Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread

Old 04-16-2014, 05:25 PM
1Canuck
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,252 Likes on 1,439 Posts

Originally Posted by paud
I have not run my Super Tuner for a few months. I started the program today and it said update available. So I update.
After I look closely at the Calibration Description. And it has "Stage 1". I am making an educated guess that this is the same stage 1 download one can get from the dealer.
surprise. my dealer dyno tech told me that 3 years ago when I asked to get the stage 1 flash so I could tweak it with my new SEPST. He told me then that the stage 1 dealer flash is what comes included with the SEPST software (plus stage II +)

I have not had time to look at the maps on the street tuner to see how they compare. I am guessing the street tuner files may be stock tune with the ability to tweak the VE. IMO

Old 04-16-2014, 07:21 PM
paud
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 1Canuck
surprise. my dealer dyno tech told me that 3 years ago when I asked to get the stage 1 flash so I could tweak it with my new SEPST. He told me then that the stage 1 dealer flash is what comes included with the SEPST software (plus stage II +)

I have not had time to look at the maps on the street tuner to see how they compare. I am guessing the street tuner files may be stock tune with the ability to tweak the VE. IMO
I have never seen any map labeled "Stage I" before.

Old 04-16-2014, 11:14 PM
1Canuck
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by paud
I have never seen any map labeled "Stage I" before.
agree, not sure when that started. are you still using an 009 file, notice the 1580 one is gone 009FY002 I think

Old 04-18-2014, 05:08 PM
paud
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have a Road Glide, and this is the map File Name: 044AAO003

Old 04-18-2014, 06:28 PM
1Canuck
Ultimate HDF Member

I have now used the "my tune" software and find it very useful. It will use the same data logs the SEPST uses in smartune to create new VE. The plus benefit is that it will populate cells that SEPST does not, and it does blending too so there are no spikes.
I ran the same data log, same starting VE's and the results were within 3%.
For $30 well worth it if you like to tweak your tunes.

Old 04-18-2014, 07:04 PM
Fxdb13
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no communication

I am struggling! I have installed the 2014 online software, uninstalled and then tried again, but the software won't recognize the bike. The computer detects the bike when I turn it on by making a sound, but the software does not see it ??? All of the software appears to be loaded correctly. Any suggestions SEPRO SuperTuner. Thanks

Old 04-18-2014, 07:14 PM
1Canuck
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Fxdb13
I am struggling! I have installed the 2014 online software, uninstalled and then tried again, but the software won't recognize the bike. The computer detects the bike when I turn it on by making a sound, but the software does not see it ??? All of the software appears to be loaded correctly. Any suggestions SEPRO SuperTuner. Thanks
did you run updates? The latest is 74.
Is this a brand new VCI or off another bike. If used then it will do as you describe.
also do you have the right map opened for the bike, another reason it would not recognize.
did you make changes and have not saved, and sometimes even when no changes made hitting the save will connect.

Old 04-18-2014, 07:24 PM
Fxdb13
2nd Gear

did you run updates? The latest is 74.
Is this a brand new VCI or off another bike. If used then it will do as you describe.
also do you have the right map opened for the bike, another reason it would not recognize.
did you make changes and have not saved, and sometimes even when no changes made hitting the save will connect.
Yes I loaded the latest 74, the VCI is mine and the only bike it has been on is mine, but the computer is new. I cant even open the old map because it does not see the bike at all. The bike icon in the lower left corner stays red. The bike icon on top stays crossed out.

Old 04-18-2014, 07:37 PM
1Canuck
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Fxdb13
Yes I loaded the latest 74, the VCI is mine and the only bike it has been on is mine, but the computer is new. I cant even open the old map because it does not see the bike at all. The bike icon in the lower left corner stays red. The bike icon on top stays crossed out.
when you say you cannot open the old map, from a saved copy, or are you trying to get it from the VCI?

If you do not have a saved copy open the original map and see if that lites up the bike icon, if it does then load the map from VCI and save (again if you do not have it saved)

Old 04-18-2014, 07:47 PM
Fxdb13
2nd Gear

when you say you cannot open the old map, from a saved copy, or are you trying to get it from the VCI?

If you do not have a saved copy open the original map and see if that lites up the bike icon, if it does then load the map from VCI and save (again if you do not have it saved)

When I say software isn't communicating with the bike I mean except for the ding that the computer makes that it detects a device, the software does not recognize anything is plugged in or trying to communicate with the software.

I did learn to take out my light fuse before doing it, because it killed my battery...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread