Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2015, 09:18 AM
Spokane
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I forgot to mention significantly bumping the Warm Up Enrichment corrected the lean cough issue. The local Harley performance shop that did my cams had recommended the ThunderMax - so I didn't totally bail on addressing the SE Super Tuner issue - but had finally decided I wanted my bike to run as good as possible so made the investment.

One ThunderMax drawback was that they use 18mm O2 sensors and HD switched from 18mm to 12mm O2 sensors in 2012 - and of course I've got a 2012 with VH pipes. I had to plug the stock O2 sensor holes and drill and weld in new sensor bungs.

If I had continued refining the SE Super Tuner (specifically if I had access to a Dyno) - I think I could have gotten pretty near perfect as well.

Old 06-30-2015, 01:11 PM
98acrsilver
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

why do the sert basemaps run so rich in some spots. i got my 14 dyna running bout goood now except went to drag race my dad yesterday and some spots it feels like it falls on its face like wide open hardcore dragrace. so i pull up the basemap i was using and looks in those cells at 100+kpa and 4500rpm + they have it all the way down to 12.0 AFR. isnt that on the pig rich side? shouldnt that be up to 12.2-4

Old 06-30-2015, 10:51 PM
96CubicPair
Intermediate
Default Cranking fuel adjustment or....

1st a quick THANK YOU for the SEPST thread. Helped more then you'll know.
I've read hundreds of pages but cant find info on the "hot start" knocking and "Cranking" fuel adjustment. I've done the smart tune and it worked perfectly along with my own adjustments, except for the cranking fuel. Will someone direct me to the proper adjustment or the pages in the thread to find it?
Thanks

Old 07-01-2015, 09:40 AM
98acrsilver
Cruiser

hot start is is under warm up enrichment then you go by temperatures. and cranking is listed right as cranking on the left side cant miss it

Old 07-01-2015, 05:20 PM
Jdharley78
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I'm not understanding this whole tuning thing

When I bought my bike ultra limited 2014 it came with the stage one and the SEPro and the scremin eagle air breather and v&h power dual headers and v&h slip on exhaust. The dealer installed everything and even put it on the dyno and programmed my bike. For some reason I'm getting crap for hp and fuel mileage. When I let off the gas I do get a lot of popping. I don't know where to find just another basic map.

Old 07-02-2015, 07:46 AM
Sam D.
Road Master
Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts

You'll have to Download the SE Software to a laptop...
Sounds like you'll also need the cables to hook up your SEPST to the laptop.

http://prosupertuner.harley-davidson...uperTuner.aspx

There you will find a Base Map for your Bike,,,, but you may want to get with HDF member ke5rbd,,,, he fixed me up with a great Map,,, didn't have to do anything to it, bike gets 44 mpg and has plenty haul ***.

Old 07-03-2015, 08:46 AM
Jdharley78
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Thank you

Originally Posted by Sam D.
You'll have to Download the SE Software to a laptop...
Sounds like you'll also need the cables to hook up your SEPST to the laptop.

http://prosupertuner.harley-davidson...uperTuner.aspx

There you will find a Base Map for your Bike,,,, but you may want to get with HDF member ke5rbd,,,, he fixed me up with a great Map,,, didn't have to do anything to it, bike gets 44 mpg and has plenty haul ***.

I have all that and a base map now. I'm not impressed with the map that the system give me. I will look this other member up. Thanks

Old 07-05-2015, 07:13 PM
Gater
Advanced
Default Software

Originally Posted by jluvs2ride
You'll need the software and cables.
This software you are talking about, is this the software that was downloaded on line? Or is their something I need to purchase?

Old 07-07-2015, 07:55 AM
jackafrica
Tourer
Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

The online download software.
The MoCo no longer has a CD software issued with the unit.

There are two different cables, dependent on your year model.

Old 07-09-2015, 08:27 AM
KingSeal
4th Gear

Awesome Info here anybody that owns a Super Tuner should be given the link to this post !!!! Im only on page 60 but Ill have went thru all 300 pages in next couple days !!!

Quick Reply: SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread