Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2016, 07:50 AM
Oz Nightrain
Road Captain
Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ
Chad is a smart **** so I would certainly listen to him. He's been on a dyno for a VERY long time and grew up in the harley world using the SEPST.
You'll get no argument from me there! Chad was a massive help to me with understanding some of the more the technical stuff that doesn't get mentioned much in these threads. So I am in his debt for that!
However, I did get a bit off topic. My original question was about Mytune, and honestly, I'm not that concerned with that anymore.
I got some more data today and the changes in that high MAP/high rpm area were brought down to about 6-8%, the low rpm and cruise areas some cells changed by as little as 0.5%. I don't ride around at full throttle much so I think I just need to stop being so **** about numbers, considering I have no heat issues, no knock issues and honestly the bike is running the best it ever has since I've owned it. So I just need to thank You, Chad, msocko3,Wurk Truk (RIP) and many others that have helped me get to where I am!
So thanks guys, I'm just going to ride the thing now!!!!

Old 05-26-2016, 08:10 AM
bluegrassbubba
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the help, UN!

Old 05-26-2016, 08:16 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

anytime guys..

Old 06-15-2016, 02:13 AM
blackscootersociety
Cruiser
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Can one of you guys give me a quick walk thru to getting smart tune live actually recording data? I'm either not doing it right at all, or missing something. Like, putting the VCI into record mode, or maybe because I'm closing the laptop?

I read a ways back that UltraNutz ran a USB monitor off his computer. I was thinkin bout lookin into that on Amazon and hooking up something along those lines.

Up till now I've been recording blind... I find it kind of frustrating and now that I know my way around the software half decent would like to see where I need to be to fill the cells, instead of guessing while I'm riding. It worked before, but this time I'm having trouble filling cells enough to cover the map, but close enough to interpolate.

Any advice, links to instructions, whatever appreciated as always.
Thanks,
Jim

***UPDATE: tried it out again last night on my way home from work. Bike was actually cold and the ride home is only a few miles so I didn't bother using any of that data. I will again though over the weekend. Even just in that short run, it collected about 8-10 good cells and a few other light green ones.

Last edited by blackscootersociety; 06-15-2016 at 07:22 PM.
Old 06-26-2016, 09:14 AM
jbarr1
Road Master
Received 278 Likes on 197 Posts

Has anyone encountered the SEPST not resetting the AFV's when reflashing? I have seen several newer bikes continue to show active AFV even with the map in open loop. Yes, the "reset AFV" box is checked during the update process. Some bikes will reset if I select the smart tune option first and then reflash normally. If I rest the AFV's with the Digital Tech, the AFV's act properly. Seems to be an issue with the newer bikes only. Anyone else see this and have an answer?

Old 07-01-2016, 02:04 PM
teeroy_
Road Warrior
Received 265 Likes on 138 Posts

I've spent 2 days reading up on this thread and the super tuner pro. just wanted to say thank you to all that have contributed to the vast amount of tuning tips and troubleshooting.

my bike is an '02 Ultra, SE 95" kit, SE port/polished head, unsure of cams (builder can't remember what he put in?) 10.5:1 pop up pistons, 2 into 1 Hooker exhaust. from what I have read in this thread, auto/smart tune will not work on this motor due to lack of O2 sensors. I have a bad hesitation at very low speed/rpm as well as at 2500-3500 rpm highway cruising speed. it pops and hesitates until I either crank on the throttle or back off. it doesn't always do it, seems to be worse when the bike is hot after many hours of riding. engine light comes on when it's bad, but no codes on the speedo when I check.

I watched as the builder changed tune values on his laptop for the current tune but he didn't really explain what he was doing, I'm hoping to address this issue myself once I get the software and cable. bike runs like a scalded cat when hard on the throttle. looking forward to resolving the situation, and any help provided in doing so.

Old 07-02-2016, 08:35 AM
hrdtail78
Road Warrior

Received 565 Likes on 393 Posts

Originally Posted by jbarr1
Has anyone encountered the SEPST not resetting the AFV's when reflashing? I have seen several newer bikes continue to show active AFV even with the map in open loop. Yes, the "reset AFV" box is checked during the update process. Some bikes will reset if I select the smart tune option first and then reflash normally. If I rest the AFV's with the Digital Tech, the AFV's act properly. Seems to be an issue with the newer bikes only. Anyone else see this and have an answer?

I don't have any answers but have seen the same. I question what is actually flashing all the time. I just had a different one with a 2012 road king. I could save the calibration and when I turned on power to the bike. I got the green check mark in the lower left corner, but the reflash button wouldn't highlight. I had to save the cal while power was on. Only then did I get the reflash button to highlight. More of a PITA than anything else for me. But is seems like it is always something. Took me some time to find the solution. I restarted my computer, changed cables, yada, yada....

Old 07-02-2016, 10:58 AM
FLTRI17
Stellar HDF Member
Received 599 Likes on 414 Posts

Sure seems like there have been many cooks trying to get the SEPST to work as expected. One version the box is checked as default. The next version no check mark.
Assumptions are necessary to deal with this product because the MOCO has not designed the product with the tuner in mind...hence the GUI that doesn't save screen setups, changes stuff in the back ground the user has no control over, etc.
Still requires a qualified tuner to figure the workarounds necessary to get the expected results.
A DIYer just has to assume everything is happening automatically and magically tuning his or her bike.
Bob

Old 07-02-2016, 11:18 AM
1Canuck
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,252 Likes on 1,439 Posts

Originally Posted by jbarr1
where do you see AFV was not reset or continues to show AFV in open loop?

AFV=adjusted fuel value?

Old 07-02-2016, 12:15 PM
jbarr1
Road Master
Received 278 Likes on 197 Posts

I'm glad others have also noticed the issue!
If AFV's are indeed reset, the O2 Integrators will be at 100% as long as the A/F ratio table is set to open loop values. I believe certain calibrations actually have front and rear adaptive fuel values listed as data items. I don't have the program in front of me so my memory could be fuzzy on the specific wording of the data items. I've been seeing O2 Integrator activity with the entire A/F table set to open loop. Once AFV is reset using the HD Digital Tech computer, they do indeed stay at 100%.

Quick Reply: SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread