Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2014, 02:54 PM
Moneywoes
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If the 127.5's are in the riding area, I would keep raising the CI by 3 percent and lowering the VE's by 3 percent. If the 127.5's are in something like the 20 KP load column I would just cap them as its probably exhaust reversion. Also If the 127.5 are only 1-2 and in an area of the map I never hit riding normally I would also probably just cap them. There may come a point raising the CI where you start to notice other areas there your bike acts funny. My 103 with bored clyinders, 105 pistons, GMR 577 cams, V&H power dual headpipe, RC component mufflers and heavy breather needed a CI of 120 to keep VE's below 125. I started to start harded when hot until I went into the cranking fuel table and lowered the values in that table at higher temps. With some headwork done on yours, I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't end up raising CI 10-12 percent to accomodate better flow in certain areas of your map.

Old 04-21-2014, 03:28 PM
carbonfiberwingnut
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Moneywoes,

That is exactly what I needed to hear. I will continue the process then. Last year I did have to mess with the cranking table slightly in the initial set up.

So your saying you had to turn down the fuel on the cranking table in the higher temps. Or you were a little rich. Do you remember if you went down by percentages on multiple cells, or did you just tweek individual cells 1 at a time.

My 127's are in the 50,60,70 Kpa @ 3k -4k, so it is right where I don't want them. The surrounding cells to the Right I will only use in emergency situations (getting out of the way of a in-attentive cage), and the surrounding cells on the bottom are basically showing off, so the bottom and the right is not my concern, but the left and top I do want to be accurate.

Thanks for the help!

Old 04-21-2014, 07:09 PM
Delta
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BLACK 3
What is the difference between ET temp and Head temp? My ET temp in 2 rides, havent gotten higher than 250* and the Head temp is around 350*. What is to high for the Head temp?
How are you measuring the Head Temp? I thought the ET was read off the sensor in the front head.

Old 04-21-2014, 08:51 PM
Red Dragons
Road Master
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

What is the difference between ET temp and Head temp? My ET temp in 2 rides, havent gotten higher than 250* and the Head temp is around 350*. What is to high for the Head temp?
ET(engine temp) is the same as HT(head temp). There is only one temp sensor(disregard intake air temp sensor) reading engine temp, and it is in your front cylinder head.

Old 04-22-2014, 04:53 AM
mirrmu
Road Warrior
Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts

Hi,

Special thanks to Roy at Dynojet Powervision tech support for quick action on my PV which froze during the firmware update and also supplying a tune

Look forward to putting on bike and going for a nice ride
Thanks
Mirrmu

Old 04-22-2014, 09:29 PM
papifun
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was forced to go with SEPRT from powervision. Can I put back my PV after my dyno and load a copy into my PV as "original tune" and then see what is programmed into my ECM for Afr and VE tables ? I was told my tune is now running open loop. Or am I stuck now with SEPRT ? I don't get why PV is still not used here after it's inception almost 3 years ago.. Any comments ???

Last edited by papifun; 04-26-2014 at 06:49 AM.
Old 04-23-2014, 08:55 PM
JamieDTR
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is it normal for NBF:O and NBR:O is blink on the screen when auto tuning or am I doing something wrong? Why does it notify me it is in Open Loop?

Thanks.

Old 04-24-2014, 01:27 PM
JustDave13
Extreme HDF Member

Received 15,090 Likes on 6,141 Posts

Originally Posted by JamieDTR
Is it normal for NBF:O and NBR:O is blink on the screen when auto tuning or am I doing something wrong? Why does it notify me it is in Open Loop?

Thanks.
Mine does that, I try not to stare at the screen to closely while I'm auto tuning but when I glance down on occasion I see whole bunch of stuff that doesn't make sense to me pop up, regardless the auto tune works fine.

Old 04-25-2014, 10:27 PM
Coug
Intermediate

Mr. 3,

I had the same question. There are two different temps available through the PV. HeadT and ET. First, I'm running an '04 so no closed loop and I'm running 14.2 AFR for cruise (lower temps); I have high compression (10.5:1) (higher temps); and a Jagg 10 row cooler (lower temps) - I have only on a couple of occasions gotten above 230* on ET (slow and or idling) and up to 355* on HeadT (a couple miles at 90mph). So far ambient temps around here have only gotten to about 70*, I expect thee ET and HeadT to go higher when outside temps get up to 110*.

I'm still not sure the difference, but thinking the ET is calculated (the changes are slow), and the HeadT is really the head temp (you can watch it jump up on accel and down on deccel - also drops at idle, but ET rises).

Not really the answer you wanted, but hope it helps some anyway.

Last edited by Coug; 04-25-2014 at 10:41 PM.
Old 05-01-2014, 10:44 PM
bikerbehaviorist
Road Master

Wow I tried to start reading from the beginning but no way do I have time for that. I have some knowledge of this stuff, because I screwed around with a TTS on an 09. I am now using the PV on a 13 RGU. Is there part of this thread (or another that will help me come up to speed on the terminology) I have run several auto tunes, I have the newest loaded into my ECM - I have the software up and running.... What I want to do the most is make a map for long distance freeway riding ( I have a trip coming up :-) ) for gas milage. This way I can switch back and forth btwn the performance and milage tune.... Thanks!

Last edited by bikerbehaviorist; 05-02-2014 at 08:53 AM.

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread