Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2016, 08:31 PM
Smokey Stover
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by DDH
My current issue is since I installed the TT in my Street Glide my cold start idle gets up to between 1500 and 1600 rpm, seems high. It does eventually come down to normal after the engine warms up. It's higher than before the TT. Before TT I had PV/AT for a couple years.

The Deuce with TT does not have the same issue.
Use WinPV to compare the tunes, look at IAC and you can copy paste the old values if they have changed. I think.... I dont know "IF" you can open a TT tune and compare it to a regular PV tune in WinPV. But is worth a try. I had the same thing happen once when I was experimenting with DJ vs FM tunes.

Old 02-11-2016, 08:45 PM
LA_Dog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 184 Likes on 141 Posts

yes you can indeed open the TT tune saved out from the ECM in WinPV. it looks identical to a non-TT tune. the only thing *important* is to first ensure WinPV is up to latest version, otherwise it will strip the TT info from the tune.

Old 02-12-2016, 10:30 AM
DDH
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks L.A. Dog. I appreciate the thought. The '07s still had a cable throttle plus my hand is never on the throttle when I turn the ignition off. Looks like I need to look at the IAC.

Old 02-12-2016, 11:16 AM
LA_Dog
Outstanding HDF Member

^ argh - sorry about that DDH (smacking self on forehead) - for some reason I was thinking '14. Smokey to the rescue here for sure

post your bike info in your sig for benefit of us half-witted folk.. ;p

Old 02-12-2016, 06:11 PM
DDH
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's why I have a flat forehead. No problem,

Old 02-12-2016, 07:03 PM
Mr_Taipan
Road Master
Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

I probably need to contact Dynojet but was wondering if anyone else has hit my problems The software wont install on my win 10 laptop? It just says the wizard finished prematurely! Ahem. Tried on the wifes win 8 laptop and the software has installed but i'm not getting the update options or anything like the quick start up guide says???? Reluctant to plug the PV in incase I "brick" it ? Anyone else had this problem?

Old 02-12-2016, 07:43 PM
Smokey Stover
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr_Taipan
I probably need to contact Dynojet but was wondering if anyone else has hit my problems The software wont install on my win 10 laptop? It just says the wizard finished prematurely! Ahem. Tried on the wifes win 8 laptop and the software has installed but i'm not getting the update options or anything like the quick start up guide says???? Reluctant to plug the PV in incase I "brick" it ? Anyone else had this problem?
I just checked DJ and FM's websites. There is a windows 10, 64 bit version of WinPV on Fuel Moto's Power Vision download page. Is that the version you tried to install? There are even some updated manuals, New to me anyway, I do remember I couldn't install on my Windows 10 PC from my very old disk, So I must have downloaded it from there. I havn't even booted it up for months now that I inherited my wifes tablet lol.

Maybe you have some Privacy/security settings, Or firewall blocking install.

The PV has to be plugged in to the computer to run update client.

http://www.dynojet.com/powervision/p...Power%20Vision

http://www.fuelmotousa.com/p-28398-d...ision.html#fm6

Last edited by Smokey Stover; 02-12-2016 at 07:49 PM. Reason: added links
Old 02-12-2016, 08:08 PM
LA_Dog
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Mr_Taipan
As Smokey said, if there is a specific Windows 10 installer on the DJ website you must use that one. As of January 2016, Microsoft imposed a ban on any device drivers that are not signed with the new SHA-2 device driver signing security certificates. This applies to Windows 10 and forward. Windows 8 or earlier is not a problem and can use any of the common installers (Which use the previous SHA-1 signing certificates). When you plug in the PV it is initiating a device driver installation, and if they are not the newer SHA-2 signed drivers, it will fail.

Sometimes AV software can block installation of drivers so be sure and disable AV software before plugging in the PV. Then re-enable the AV software after it's completed.

Old 02-12-2016, 08:10 PM
LA_Dog
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by firsttimerider
maybe someone can help me i just bought a 2002 fatboy and when i go into first and let go of the clutch and brake it just goes without me touching the throttle is this normal my sportster didnt do that
Sounds to me like the Torque Converter is locking up.

anyway- try over in the technical forum area on engine / clutch / mechanical related issues. this is not the right forum thread.

Last edited by LA_Dog; 02-12-2016 at 08:12 PM.
Old 02-13-2016, 09:03 AM
kosmo01
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

firsttimerider Is there enough free play in your clutch cable?

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread