Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2015, 02:25 PM
FLTRI17
Stellar HDF Member
Received 599 Likes on 414 Posts

Whenever you change the calibration, whether from an autotune session or manual change you need to reset the offsets so the next session will make new changes.
The idea is to tune till the offsets are minimal so the ECM doesn't need to make big changes constantly in an attempt to get to and maintain targets.
Bob

Old 05-21-2015, 02:39 PM
CVORoadKing2013
Tourer
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

FLTRI17

I had a tune that was good all I did update tune with latest FW. That was the only thing I did. After I did this I compared to the original tune and there were no differences. That is why I did not clear the trim values.

Old 05-21-2015, 09:23 PM
Smokey Stover
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by CVORoadKing2013
FLTRI17

I had a tune that was good all I did update tune with latest FW. That was the only thing I did. After I did this I compared to the original tune and there were no differences. That is why I did not clear the trim values.
I always hit the "yes" button when prompted while flashing a new/updated tune to the ECM..

Old 05-23-2015, 09:23 AM
OddJack
Road Warrior
Received 180 Likes on 125 Posts

Question about autotune:

After a auto tune run, if you just switch the engine off and then come back an hour later and start and go for another run, does the autotune logging continue or you should have saved it before you switched off first time?

Old 05-23-2015, 11:21 AM
LA_Dog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 184 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by OddJack
Question about autotune:

After a auto tune run, if you just switch the engine off and then come back an hour later and start and go for another run, does the autotune logging continue or you should have saved it before you switched off first time?
Autotune remains on until you turn off autotune mode. I believe it is suggested to do multiple short runs vs one long run. The specific log data i think you need to save the log before killing power to the bike, then start another log on next run. when i log, i stop engine > save log > switch off power.

Last edited by LA_Dog; 05-23-2015 at 11:23 AM.
Old 05-23-2015, 01:31 PM
jrat69
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I tried search, and did not see a easy way to back up all the tunes on my PV and only restore the most recent tune, so I have all the slots empty. Is there a way or a easy way to do this?

Old 05-23-2015, 02:01 PM
2deuceguy
Road Captain
Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by jrat69
I tried search, and did not see a easy way to back up all the tunes on my PV and only restore the most recent tune, so I have all the slots empty. Is there a way or a easy way to do this?
I save them to my desktop then also save them on a thumb drive. When I'm done with that bike all tunes will be on the thumb drive and I can then delete them from the desktop.

Old 05-23-2015, 02:48 PM
Smokey Stover
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by jrat69
You sould have created folders in /Documents according to the manual/Install/Instructions.
All the tunes you've edited/renamed should be there. Use the GET TUNE function in WinPV to download files from the PV to your computer. Autotune files will only have a # Untill you rename it. The Get Tune button also has a delete file on PV option to clean out the slots if thats what you want. I just overwrite them with newest version.

Old 05-25-2015, 07:09 AM
oldhippie
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 114 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by LA_Dog
Autotune remains on until you turn off autotune mode. I believe it is suggested to do multiple short runs vs one long run. The specific log data i think you need to save the log before killing power to the bike, then start another log on next run. when i log, i stop engine > save log > switch off power.
I haven't done an AT in a while, but I'm quite certain that you can start an autotune, begin logging data, turn off bike, then restart bike, go back to the logscreen and it will continue to log data until you save and export.

I'll try it again next time I go out. But I'm pretty sure you don't lose your logged data if you forget and cut power before saving.

Old 05-25-2015, 09:52 PM
KKjordan23
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question for y'all. I have a 14 Street Bob and recently installed a SE Heavy Breather and some thunderheader pipes... Today I installed my power vision and loaded a map suggested to me by Roy from PV (12D103002405, SE AC w/ VH 2into1).

The bike started up just fine and sounded amazing, however there was light smoke coming from the engine about 30 seconds into idle and continued. It was difficult to pinpoint exactly where it was coming from but it seemed like it was the header/engine connection area.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is it normal? Did I do something wrong? Let me know! I'm dying to take her out on the road with her new gear. Thanks!

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread