Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2015, 04:43 PM
mirrmu
Road Warrior
Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts

check your mounts if you have your PV on bike, after 2yrs my quick release mount broke the other day just as i was upping the speed

the cable held onto it thankfully, have screwed it on until i get the quick release one replaced

Old 10-09-2015, 09:35 PM
Teardrop
Road Warrior
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by oldhippie
PS If your PV wants to continue to scale up to higher and higher displacements and the VEs are all hitting 127 at WOT and high RPMs is an indication of the bike not getting enough fuel and you may have a fuel pump problem. I had this problem.

Did you have to replace the fuel pump or was it something else in the fuel tank causing it. About 2 years ago I had the filter housing crack which needed to be replaced. Could it also be caused by the hose in the tank?

Old 10-09-2015, 09:50 PM
oldhippie
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 114 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Teardrop
Did you have to replace the fuel pump or was it something else in the fuel tank causing it. About 2 years ago I had the filter housing crack which needed to be replaced. Could it also be caused by the hose in the tank?
It could be, we suspect it was the regulator and not the pump, but we replaced both given the age/mileage on the bike and the need to get to the fix quickly.

Could be anything in the system.

Old 10-10-2015, 10:09 PM
Teardrop
Road Warrior

It could be, we suspect it was the regulator and not the pump, but we replaced both given the age/mileage on the bike and the need to get to the fix quickly.

Could be anything in the system.

Okay thanks. Mine always want s to scale when auto tuning.

Old 10-11-2015, 06:24 AM
oldhippie
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 114 Likes on 67 Posts

When Bob at FuelMoto took it all apart, he told me he suspected the regulator. I think the Fuel Pump is pretty expensive, so try the rgulator first. If it just won't stop trying to scale up, this is your culprit. You'd maybe never know it in day-to-day riding, but it shows right up on a dyno. Runs fine until you start going over 3500rpm @WOT

Old 10-11-2015, 07:49 PM
Teardrop
Road Warrior

When Bob at FuelMoto took it all apart, he told me he suspected the regulator. I think the Fuel Pump is pretty expensive, so try the rgulator first. If it just won't stop trying to scale up, this is your culprit. You'd maybe never know it in day-to-day riding, but it shows right up on a dyno. Runs fine until you start going over 3500rpm @WOT

Ok thanks for the advise. I think I will stop by the dealer next week and get a new regulator and give it a try.

Old 10-13-2015, 02:27 PM
FinalShot
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Over the years, I have seen various threads on gas mileage and have been amazed at the mileage some get. Sometimes, the bikes were modded and sometimes not. Some had corrected the speedometer and others not.

This thread is nothing more than something I have encountered in the bike swaps the wife has done and wondering what is so different? To keep things simple and as close to apples to apples I'll talk about the last couple of years. As close to apples as I can get anyways....

Between the wife and I, we have had 13 UC, 15 Limited CVO, 14 RK, 15 RK & 16 SG. All of these had stage 1 with Jackpot header & slipons and tuned with PV using the AT Pro module and starting with the Fuel Moto baseline tune. The AFR, timing and and VEs have looked about the same. The Speedo was always set using external GPS

Between all the bikes, except the CVO, the wife and I were always within a tenth of our gas mileage. When I went from the UC to the CVO, we were within 1/2 a mile per gallon.

A month ago, the wife decided she wanted a SGS. We have taken the bike to the three sisters, back and forth to Houston several times and around town riding. In just under 30 days, there is 5k on hers. In all that, she is crushing me on MPG. I don't know what is different but she is constantly getting 5-7 mpg better than me. Even when cruising at 75, she is getting 40mpg, something we have never seen with any of our bikes. I have verified the tune on her bike and it is active.

I know that when she got the 16, Brian and FM said that they made changes to the ECM and I had to wait a couple days for the tune. Everything I can see as a normal user there isn't much changed between 15 & 16.

I just recently added the target tune to mine. Didn't see much of a change between the at pro and target tune.

Old 10-16-2015, 12:10 PM
adkg12
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So my logs seem to show a higher than average IAT (160-190). I have checked for loose connections, and the sensor doesnt appear to be bad so I dont know if the readings are false, or actual. I got to thinking (scary I know), I have the big Kuryakyn Smoked saddle shields and I am wondering if that right side shield is deflecting more of the rear cylinder heat back into the intake..Ideas? I am still chasing down a really bad dropout when I blip the throttle from idle... like when you are sitting at a light.. and you blip ...it drops out...it if I dont blip but rev a little slower its mostly fine. It doesnt seem to do this until it start to get warmed up. Cold start up, it doesnt do it at all...
Anyway.. IAT temps.. what do you guys think..
Glen

Old 10-16-2015, 03:50 PM
J929626
Road Master
Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

When the IAT is in the 160-190 range what is the AAT?

Old 10-16-2015, 04:06 PM
scooterbum46
Tourer
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

I've seen IAT temps like that when sitting through a stop light twice, on blacktop, in mid 90 degrees air temps. If that's a going down the road temp, and the AAT temp is correct, I'd suspect that the IAT sensor is bad...

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread