Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Old 07-30-2015, 07:13 AM
oldhippie
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 114 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
The new Target Tune kit for Dynojet Power Vision allows for full time closed loop fuel control incorporating Bosch wideband O2 sensors into the factory HD-Delphi ECM with user defined air-fuel targets. Fuel Moto has been working with Dynojet for a season developing & testing this exciting new product.

From our website:
Dynojet Target Tune is an optional accessory for Power Vision that adds a new dimension to Harley tuning. Target Tune incorporates closed loop fuel control utilizing Bosch wideband O2 sensors into the HD-Delphi ECM. Dynojet has evolved the OEM closed loop parameters and adaptive fuel control within the ECM to meet the needs of performance & tuning enthusiasts alike.

Allows the factory ECM to interpret and use wideband O2 sensor signals*
User defined AFR/Lambda targets over a broad range
Target fuel table from PV calibration is achieved in real time
Retains OEM closed loop, adaptive fuel control strategy
Learns and uses VE table corrections as you ride
Target Tune enhanced Auto Tune app on PV device
Does NOT interfere with dealer diagnostic / service tools
Direct plug in OEM style connectors connect to factory O2 harness
Model specific applications for Harley Davidson closed loop models
Available as upgrade kit without O2 sensors for owners of Auto Tune Pro
Fits 2006 and newer Harley Davidson motorcycles**
* Requires Power Vision Target Tune specific calibration
** ECM must be "closed loop capable" and have OEM wiring for O2 sensor circuitry

For more Target Tune info & pricing you can visit our website http://www.fuelmotousa.com/series-199126
This is an exciting upgrade of the already powerful PowerVision product line.

Since my bike is running pissah already I am going to hang around a learn a bitabout it from the early adopters, but for sure will be calling FuelMoto for a discussion as to how this might benefit my 107 BigBore Kit. I'm guessing that FM will begin including the TT as an option into their BB builds, and it will be interesting to see what results/benefits result.

Old 07-30-2015, 12:11 PM
Delmar
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just placed my order for the Target Tuner. According to FM salesman they should be shipping them out next week after they make their TT specific calibrations for them.

Old 07-30-2015, 08:07 PM
FNGonaRK
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,640 Likes on 2,668 Posts

I'm not going to jump on it yet. My PV is less than a month old. I want to feel my way through it a little bit and figure out what I can with the help of the forum and Fuel Moto first. I'll definitely be looking to upgrade once I put the Jackpot headers on.

Old 07-30-2015, 10:30 PM
oldhippie
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by FNGonaRK
I'm not going to jump on it yet. My PV is less than a month old. I want to feel my way through it a little bit and figure out what I can with the help of the forum and Fuel Moto first. I'll definitely be looking to upgrade once I put the Jackpot headers on.
Good strategy, it's not clear to me what the benefits are for most of us. If it's just the last 5% you're going to squeeze out then there might be better ways to spend the money.

Old 07-31-2015, 06:46 AM
Ultra 2008
Intermediate

Originally Posted by oldhippie
This is an exciting upgrade of the already powerful PowerVision product line.

Since my bike is running pissah already I am going to hang around a learn a bitabout it from the early adopters, but for sure will be calling FuelMoto for a discussion as to how this might benefit my 107 BigBore Kit. I'm guessing that FM will begin including the TT as an option into their BB builds, and it will be interesting to see what results/benefits result.
I agree!! I intend to hang-out and learn a little more about this module prior to jumping in and being on the R and D team!! I have my set-up to run in open loop all the time (Max AFR set at 14.2) since closed loop range is set at 14.3 - 15.0, I never get into closed loop and the bike is running awesome. However, it is an interesting concept and I will be monitoring it closely for possibly adding at a later date.

As the old adage goes, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"!!

Roger

Old 07-31-2015, 10:08 AM
Delmar
Advanced

I can understand peoples reluctance to jump on a new product. There is not a whole lot of information out there yet on the complete capabilities of the Target Tuner.
On the other hand there wasn't much info on the Powervision or it's pro upgrade kit when they first hit the market. I purchased both soon after they were introduced to the public and they have exceeded my expectations on their capabilities. Also by purchasing these items from Fuel Moto i know i have great support to back up any problems encountered or questions i may have.

So i guess i get to tinker with the TT when it arrives and i can give you all feedback on its functionality along with its pros and cons.

Old 08-01-2015, 06:26 AM
oldhippie
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Delmar
I can understand peoples reluctance to jump on a new product. There is not a whole lot of information out there yet on the complete capabilities of the Target Tuner.
On the other hand there wasn't much info on the Powervision or it's pro upgrade kit when they first hit the market. I purchased both soon after they were introduced to the public and they have exceeded my expectations on their capabilities. Also by purchasing these items from Fuel Moto i know i have great support to back up any problems encountered or questions i may have.

So i guess i get to tinker with the TT when it arrives and i can give you all feedback on its functionality along with its pros and cons.
I am really looking forward to your write-ups and results. I've got an 07 with similar build so please give us all the information you can.

Old 08-02-2015, 12:08 PM
Primalfear45365
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So the target tune can't be used on a 03 ? I have the pv with the pro tune and widebands. Or is this just mainly for the closed loop bikes?

Old 08-02-2015, 10:41 PM
lrcormier
Cruiser
Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

This target thing is really interesting, if the WB O2 sensor has a AFR range of 11.5-15.5 and target uses the WB O2 sensors full time, doesn't that essentially put the entire AFR table in close loop? That would be awesome and pretty much eliminate the need to do an auto tune, I think?
Louis

Old 08-03-2015, 05:44 AM
xardoz
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine is suppose to be delivered on Wed, they have not emailed back my converted tune that I sent them yet but hopefully I should have some feedback on it by the weekend.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread