Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2015, 07:52 AM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 216 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by heckfrozeover
Trying to set baseline before starting Smart Tune.

I pulled the file from my VCI, and in Tuning Setup (Working) it's set for 107.3 CID. (Stage 1 file 044AAO003, original setting is 103.3).

Any ideas why a dealer would set it like that, and how that affects tune if the engine is actually 103?

More information about the bike, in case it's needed:
2012 SG, 103 with performance air cleaner and V&H Monster Rounds. Bike was purchased at just over a year old, with 300 miles on it (personal sale). It's got a few thousand now, with no issues that I'm aware of. Runs and rides fine, no hesitation or decel popping.

I called the dealership where the bike was purchased, but they didn't have specific records. Purchase invoice shows all the parts but no dyno tune, so assuming this was a somewhat generic flash.
If the tuner ran out of adjustment on the VE tables he would raise the C.I.D. to allow more room to adjust. Take a look at your VE tables both front and rear and see if there are any cells up around 120. If there are then that's your answer. It's not uncommon to have to do this.

Old 01-20-2015, 01:40 PM
heckfrozeover
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by harleytuner
If the tuner ran out of adjustment on the VE tables he would raise the C.I.D. to allow more room to adjust. Take a look at your VE tables both front and rear and see if there are any cells up around 120. If there are then that's your answer. It's not uncommon to have to do this.
Thanks harleytuner, that make sense. In this case, though, the VEs range from 71 to 96, and the table lets me raise any of them to 127.5. So, lots of room to adjust upward if needed.

Last edited by heckfrozeover; 01-20-2015 at 02:08 PM.
Old 01-20-2015, 02:07 PM
heckfrozeover
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Peg20, thank you for your reply. See below.

Originally Posted by peg20
I'm guessing that they discovered that making this changed caused a blanket enrichment (somewhat like having xieds) and cured some problem or other that a customer or two had, without really understanding the consequences.
I'm thinking the same, based on the screwy Air-Fuel Ratios (see attached pic)

If I were you, I'd ignore the tune on the bike, and start from scratch -- open one of the canned tunes by using the filters to match your hardware as close as possible. Then start Smart Tuning from there.
I think that's my plan. This actually is that canned tune, with only the 3 mods mentioned.

Upping the cylinder size will have an immediate effect of adding more fuel (as it thinks that there is more air) but the O2 sensors will work against it, building up an AFV that will counteract the cylinder size increase.
The Air-Fuel Ratios were lowered out of closed loop mode (see pic), so I don't believe the O2 sensors are able to correct anything.

you can get reversion, especially on very short or open pipes
I have a stock (with cat) headpipe and V&H slip-ons, so I'm hoping reversion is a non-issue.

deviating from the actual engine size could have unknown side-effects.
That's my concern.

I've been getting about 40mpg, and the plugs looked fine when I changed them during the 1k service. So, not a train wreck, but definitely room for improvement (look at the 85 column in the pic - it's leaned out all the way for some reason!).

Attached Thumbnails SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread-afr.jpg  
Old 01-20-2015, 03:59 PM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 216 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by heckfrozeover
Thanks harleytuner, that make sense. In this case, though, the VEs range from 71 to 96, and the table lets me raise any of them to 127.5. So, lots of room to adjust upward if needed.
Then I would assume that they just raised the CID to add fuel globally to the whole MAP. Any way you can e-mail me your MAP, i'll look at it and see what all they did to it? PM me your e-mail if interested.

Old 02-02-2015, 03:57 PM
HighLiner
Road Warrior
Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

I haven't read thru this whole thread since there is 299 pages but I have a quick question. Is the SEPST capable of being adjusted for a primary gearing change?

Old 02-08-2015, 05:11 AM
Oz Nightrain
Road Captain
Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts

Do not install the modified calibrations on any model other than those specified in this User’s Manual. Doing so may result in poor engine performance, electrical-system damage, and/or engine damage.

I found this in the warnings and disclaimers as I was looking through the updated software. I currently run a map for a later model bike so I can smart tune and run some closed loop. Does anyone know if this is actually a problem, or have they just put that in to cover themselves?

Thanks, Matt.

Old 02-08-2015, 07:22 PM
Oz Nightrain
Road Captain

Surely I'm not the only one who runs a map that wasn't specifically 'intended' for their bike?

Sent from my iPhone using IB AutoGroup

Old 02-13-2015, 04:05 PM
Hilly13
Cruiser
Received 49 Likes on 37 Posts

Matt if you are running a 176 level cal and you have 02 sensors your ok

Old 02-14-2015, 04:56 AM
Oz Nightrain
Road Captain

Thanks Hilly. I had a think about it after posting, there would be countless people who have retro fitted O2's and would obviously need a different map. Thanks mate 🍻

Sent from my iPhone using IB AutoGroup

Old 03-01-2015, 11:56 AM
96CubicPair
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SEPST Download

Awesome thread,
I have a 2009 SE Pro Super Tuner (32109-08A) installed by dealer in '2010. Haven't had the need to do updates or tuning. I've installed 2 into 1 exhaust. Time to update & Tune. Problem is; The H-D down load wont accept my VIC # so no down load.
Where can I get the software download ?
Thanks for the help.

Quick Reply: SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread