Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2016, 05:08 PM
Gozzie
Road Captain
Received 148 Likes on 115 Posts

Why doesn't Dynojet ever respond. I see Jamie from FM give some really good tips and valuable information here. The DJ website has a bunch of canned and useless info, but a lot of it. They really could be the best tuner mfg out there if they would just be a little more helpful.

Old 10-15-2016, 02:16 PM
Gordon61
Road Warrior
Received 124 Likes on 105 Posts

TTS calculates what the settings should be (and also has an estimator) so you don't need to know what the timing is exactly.

The FP3 allows you to enter the number of degrees but doesn't show you what the tooth setting becomes

Does anyone know if the PV and or FP3 has the same number of options for tooth setting as the TTS ...we might be comparing apples with cabbages

Old 10-15-2016, 03:22 PM
Wide Open Cycles
Former Sponsor
Received 207 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Gordon61
TTS calculates what the settings should be (and also has an estimator) so you don't need to know what the timing is exactly.

The FP3 allows you to enter the number of degrees but doesn't show you what the tooth setting becomes

Does anyone know if the PV and or FP3 has the same number of options for tooth setting as the TTS ...we might be comparing apples with cabbages
TTS has an estimator that gets you close, then you can run camshaft analyzer in datamaster and further dial it in. PV has a IVO table but it is only available to those of us that have a beta version of the software. Dynojet has not released it publicly. Not sure about FP3

Old 10-15-2016, 11:45 PM
JetD
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Gozzie
Why doesn't Dynojet ever respond. I see Jamie from FM give some really good tips and valuable information here. The DJ website has a bunch of canned and useless info, but a lot of it. They really could be the best tuner mfg out there if they would just be a little more helpful.
I hear you Gozzie. But DJ & FM have different business models: DJ is primarily a manufacturer / distributer; while FM is a multi-product retailer & service provider. DJ's primary sales & service market is for their dynos; the tuning devices they manufacture while FM retails & provides excellent service & support of the products they sell.
I know--over simplification but you get the idea. DJ provides owners manuals, product updates, & some basic product how-to videos, but they are not in the end user tuning business like FM and all the other end users of their DynoJet products. As previously mentioned, there are several builder/tuners that have the software 'tools' to view & manipulate more of the inner workings of the various tuning devices.
I'd prefer if PV were more open as TTS is. I used TTS on previous bikes but no longer--I don't like the TTS tune 'locked' to the ECM. I like the flexibility of the PV.
The tuners on various forums are a wealth of knowledge and help as well. Not the same as direct manufacturer support, as they say, It is what it is".
Incidentally, I've had good luck over the years getting in contact with the techs and their helping me--no complaints here. Same for FM.
Both are great companies and offer different types of services. JME.
What are you gonna do?

Old 10-16-2016, 04:39 PM
Jimmy55TX
Cruiser
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy55TX
New to tuning and have been seeing these programs talked about. What is the purpose of MLV?
Asked around and most think it's just wiz stuff. They say the ECM will set the VE where it wants. So I guess this is not something to actually tune with right?

Old 10-16-2016, 06:32 PM
JetD
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy55TX
Asked around and most think it's just wiz stuff. They say the ECM will set the VE where it wants. So I guess this is not something to actually tune with right?
Reasonable question Jimmy55TX- MLV is a very valuable tuning aid. For example, if one is logging while riding with PV-Target Tune, capture several log files & then open them individually or simultaneously in MLV to see a number of your tune factors in several formats.
I've found it very valuable in quickly resolving some pesky knock events. It's an amazing tool for the DYI.
YMMV. Good luck. JetD

Old 10-18-2016, 07:31 AM
Rebel_2_0_0_0
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tttg throttle by wire.

Where is the setting for tttg that gets rid of the lag and will give me 100% throttle? Do I have to use a computer to get to it or can I do it on the PV. Its probably in the forum somewhere but I've searched and searched with no luck.

Old 10-18-2016, 09:17 AM
Wide Open Cycles
Former Sponsor
Received 207 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Rebel_2_0_0_0
Where is the setting for tttg that gets rid of the lag and will give me 100% throttle? Do I have to use a computer to get to it or can I do it on the PV. Its probably in the forum somewhere but I've searched and searched with no luck.
It needs to be accessed through WinPV on your computer

Old 10-18-2016, 12:59 PM
Heatwave
Received 1,077 Likes on 638 Posts

Will the PV display engine temps on the new M8 engines even though there's no engine oil temp displayed in the infotainment system? I assume even though the M8s don't have an "oil temp" sensor for the dash display there must be an engine temp sensor in order to activate eitms, radiator fans on the water-cooled bikes, etc.

Old 10-18-2016, 07:16 PM
Rebel_2_0_0_0
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wide Open Cycles
It needs to be accessed through WinPV on your computer
Thanks time to fix the computer.

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread