Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2015, 02:23 PM
mupepe
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
You are going to need to find the source of the knock, if this sound it is at idle it is not detonation or related to knock retard as the motor is not under load. Many times a cold knock is related to the compensator or primary chain tension, however if it started after you installed the exhaust I would make sure the front pipe is not touching the floorboard bracket and the rest of the system has sufficient clearance at the cam cover, brake pedal, the frame, etc..
I would also run several Auto Tune sessions, I generally recommend three, 20 minute sessions of mixed riding. Between each session export learned and re-enable this new map for the next AT session. If you purchased the head pipe from Fuel Moto you are welcome to use our map request form to request a fuel map, you will use the invoice number for your exhaust.
that's awesome! Thanks so much! I'll put the request through.

I checked all the clearances and everything looks good. I've tried running shirts/towels everywhere the pipes are close to anything to deaden the sound if it's there and no luck. I even tried completely removing the system and refitting it.

I thought an exhaust leak but it's definitely coming from the left side near the primary and I'm pretty familiar with that sound since I ran into that right before I changed my head pipes. I also looked for any other signs with smoke and whatever else. Someone told me the tensioner or compensator would make the noise whether it was warm or cold but I'm not sure how true that is and I seem to find conflicting info.

There is a definite possibility I just never noticed it before I changed my pipes. I had always considered the engine noise on my bike loud and rackety. And I had been hearing an exhaust leak since the day I bought the bike and because it was delivered to me that way I thought it was normal. It wasn't until after that ordeal I really started listening for irregular noises and that just happened to coincide with me installing my new pipes.

Thanks for the advice, guys.

Last edited by mupepe; 03-24-2015 at 02:43 PM.
Old 03-24-2015, 07:14 PM
Watchfuliz
Road Captain
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Turn the stereo up louder for a knock...........LOL That is what one of buds said a few years back.

Old 03-24-2015, 09:33 PM
SpinnrUp
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default You can't beat FM's customer care

I ordered a TechMount for my new PV2 online. 20 minutes later they called me to let me know that the part wasn't in stock and they wouldn't be shipping same day as is their usual. The guy doing order processing just wanted to make sure I wasn't wondering what the delay was. Can't beat the folks over there. Jamie, I hope you do a BBQ lunch or something from time to time for staff to let them know they're appreciated.

Old 03-25-2015, 07:05 AM
mupepe
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Watchfuliz
Turn the stereo up louder for a knock...........LOL That is what one of buds said a few years back.
Sounds like I need to pick up a bike with a fairing! haha

Old 03-25-2015, 07:11 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

since you're close by, feel free to swing by and we'll take a closer look/listen at it.

Old 03-25-2015, 12:14 PM
mupepe
Cruiser

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ
since you're close by, feel free to swing by and we'll take a closer look/listen at it.
That'd be awesome! I'll send you a PM.

I also just received the map from Fuel Moto so thanks for the awesome customer service! My upcoming cam purchase will be from you guys for sure.

Old 03-29-2015, 02:11 PM
Harley Convert
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Guys,

Will AT tune out a backfire when shifting gears. I'm using the map I got from Fuel Moto and I like the way the bike feels except for the pop during shifting.

Thanks

Old 03-30-2015, 07:37 AM
nhrider1
Road Warrior
Received 53 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Harley Convert
Guys,

Will AT tune out a backfire when shifting gears. I'm using the map I got from Fuel Moto and I like the way the bike feels except for the pop during shifting.

Thanks
AT will generally help but may not totally eliminate it. Try AT and if you still have issues contact Fuel Moto. They will adjust your map to eliminate it.

Adjusting decel enleanment in the problem area is often useful in reducing/eliminating backfire and pops.

Old 03-30-2015, 10:32 PM
scooterbum46
Tourer
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Married the PV2 to the '15 TriGlide today (3rd marriage - this one gets around) and loaded the "Improved Stock" map for '14-'15 103 TCs. No issues with the map - I'll start some AT runs tomorrow, but noticed the speedo is now almost 5 MPH off - got me to wondering if the speedometer calibration is part of the map that gets flashed - I know I can change it, just curious if that may be because the map was from a two wheeler, loaded into a trike ECM.....

Old 03-30-2015, 11:48 PM
SpinnrUp
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Caution - Dynojet quick detach mount

I mounted the DJ QD bracket to a handlebar mount from FuelMoto. I pulled it to install on a TechMount bracket and found that the arms were cracking apart. Looking at the DJ QD mount, it's not flat on the backside. When you mount it to a flat AMP's type mount it appears that it stresses the QD. I had another and put a thin flat washer between each of the QD arme to space it off the flat AMP's bracket so that the arms were'nt pulled back. Just a heads up about something to be aware of.

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread