Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2015, 11:33 AM
misfitJason
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 651 Posts

I had the powervision for awhile and used it to autotune basic when my bike was an 88 inch. I had the bike converted to a 95 inch with 203 cams and fuelmoto gave me a map, and I had a dynojet map. The fuelmoto map was for a different setup but they said it would be close. The dynojet map is for all the same components that I have except for the valve work. I used the dynojet map during break in and it ran well except for the warmup enrichment, which I lowered and it starts better. I get done with my break in miles and I go to autotune the dynojet map that I have. It goes to the green screen and it’s not learning any values (I’m not getting any numbers in the boxes as I ride) (and it says nrbo/nrfo all the time). I email dynojet and send them the map to ask whats up. They tell me that the map doesn’t have auto tune turned on in it and send me the same map back with the changes to make autotune work (looks like just closed loop changed to 1, and closed loop/adaptive control temps changed). I put the map in and go to autotune it still using basic and the bike won’t even run to get out of warmup. It coughs and spits and dies. I email them back and they don’t know what the problem is. Someone tells me that maybe my o2 sensors are in wrong. I check and don’t see anything that could be wrong. Just out of curiousity I try to autotune the fuelmoto map. I do get learned values with the fuelmoto map but the map is sooo far off that the bike runs like crap and can’t really even stay driving. So I am perplexed and am I wrong in thinking while I know that it is basic, shouldn’t it be at least able to tune the map a little. My main compliant for the map is that it is a little ruff at startup and not as smooth as my map was when it was an 88. The rest of the map is so spot on that I feel if I were to autotune it even in basic that I would be there.

ultranutz and Ke5rbd I sent you both emails

Old 02-23-2015, 11:47 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,104 Likes on 1,339 Posts

Originally Posted by misfitJason
I had the powervision for awhile and used it to autotune basic when my bike was an 88 inch. I had the bike converted to a 95 inch with 203 cams and fuelmoto gave me a map, and I had a dynojet map. The fuelmoto map was for a different setup but they said it would be close. The dynojet map is for all the same components that I have except for the valve work. I used the dynojet map during break in and it ran well except for the warmup enrichment, which I lowered and it starts better. I get done with my break in miles and I go to autotune the dynojet map that I have. It goes to the green screen and it’s not learning any values (I’m not getting any numbers in the boxes as I ride) (and it says nrbo/nrfo all the time). I email dynojet and send them the map to ask whats up. They tell me that the map doesn’t have auto tune turned on in it and send me the same map back with the changes to make autotune work (looks like just closed loop changed to 1, and closed loop/adaptive control temps changed). I put the map in and go to autotune it still using basic and the bike won’t even run to get out of warmup. It coughs and spits and dies. I email them back and they don’t know what the problem is. Someone tells me that maybe my o2 sensors are in wrong. I check and don’t see anything that could be wrong. Just out of curiousity I try to autotune the fuelmoto map. I do get learned values with the fuelmoto map but the map is sooo far off that the bike runs like crap and can’t really even stay driving. So I am perplexed and am I wrong in thinking while I know that it is basic, shouldn’t it be at least able to tune the map a little. My main compliant for the map is that it is a little ruff at startup and not as smooth as my map was when it was an 88. The rest of the map is so spot on that I feel if I were to autotune it even in basic that I would be there.
ultranutz and Ke5rbd I sent you both emails

I just responded to your email with a new map. Looking at both the FM & Dynojet maps they are actually very similar, the DJ map is quite a bit richer in the off throttle & decel areas however for much of the VE tables they are within 10% of each other. Please give this latest map a try and let me know if you need any additional assistance.

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 02-23-2015, 11:57 AM
FinalShot
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by FinalShot
I am using the the tune that FM sent me that I have run AT Pro on. My idol is just not right. I have it set at 1000 but it is continually hunting for it. After the bike get hot after a ride, it can swing from 1100 down to 925 or so. Sometimes, it gets low and it almost sounds like the engine is going to die but it doesn't. Any ideas?
I still can't seem to get it dialed in. I am seeing a 200 +/- rpm swing at idle. I just filled out the FM online map support form to see if they can help. Glad I bought from FM.

Old 02-23-2015, 12:07 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor

I still can't seem to get it dialed in. I am seeing a 200 +/- rpm swing at idle. I just filled out the FM online map support form to see if they can help. Glad I bought from FM.
Email received; I will get a look at your logs and map this afternoon.

Old 02-23-2015, 12:24 PM
misfitJason
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 651 Posts

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
I just responded to your email with a new map. Looking at both the FM & Dynojet maps they are actually very similar, the DJ map is quite a bit richer in the off throttle & decel areas however for much of the VE tables they are within 10% of each other. Please give this latest map a try and let me know if you need any additional assistance.
It worked and allowed me to autotune it. Thank you very much. As always. Thanks fuelmoto for being awesome

Old 02-23-2015, 12:50 PM
FinalShot
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
Email received; I will get a look at your logs and map this afternoon.
Great, thank you! Looking forward to seeing what's going on.

Old 02-23-2015, 03:26 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor

Great, thank you! Looking forward to seeing what's going on.
Email sent with revised map

Old 02-27-2015, 10:42 PM
rc4life
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I ordered my powervision from my local indy. (big mistake, should have gone through fuelmoto but didnt know about them)

I bought it cause I like all the options of the power vision and saw that power commander maps can be used on the PV. The PC site showed an exact map for my bike (103 w/ SE intake and akrapovic 2-1) so after I buy the PV I find out that I cant use the PC map cuase my bike is TBW. WOuld have been nice to know before I bought it..Any way, I email PV asking for a map, they tell me to just use the rush 2-1 map, and the rush is quite a bit different than my akrapovic. And the bike decel pops like hell. I have been using basic autotune for over a thousand miles now and hasnt helped...How can I get the proper map for the PV? I dont want to spend $300 on a dyno tune but I cant go on with the bike running like this. Really pisses me off that they wouldnt make me a map like they said they would.

Keep in mind, I am a complete noob at this tunning stuff so tuning it on my own is something i dont think I can do..

Old 02-28-2015, 12:26 AM
FinalShot
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by rc4life
So I ordered my powervision from my local indy. (big mistake, should have gone through fuelmoto but didnt know about them)

I bought it cause I like all the options of the power vision and saw that power commander maps can be used on the PV. The PC site showed an exact map for my bike (103 w/ SE intake and akrapovic 2-1) so after I buy the PV I find out that I cant use the PC map cuase my bike is TBW. WOuld have been nice to know before I bought it..Any way, I email PV asking for a map, they tell me to just use the rush 2-1 map, and the rush is quite a bit different than my akrapovic. And the bike decel pops like hell. I have been using basic autotune for over a thousand miles now and hasnt helped...How can I get the proper map for the PV? I dont want to spend $300 on a dyno tune but I cant go on with the bike running like this. Really pisses me off that they wouldnt make me a map like they said they would.

Keep in mind, I am a complete noob at this tunning stuff so tuning it on my own is something i dont think I can do..
Have you run a series of auto tunes yet? By using auto tune, you don't have to tune it yourself. Just go in to auto tune, try to fill in as many of the blocks as you can. Then you apply that auto tune to the bike and run auto tune again. You keep doing this until the auto tune tells you that you are within +/-5%. It's pretty simpel and there are videos at PV that shows you.

Old 02-28-2015, 08:47 AM
Smokey Stover
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts

rc4life, Have you Exported learned values-Saved to a slot - Then flashed to ECM and then re run Autotune? 1k miles is a lot of riding at 14.6 AFR across the board. If so then plug your PV into a computer and use WinPV to Get Tune, Rename it, Save it, Then look at your Decel Enleanment tables, There's two, Global and by temp. You can try lowering the values at running temps by about 30% at a time and see how that runs. Also Lower the values in the 20 KPa column (Decel area) You can also add a little Spark Advance in the Decel area of those tables, You can also enable Closed Throttle Spark. but try adding a little fuel first.(small steps,Don't do a lot of changes all at once) Remember Running With autotune enabled isn't the same as running the the modified tune exported with new values.Try running the newest tune without autotuneing and see how you'r doing.Then AT some more if needed. Save each run (an hour is good) and then use the compare by % function in WinPV to see how much the VE tables are being altered.(from previous run) 5% is good 1% or 2% even better.(the VE's are the only thing AT will change at first) It's easy once you do it a couple times. Hell I'm old and not tech savvy but I finally got a grip on it lol. Read the last couple hundred pages of this monster thread.

Last edited by Smokey Stover; 02-28-2015 at 08:59 AM. Reason: oops, spelllin

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread