Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2015, 12:34 AM
paulycoppola5
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey guys,

sorry been a few weeks haven't been able to get on here and throw in an update to my situation from spitzies Harley Davidson.
I went back and explained my frustrations and brought my laptop to show the service manager exactly what I was talking about.

Luckily, the tech who worked on my bike happened to be standing at the desk when I walked up. The service manager looks at the tech and says "mike what did you do to that breakout exactly?"

Mike replies with .... "uh idk greg I updated his tuner, it said the latest and greatest stage 1 was available so I threw it in."

Greg replied (very sarcastically) with... "is that what the service order said? do you ever do what you're supposed to?"

mike walked away from the desk like a scolded puppy.

needless to say greg the service manager was a bit upset, or at least acted that way to appease me. he agreed that we discussed a full dyno tune and that the original 2 or 2.5 hours of labor was what should have been spent on the bike, even showed me his service order he sent with the bike to the tech. He immediately refunded all $92 of my money, and told me he apologized for all the troubles and for his tech's stupidity, then gave me an in house $20 credit towards the service of my choice.

At this point I am fine with it all. The service manager totally made good on the screw up and kept a customer for that. Since this fiasco ive only had the opportunity to ride 3 times. I am loving the new bike it runs great even on the stage 1. plugs almost have a brown tint to them and just a bit of popping on decel, i'll do a little smart tuning and she'll be perfect. But I am having a bit of a change of heart. I think I may list it for sale locally and I have something else in sight i'd like to buy. so i'll ride it until she sells.

Last edited by paulycoppola5; 04-21-2015 at 12:39 AM.
The following users liked this post:
the jacobite (10-17-2016)
Old 04-29-2015, 03:19 PM
joenash
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sepst

Has any one downloaded the software and clicked on update and not been able to? it say i am not connected to the internet.

Old 04-30-2015, 12:41 PM
joenash
Cruiser

Originally Posted by joenash
Has any one downloaded the software and clicked on update and not been able to? it say i am not connected to the internet.

Must have been something with windows, Is any one else using windows 8 ?

I deleted the program and did a system restore, man I hate doing that but everything seems to work now.

Old 04-30-2015, 12:50 PM
joenash
Cruiser
Default Data

I Have a question if some one knows, I have read the post but their are just sooo many post here and may have missed it.

When you have the program open, and are looking at the AFR, it says AFR Desired , well wouldn't you want to know the ACTUAL, AFR ?
And is that the AFR That you are asking the ECM to try to use or produce?
For my lack of a better description?

Thanks for your help.

Old 05-02-2015, 02:29 PM
Boosted Bob
Stage III
Default question concerning adding O2's to 05 RoadKing

I've read this thread from the first page to the last and found there to be some extremely knowledgable guys on here. I even found many posts ago something that really got my interest. Read a post that said I could add O2 sensors to my 05 RoadKing. After looking for more info and finding it in the TTS manual I broke down and ordered all the parts. I've been messing with the tune since I bought the bike and it had some serious popping in the exhaust on decel.

A little background on the bike. I bought this (my first Harley) from a coworker who had it sitting in her garage since her husband passed away back in 2011. The bike sat until I bought it March 2014. The miles on it were 6200 and right before he died he had new tires installed, a fairing added, stereo in the faring, dyno tune and V&H double slash slip ons added as well as a stage 1 AC. I added V&H true dresser dual head pipes so I could install a wide band O2 to try and tune out the obvious issues this bike had. After several different tunes it has come around and now doesn't pop hardly at all.

Now on to my questions
After I install and wire in the O2 sensors I will pick out the tune closest to my bike but it looks to be one for 96" motor. Should I adjust the cubic inches to 88 and adjust the VE as well? Also should I adjust the injector info to match what is in my current tune? Can I carry over some of the changes I've already made to my current tune? I know I'm going to be busy with Smart Tune for a while but want to get it pretty close since I ride this to work every day.

Thanks for the great thread guys.
I have the latest software installed so been messing with it for a while now.

Last edited by Boosted Bob; 05-02-2015 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Added comment on latest software.
Old 05-07-2015, 11:22 AM
Boost
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Boosted Bob
Now on to my questions
After I install and wire in the O2 sensors I will pick out the tune closest to my bike but it looks to be one for 96" motor. Should I adjust the cubic inches to 88 and adjust the VE as well? Also should I adjust the injector info to match what is in my current tune? Can I carry over some of the changes I've already made to my current tune? I know I'm going to be busy with Smart Tune for a while but want to get it pretty close since I ride this to work every day.
I would not a 96 ci tune for a 88. The two engines have different strokes. Longer strokes require more timing advance because of the higher piston speed. An 88 or 95 ci base map would be a better start ing point.

Old 05-11-2015, 11:59 AM
coyote1000
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Smart tune issue

I did a smart tune run on my bike and followed all of the instructions on the how to instructions that are commonly referred to. All went well and once I figured out where to locate the file in my computer (that was a pain), I generated a map for the front cylinder and updated it. As per the instructions I attempted to do the same to the rear cylinder and I could not get it to generate the map for the rear cylinder. I tried many times but nothing would generate. I am wondering if I did something wrong or if no data was saved for that cylinder. There was only one file found for the data run is this right?

I have a 2010 street glide with 96" , v&h power duels, monster rounds, performance machine air filter, Sepst. A have a map on it that a member graciously made for me and I am only getting about 30 mpg combined city highway riding. Will the smart tunes help out with improving the mileage. On the cylinder that generated the map I got a pretty good coverage of cells in the cruise range and they were lower than the map by as much as 18%.

Anyways any info would be appreciated.

Old 05-11-2015, 07:54 PM
1Canuck
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,252 Likes on 1,439 Posts

Originally Posted by coyote1000
I did a smart tune run on my bike and followed all of the instructions on the how to instructions that are commonly referred to. All went well and once I figured out where to locate the file in my computer (that was a pain), I generated a map for the front cylinder and updated it. As per the instructions I attempted to do the same to the rear cylinder and I could not get it to generate the map for the rear cylinder. I tried many times but nothing would generate. I am wondering if I did something wrong or if no data was saved for that cylinder. There was only one file found for the data run is this right?

I have a 2010 street glide with 96" , v&h power duels, monster rounds, performance machine air filter, Sepst. A have a map on it that a member graciously made for me and I am only getting about 30 mpg combined city highway riding. Will the smart tunes help out with improving the mileage. On the cylinder that generated the map I got a pretty good coverage of cells in the cruise range and they were lower than the map by as much as 18%.

Anyways any info would be appreciated.
did you generate the front and rear one after the other? both should be there. you did not mention the 48 cam. was it ke5rb that made the map for you? How many KM can you go with a full tank?

Old 05-12-2015, 07:28 AM
coyote1000
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I did attempt to generate the rear cylinder right after the front one. I am getting 150 miles or 240 km and my fuel light comes on. Used 5 U.S. Gallons for 150 miles. Ke5rbd did the map for me. And yes I forgot to mention 48h cam Thanks, Jeff

Old 05-12-2015, 02:55 PM
joenash
Cruiser
Default Screaming Eagle Pro Super Tuner

Question for anyone. Is anyone using windows 8 ? if so are you having any problems? With the SEPST program ?

Quick Reply: SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread