Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2014, 08:42 PM
1Canuck
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,252 Likes on 1,439 Posts

Originally Posted by Fxdb13
When I say software isn't communicating with the bike I mean except for the ding that the computer makes that it detects a device, the software does not recognize anything is plugged in or trying to communicate with the software.

I did learn to take out my light fuse before doing it, because it killed my battery...
I expect you have used this before. you have not yet said whether you were able to open a saved "on the computer map", or the original from the computer map. The VCI does not need to be hooked up to do that.

does the red light on the VCI blink when you turn on the ignition? never mind you said the computer makes a sound so the VCI is recognized by computer.

If you can open a map, the VCI is recognized, then you have computer glitch I cannot explain.

Old 04-19-2014, 12:18 AM
Fxdb13
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1Canuck
I expect you have used this before. you have not yet said whether you were able to open a saved "on the computer map", or the original from the computer map. The VCI does not need to be hooked up to do that.

does the red light on the VCI blink when you turn on the ignition? never mind you said the computer makes a sound so the VCI is recognized by computer.

If you can open a map, the VCI is recognized, then you have computer glitch I cannot explain.
yeah maybe its the new computer, Ill try somemore tomarrow thanks for the correspondence

Old 04-19-2014, 08:17 AM
Yardstick
Road Captain
Received 42 Likes on 29 Posts

FXDB13 -

Sounds like your usb drivers need updating. Go to your device manager and see if you can see the bike/vci. If so, delete it and reboot the computer with everything hooked up. If not, then I would delete all the software and reload.

Old 04-20-2014, 03:44 AM
jty
Advanced

yeah maybe its the new computer, Ill try somemore tomarrow thanks for the correspondence
And to state the obvious, you do have the bike kill switch in the "run" position, right?

Old 04-20-2014, 08:17 AM
ricaroo
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default software

My software will not update... I deleted it and reloaded, it still won't update The message I get is can't connect anyone else have this problem? I have version 4.000.0006

Thaks

Old 04-20-2014, 09:08 AM
jimclaypool
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ricaroo
My software will not update... I deleted it and reloaded, it still won't update The message I get is can't connect anyone else have this problem? I have version 4.000.0006

Thaks
For the Super Tuner go to this site and download your new software & updates:
http://prosupertuner.harley-davidson.com/

For the Street Tuner go to this site and download your new software & updates:
http://streetperformancetuner.harley-davidson.com/

Old 04-21-2014, 09:18 AM
Fxdb13
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by Yardstick
FXDB13 -

Sounds like your usb drivers need updating. Go to your device manager and see if you can see the bike/vci. If so, delete it and reboot the computer with everything hooked up. If not, then I would delete all the software and reload.
Yeah the device manager will not recognize the bike either

Old 04-21-2014, 12:14 PM
1Canuck
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,252 Likes on 1,439 Posts

Originally Posted by jimclaypool
For the Super Tuner go to this site and download your new software & updates:
http://prosupertuner.harley-davidson.com/

For the Street Tuner go to this site and download your new software & updates:
http://streetperformancetuner.harley-davidson.com/
pre 2014 software is no longer supported, so you need to download the above and then it will ask to update the VCI. The saved files will then work and those with 2014 bikes have a new set of tunes to choose from. some 009 maps have been discontinued (there may be others) with the update in favor of 044 maps.

Old 04-22-2014, 12:20 AM
Oz Nightrain
Road Captain
Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts

Thanks, 1Canuck, for the link to this thread! I just wish I'd found it earlier and saved us both some time and effort!! I don't know how I missed it. Its answered so many of my questions, plus plenty of other tips and tricks that I didn't even know I wanted to know!!

I've now returned spark timing to original, raised clb across the board and adjusted afr table so I'm not running closed loop down low. Which is where I was having the problems, richened it up a fair bit and now it has much better manners at slower speeds.

I still don't think the bike has reached its full potential yet, but it is so much better!! And now I have a much better idea of what I have to look at!!

Thanks Very Much, Matt.

Old 04-27-2014, 08:35 AM
Yardstick
Road Captain
Received 42 Likes on 29 Posts

Yeah the device manager will not recognize the bike either
Then I would remove the software and download it again and go through the procedure to marry the bike to the VCI.

The drivers did not load properly and can't recognize the VCI.

Quick Reply: SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread