Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2014, 10:16 AM
1Canuck
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,252 Likes on 1,439 Posts

Originally Posted by jluvs2ride
I'm not sure I understand your point.

For Smart Tuning almost all the cells in the AFR table are set to the lean, closed loop value of 14.6. Timing is pulled to prevent the potentially damaging combination of high timing and a lean mixture during the Smart Tune Session.

When you apply the Smart Tune changes to the base table and upload the now modified base table, the timing reverts to the original values in the base table. Right?

Right you are.
a lot of maps I have seen have operating areas at or near 14.6 in AFR before the smartune function. when the open loop areas are changed to 14.6 for smart tuning it makes sense to pull timing to avoid detonation in those cells. It does not make sense to pull timing in cells where the AFR was already 14.6 in the stock form and already running with a certain timing advance before smartune.
why pull 4 degrees in smartune mode in those cells where AFR is the same before and during smartune mode? Is there a reason or was it easier to pull 4* across the board.

Old 10-26-2014, 08:06 AM
jluvs2ride
Elite HDF Member
Location: Back in the Good Ole USA. South Carolina to be exact.
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 1Canuck
Right you are.
a lot of maps I have seen have operating areas at or near 14.6 in AFR before the smartune function. when the open loop areas are changed to 14.6 for smart tuning it makes sense to pull timing to avoid detonation in those cells. It does not make sense to pull timing in cells where the AFR was already 14.6 in the stock form and already running with a certain timing advance before smartune.
why pull 4 degrees in smartune mode in those cells where AFR is the same before and during smartune mode? Is there a reason or was it easier to pull 4* across the board.
OK, I see your point. Certainly for a computer it is easy enough for a few lines of code to make the program smart enough to be selective about timing based on the base AFR. I have no idea, but I wonder if the timing change has any effect on the Smart Tune results, which would be the real issue.

Old 11-13-2014, 05:50 PM
TMike
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have some trouble understanding my smarttune results and would really appreciate some advise.
With TTS it seems like you need to dialed in everything above 80 kpa separately but my SEPST just seems to fill almost all VE's up to 100 % tp. And I see most of my 15-30 % tp being over 80 kpa.

So I started watching those O2 Sensor Volts for a while and if I stick to my smarttune VE's at WOT
then the front cylinder reads as high as 1,22 Volts and the rear cylinder as low as 0,82 for AFR 12.8.
AFR 13.2 for most 90 kpa areas read like 0,92 - 0,94 Volts front and 0,88 – 0,90 Volts rear.

So my questions are:
1. should I trust those smarttune VE's at WOT or what am I missing?
2. As the front Volt reading seams to climb at WOT (it does the same at steady rpms), is that possibly from airstream cooling the sensor?
3. is the rear O2 sensor always reading like 40 mV less than the front sensor for 2012 Softails?

O2 Volts at 3500rpm WOT

O2 Volts at 4300rpm WOT

Last edited by TMike; 11-14-2014 at 04:42 AM. Reason: resizing
Old 11-19-2014, 01:37 AM
dforeid
Road Captain
Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts
Default PDF User Guide

Guys,

I have the pro tuner and have been using it some for tweaks. I bought the cables from HD and downloaded the software for free on the HD link. What I don't have is the user manual/guide. Does anyone have a PDF version of this manual you guys are referencing?

Thanks in advance,

Don

Old 11-19-2014, 01:41 AM
Foxster
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by dforeid
Guys,

I have the pro tuner and have been using it some for tweaks. I bought the cables from HD and downloaded the software for free on the HD link. What I don't have is the user manual/guide. Does anyone have a PDF version of this manual you guys are referencing?

Thanks in advance,

Don
It should have been installed when you installed the software.

Old 11-29-2014, 04:33 PM
Steel Wheels
Road Master
Received 296 Likes on 167 Posts

Hi gang. I've done a bit of searching but haven't found anything on this thread that addresses what's happening with mine.

Just bought a '12 FLSTN and SEPST, and when I enable smart tune my PC will download the data run. Problem is the window closes immediately without asking for a file name. In the tuning window, when I click "add new", the "From VCI" box is empty.

I can tune manually by just changing values, but that ain't why I bought this thing. I'm going to try deleting and reinstalling pretty quick 'cause I'm losing my patience...

Anybody ran into this?

Old 11-29-2014, 06:03 PM
Oz Nightrain
Road Captain
Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts

It's been a while since I've done any smart tuning but I think from memory once it's downloaded its taken from the VCI and saved to your computer. I don't think I ever got to pick a file name either but found my data recordings in C:/ProgramData/SuperTuner/Delphi/Recordings , hopefully this helps

Old 11-29-2014, 06:34 PM
Oz Nightrain
Road Captain
Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts

Could also probably check for a software update

Old 12-06-2014, 02:25 AM
catack
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi guys, just a quick question

I have a 2012 fatboy, with a SE filter and V&H exhurst

I also have the SE super tuner, don't I don't which tune would suit my bike best, I have tried (357SDQ001), but it pops a lot... not sure if I should try the next one 358SDS003 because I don't have cams...

I read on here on page 87, that they should try that tune, im worried I might hurt the bike, can someone please help...

Im very new to Bikes and Harleys

thanks in advance

Attached Thumbnails SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread-bike.jpg  
Old 12-06-2014, 05:00 AM
Steel Wheels
Road Master
Received 296 Likes on 167 Posts

Found em. Had to go up in the files, click on Delphi then click on Recordings. Jeez. HD really oughtta check this crap out before unleashing it on an unsuspecting public.

Dealer tech has the same issue...

Thanks for the help Oz!

Quick Reply: SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread