Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

First attempt at using TTS Mastertune

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 05:23 PM
gdaustin
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First attempt at using TTS Mastertune

Well I put the scraming eagle Ventilator A/C on with the stock exhaust, as my ceramic Jackpot 2/1/2 are not here yet. I loaded a starting map per the instructions and then set up for vtune process. I went on my first run about 40 minutes and looked like I got a lot of green areas so I was kind of pumped to see what the difference would be. I ran the vtune and generated the new file and wow to my surprise only around 4 light pink boxes and one pink box and yellows arounf the edge. The rest were white. I followed the directions and loaded this map into the ECM and got the wife to get on and we did another run. This time after vtune there were only white and some yellow boxes around outside. I looked at the directions again and they indicated I should have some dark pink to red boxes where the cal was off and significant corrections were needed. I did not get any of those on my first or second 2up runs. Did I do something wrong or was I just lucky my bike had a good cal starting out? I reset the tables as directed in instructions and loaded it into the ECM. Just curious if I really messed up somewhere. I will be doing more runs when I get the new Jackpot headers so I will have another chance to get it right if I screwed up. Thanks.

Old 02-13-2011, 08:02 PM
Pine Tree

Received 1,964 Likes on 463 Posts

deleted

Last edited by Pine Tree; 02-13-2011 at 08:08 PM.
Old 02-13-2011, 08:05 PM
Pine Tree

Originally Posted by gdaustin
ust curious if I really messed up somewhere. I will be doing more runs when I get the new Jackpot headers so I will have another chance to get it right if I screwed up. Thanks.
Sounds like you're on the right track.

Remember and try to make runs under similar outside conditions (temp & humidity) as well as the same tank of gas. That way, at least you'll level the field and minimize those odd little changes in the middle of a map.

Good luck!

PS - I'll be in SE Georgia (the Nicholls area) this weekend - if I see a fast and well-tuned Root Beer go flying by I'll guess it will be you!

Enjoy!!

Old 02-13-2011, 08:06 PM
Pine Tree

deleted

Old 02-27-2011, 06:59 PM
gdaustin
Advanced

Well, I installed the new Jackpot 2-1-2 ceramic headers today with the SE Ventilator that I had installed previously. I started with the original map I used on the first tuning runs a few days ago and I got similar results. I made two runs per directions and only showed a couple of slightly pink squares needing adjustment. I was thinking I would have a few reds and a few pinks when starting at the beginning again. Not so. It makes me wonder if I am doing things right. Is it normal to not have many areas needing update when running the vtune software?

Old 02-28-2011, 03:19 PM
Reaper_ggy
Road Master

Originally Posted by gdaustin
Well, I installed the new Jackpot 2-1-2 ceramic headers today with the SE Ventilator that I had installed previously. I started with the original map I used on the first tuning runs a few days ago and I got similar results. I made two runs per directions and only showed a couple of slightly pink squares needing adjustment. I was thinking I would have a few reds and a few pinks when starting at the beginning again. Not so. It makes me wonder if I am doing things right. Is it normal to not have many areas needing update when running the vtune software?
Never used the thing but did you read a bit theres a good thread on it. You might want to ask Coldcase he seems to know this soft/hardware very much

Old 03-13-2011, 09:23 PM
Deuce Bigelow
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

did you try and hit as many cells as possible?
I just did a vTune session yesterday, I had many dark red cells along with some pink, white and yellow around the edges.. most changes were on the rear cylinder..
I loaded the new MAP and I'm going to make a few more tuning runs sometime this week.
I tried to hit as many cells as I could by doing different things during the ride, for example... going up hill at a slow speed in 4th or 5th gear, tried to maintain a steady throttle at different speeds while riding the rear brake all in an attempt to load the motor to hit more cells...
It obviously worked... LOL!

I'm running the Ventilator air cleaner, Fullsac X-Pipe and 2" Fullsac baffles in 2010 CVO Street Glide mufflers.

Last edited by Deuce Bigelow; 03-13-2011 at 09:25 PM.
Old 03-14-2011, 07:53 PM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator
Received 2,035 Likes on 1,103 Posts

Deuce.. careful using rear brakes as your rotors will overheat and yellow.