Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread

Old 07-26-2015, 06:14 PM
SSmike1
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 SEPRT maps?

Can i buy maps for my bike?

I have a 2014 Limited with SAMSON strait pipes on it.
i bought the SEPRT, and loaded the Stage 1 map with SE exhaust & SE air.
Then i did 5 Runs with VCi recording, and bike runs ok,
except at slow speeds, about 30MPH, the Bike surges.
it surges at 25mph through 35mph, while i am at 5% throttle or less.

how do i fix that?
thx
mike

Old 07-26-2015, 06:33 PM
96CubicPair
Intermediate
Default update

Russ,
I thought you were talking about the Update when you open up the program on the computer.
Its quite a system huh ?

Old 07-27-2015, 10:00 AM
96CubicPair
Intermediate
Default VE Tables

On average how close are the front and rear cylinder VE tables on 96B engines? After a smart tune mine are quite different.

Old 07-27-2015, 11:29 AM
Russ LaRose
Novice
Default ACR enabling

I have finally figured out how this system works, which is not well covered in the tutorials. The VCI update does indeed erase all on the VCI, but when the VCI is connected to the bike and computer, the first thing that happens is the existing ECM map and calibration in the bike is downloaded and stored into the VCI, so nothing is lost. Then one can play with any modifications one wishes or record any test rides and review them and either apply them to modify the existing calibrations or not as one decides. On my bike all I wanted to do is enable the ACR, which was shown as DISABLED when I opened the existing calibration data. In the left pane I clicked the + before Tuning Setup, then double clicked Working in the list below Tuning Setup, which opened the setup window in the right pane, then clicked the ACR tab which opened up the choice to enable or disable the ACR. After clicking ACR Enable, then in the lower left window where the description of the Calibration is displayed, I changed DISABLED to ENABLED, then clicked the Save tab at the upper right, then went to the REFLASH tab up above and reflashed to the bike. So far the bike seems to start easier but it may be because the battery is fully charged. From other posts, there should be audible clicks from the ACR solenoids when the ignition is turned on which I do not hear. I'll keep working on it.

Old 07-28-2015, 07:10 AM
Sam D.
Road Master
Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by 96CubicPair
On average how close are the front and rear cylinder VE tables on 96B engines? After a smart tune mine are quite different.

There will remain a difference between the Front & Rear VE tables as depicted in the original tables,,, the rear cells can be 4-10 points higher.

Old 07-31-2015, 06:15 PM
Jdharley78
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Smart tuner question

After I do my test run and download my data and then open up my map I click on front ve cylinder and open up my working table then I go back over to the tree and open the smart tune table in another box then I load my new data and generate it and then interpolate it and then update. When I do this I notice the changes in my working table and then I do a save as or a save. I've tried both and I get the same outcome. After I save the working numbers change however they don't change to the full amount like say my block said 85.3 and then after the update it changes to 80.4 but when I save it either way "save as or just save" it changes to 81.6 or something. All of my updated numbers do this for the front and back ve cylinders Is this normal?

Old 07-31-2015, 07:27 PM
Donk kinney
Stage IV

Thanks I'm slowly working it out did you decrease the numbers or add to the numbers The little box on the left-hand side of the screen says The greater number decreases fuel the higher number increases

Old 07-31-2015, 07:41 PM
Jdharley78
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Donk kinney
Thanks I'm slowly working it out did you decrease the numbers or add to the numbers The little box on the left-hand side of the screen says The greater number decreases fuel the higher number increases
I didn't do either. I updated it and it automatically does it for you. However when u save it the numbers change again

Old 07-31-2015, 11:15 PM
96CubicPair
Intermediate
Default VE Difference

Originally Posted by Sam D.
There will remain a difference between the Front & Rear VE tables as depicted in the original tables,,, the rear cells can be 4-10 points higher.
thanks Sam... I noticed the difference and thought WTF

Old 08-03-2015, 08:50 PM
98acrsilver
Cruiser

for all the people that still think after-run popping is still allways lean, proves why you need a afr gauge.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread