamesw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

He is certainly in the know and no doubt one of the best. I wish the forums could let him be a member here.

Quick Reply: Doc's Performance Tuning