Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2014, 05:47 PM
bobclark101
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SEProTuner need map 103, 204 cams

Hi all, haven't been on in awhile. I have a 2011 FLHTK Altra Classic Limited.
Just had the motor completely rebuilt from the bottom up.
I am trying to find a new map that is close to what I have as the instructions say. Want to use the Smart Tune but Can't find a 204 cam map listed.
2011 Altra Classic Limited
SE Intake
SE Exhaust
204 cams.
All other stock
Thanks Bob C

Old 12-06-2014, 05:50 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by bobclark101
Hi all, haven't been on in awhile. I have a 2011 FLHTK Altra Classic Limited.
Just had the motor completely rebuilt from the bottom up.
I am trying to find a new map that is close to what I have as the instructions say. Want to use the Smart Tune but Can't find a 204 cam map listed.
2011 Altra Classic Limited
SE Intake
SE Exhaust
204 cams.
All other stock
Thanks Bob C
**EDIT**
sorry was thinking TTS.

start with 44AAR001
increase your cubic inches by 5% in the map settings
then smart tune.

Old 12-18-2014, 12:45 PM
evhid1
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Can the SE Pro tuner adjust the timing tables too?

Long story short, moved from one state to another and before the move changed header pipe and mufflers back to stock. I had the TTS tuner and a map from when I had the open exhaust but took the TTS map off and put the SE II map on. After the bike sat for a long time, I took it to the local dealer and had them service it and put the FullSac DX header pipe and CVO cans with 2.25" cores and then DYNO it. Got a lot of low end tq and a little decal popping but not bad. The 2.25's are too loud for me and so I will change out to the 1.75's later. I was going to take my TTS tuner to them to tune the bike and it figured, somewhere in the move I lost that sob. Ended up buying the SE Pro tuner so I could get my bike back sooner rather than wait on another TTS. I thought they both were about the same.

Now I have been doing a ton of reading on this site and I'm hoping the SE Pro lets me change the timing tables or it does it automatically when I adjust the VE tables. Not sure if this is the case, I am by no means any tech or tuner. This will be my first try when I change to the 1.75 cores. FullSac said going down to the 1.75's won't change the DYNO tune that much.

For info I have a 2012 FLHTK 103 SE ventilator A/C, stock cams, FullSac DX pipe, CVO cans with FullSac 2.25 cores and after the tune I ended up with 80.45HP and 98.16TQ. The TQ comes on a 1700 RPM and climbs to 4000 RPM where it starts to tail off to about 75 lbs at 5500 RPM. I think I can pull stumps with it Anyway right now just looking at quieting it down some and will eventually put a cam in that pushes the TQ up more towards mid range.

To repeat, my main question is " will the SE Pro let me change the timing tables ". All the reading about the different tuners I am a little confused on this issue. Thanks in advance for any and all info.

Last edited by evhid1; 12-18-2014 at 12:47 PM.
Old 12-18-2014, 02:55 PM
1Canuck
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,252 Likes on 1,439 Posts

yes the pro will let you change timing, however the SE street will not.
even now if you load the software you can find the right map and without hooking to the bike look around and get familiar.

Old 12-18-2014, 03:33 PM
evhid1
Cruiser

Originally Posted by 1Canuck
yes the pro will let you change timing, however the SE street will not.
even now if you load the software you can find the right map and without hooking to the bike look around and get familiar.
Thanks for the info, I have been playing with the software ( not hooked up to bike ) and reading the DYNO map compared to the available SE Pro maps. Do you know if while doing a " street tune " the SE Pro shows changes in the VE tables and the Timing tables too?

Old 12-18-2014, 03:46 PM
1Canuck
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,252 Likes on 1,439 Posts

Originally Posted by evhid1
Thanks for the info, I have been playing with the software ( not hooked up to bike ) and reading the DYNO map compared to the available SE Pro maps. Do you know if while doing a " street tune " the SE Pro shows changes in the VE tables and the Timing tables too?
Timing is not changed by street tuning, it is done manually. Having said that an observant person will notice that when the smartune map is flashed to the bike the timing is retarded 4* for the purposes of collecting data. once a corrected map is flashed normally the timing reverts to where it was. as for VE you will see the recommended changes with the software and you manually choose to update and then flash the updated map.
over and over until you have reached the magic less than 5% change of VE. Only then should you consider playing with timing, and when you do change timing, start over with smartune runs to see where VE may have changed.

Old 12-18-2014, 04:25 PM
evhid1
Cruiser

Originally Posted by 1Canuck
Timing is not changed by street tuning, it is done manually. Having said that an observant person will notice that when the smartune map is flashed to the bike the timing is retarded 4* for the purposes of collecting data. once a corrected map is flashed normally the timing reverts to where it was. as for VE you will see the recommended changes with the software and you manually choose to update and then flash the updated map.
over and over until you have reached the magic less than 5% change of VE. Only then should you consider playing with timing, and when you do change timing, start over with smartune runs to see where VE may have changed.

Thanks again for more info. I was hoping the SE Pro tuner would recommend timing changes as well as VE changes. I think if anything I will make the recommended VE changes and leave the timing alone. If I have an issue I will post it and go from there. Good info thanks again.

Old 12-24-2014, 10:47 PM
Steel Wheels
Road Master
Received 296 Likes on 167 Posts

I'm looking for advice on a base map for my '12 Softail w/the 103. Running Rinehart 2/1, Stealth a/c, and Andrews 57H cams. Is the 259E about as close as I can get?

Hoping someone is already running this combo, maybe save me some headaches.

Thanks!

Old 01-07-2015, 05:07 PM
evhid1
Cruiser
Default SE Pro Tuner Question

I'm using the SEPRT to change the Decel Enleanment table. I " believe " the reflash went ok but how do pull the VCI data from the ECM into the program so I can look at the table and see if it took the flash? Thanks in advance for any help.

Last edited by evhid1; 01-07-2015 at 05:13 PM.
Old 01-08-2015, 07:35 AM
mechanicalman
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by evhid1
I'm using the SEPRT to change the Decel Enleanment table. I " believe " the reflash went ok but how do pull the VCI data from the ECM into the program so I can look at the table and see if it took the flash? Thanks in advance for any help.
When you open the program and select tuning you get one tab that loads stored maps and one tab selects VCI, pick VCI and it will download the map in the VCI. You can save, modify or just view it.

Quick Reply: SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread