Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2016, 05:13 PM
hrdtail78
Road Warrior

Received 565 Likes on 393 Posts

jbarr1,

Tuning a 617SEB204 cal. Simple stage1. I Mapped the whole VE with twin scan and MyTune. I then set the area in the AFR table for what I wanted to run closed loop. 1500-3500/ 70-80kpa. I am not running smart tune data. Just recording regular data. This cal shows AFV. I tried to reset them several times, and while just idling the bike. They are not zero.

I shut the bike off. Loaded a smart tune file and checked the reset AFV block. Turned around and reflashed again with the regular calibration. AFV's are now reset. I collected data and generated a new calibration with smart tune. I had to load a smart tune cal and then a regular cal.

So, flashing it twice on this bike works.

The following users liked this post:
BEAR1960 (07-08-2016)
Old 07-08-2016, 07:03 PM
BEAR1960
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Se super pro tuner

Thanks to you guys that replied to my question its seems this SE PRO TUNER is more of a hassle than its worth so now I have a second question(s)
What about the Vance & Hines fuel management tuner if I was to go with their mufflers is it easier to understand and do and will it wipe out the SE TUNER settings or am I just asking for trouble one last thing I replaced the stock spark plug wires with SE 10 mm wires and a set of E-3 plugs has anyone ever felt any kind of difference in the way the motor runs ?

Old 07-08-2016, 08:11 PM
1Canuck
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,252 Likes on 1,439 Posts

Originally Posted by BEAR1960
Thanks to you guys that replied to my question its seems this SE PRO TUNER is more of a hassle than its worth so now I have a second question(s)
What about the Vance & Hines fuel management tuner if I was to go with their mufflers is it easier to understand and do and will it wipe out the SE TUNER settings or am I just asking for trouble one last thing I replaced the stock spark plug wires with SE 10 mm wires and a set of E-3 plugs has anyone ever felt any kind of difference in the way the motor runs ?
with respect, for you sir either is a waste of money and time. Both require you to be able to operate them. there is nothing difficult with SEPST or any other tuner. If you cannot tune with one, then likely you will not with another. you like many others need an add on fueler that adds gas and nothing more. little if any tuning per say.

Old 07-08-2016, 09:21 PM
jbarr1
Road Master
Received 278 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by hrdtail78
jbarr1,

Tuning a 617SEB204 cal. Simple stage1. I Mapped the whole VE with twin scan and MyTune. I then set the area in the AFR table for what I wanted to run closed loop. 1500-3500/ 70-80kpa. I am not running smart tune data. Just recording regular data. This cal shows AFV. I tried to reset them several times, and while just idling the bike. They are not zero.

I shut the bike off. Loaded a smart tune file and checked the reset AFV block. Turned around and reflashed again with the regular calibration. AFV's are now reset. I collected data and generated a new calibration with smart tune. I had to load a smart tune cal and then a regular cal.

So, flashing it twice on this bike works.

Thanks for that report! I have had some success doing exactly what you have done--- first loading smart tune and then loading the regular tune to reset the AFV's. Most of the time that works but not always. Seems to be a glitch in the system somewhere.

Old 08-12-2016, 01:53 PM
Jeckel
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help!

I have been reading this thread for days! A lot of good information and I will go back and continue to read in case I missed the answer to my question. First, my bike:

2010 FLHX
screamin eagle stage 2 103 kit
big bore cylinders
big bore flat top pistons and rings
SE-255 cams
stage I air cleaner kit with one-piece back plate
heavy duty clutch spring
thunder header 2 - 1 - 2 exhaust

I get bad pinging in all gears, at all rpm's. it is temp related as it is worse when the ambient temp go up. What would be a good map to start with for this build? I have found

176ps005
Application: 2007 Touring
Configuration: 1690 Stage 2
Components:
- SE Air Cleaner or Heavy Breather Kit
- SE Big Bore Cylinders
- SE-255 Cams
- Race Exhaust
- ACR DISABLED

044sbn004
Application: 2010-2013 Touring
Configuration: 1690 Stage 2 with SE 255 cams
Components:
- SE Big Bore Cylinders
- SE-255 Cams
- SE Exhaust

205uh005
Application: 2008 - 2009 Touring
Configuration: 1690 Stage 2
Components:
- SE Big Bore Cylinders
- SE-255 Cams
- SE Exhaust
- ACR DISABLED

I have worked with 044sbn004 and have not really made much progress as far as the pinging goes. I talked to a harley guy in portland and he said because of the exhaust I have there really won't be a good canned map in the software that will work well. Any advice?

Using the SESPT

Last edited by Jeckel; 08-12-2016 at 02:08 PM. Reason: Add Tuning device
Old 08-12-2016, 02:02 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

which tuning device do you have?

41000018 - Screamin Eagle Pro Super Tuner
or
410000008B - Screamin Eagle Street Performance Tuner

Old 08-12-2016, 02:08 PM
Jeckel
Novice

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ
which tuning device do you have?

41000018 - Screamin Eagle Pro Super Tuner
or
410000008B - Screamin Eagle Street Performance Tuner
SE Pro super tuner

Old 08-12-2016, 02:32 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

ok so my next question.. and this relates to the simple fact that no calibration out of the box is going to work well for you.

have you done any smart tune runs with it or are you simply throwing in a calibration and hoping that's good enough? If not you need to. so

1) you need the cable set for the VCI to the bike and VCI to the computer
2) you need to select the proper starting calibration - I would use 044SBN004
3) read this document put together by Foxter. It's quick and to the point on how to smart tune with the SEPST device
4) set it to record and go smart tune.

Old 08-12-2016, 02:37 PM
Jeckel
Novice

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ
ok so my next question.. and this relates to the simple fact that no calibration out of the box is going to work well for you.

have you done any smart tune runs with it or are you simply throwing in a calibration and hoping that's good enough? If not you need to. so

1) you need the cable set for the VCI to the bike and VCI to the computer
2) you need to select the proper starting calibration - I would use 044SBN004
3) read this document put together by Foxter. It's quick and to the point on how to smart tune with the SEPST device
4) set it to record and go smart tune.
I have done a few smart tunes. Definitely tell the bike runs better each time, but the pinging never goes away. My concern now is engine damage

I have read the cvo's use 255 cams, correct? My thought is use those timing tables since the front table seems to be a lot less aggressive on those.

Old 08-12-2016, 02:48 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

can you post up any of the smart tune runs as well as the logs? Would be interesting to see where all this pinging is occurring.

Another question too. What spark plugs and spark plug wires? Anything aftermarket and you run the risk of inducing ping that really has nothing to do with the calibration

Quick Reply: SEPro/SEStreet Tuner Information Thread