Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2017, 10:39 AM
Lambda
Cruiser
Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts

Im having issues with my bike idle kpa being too high (45-50), i've read on the forums about some hidden settings on the PV related with the valve opening and closing events which tells the ecm when to read the map value.

Honestly, i'm tired of paying a good money for a PV unit and not being capable of using all of its features, i know that some out there have WinPV releases that shows such features, but i do not.

Following some work i've done with the PV in the past, i'm working on a custom tool to edit pvt files, one that shows ALL of the tuning parameters, even the binary that is actually flashed in the bike.

I'll keep you guys informed, no promises made, i'll do what i can in my free time.

Old 04-20-2017, 12:30 PM
jsgiunta
Advanced
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxxsmart
I've been searching on the fuel moto, dyno jet, and Google, and I can't find an answer....

I have a 2015 FXDB, just installed my PV a week ago, and I'm getting things working well. Been setting up gauges, and I can't seem to get the gear indicator gauge to work. I've set it up on a four, and six gauge display, and I get no activity. Several rides, and nothing comes up. Any ideas?

The speedo gauge works, and is spot on with the factory gauge, so I don't think the calibration is off.
Saw this...didn't know if you ever got this answered or figured it out, but I had the same issue. There are three different signal settings for Gear. On the Basic list, there is one and on the Advanced list there are two. The one that worked for me was the top one on the list that has the two Gear signals...

The following 2 users liked this post by jsgiunta:
GMRO (04-20-2017), techchick6 (05-07-2017)
Old 04-20-2017, 12:46 PM
GMRO
Road Captain
Received 49 Likes on 44 Posts

That is a great question...

My 2013 1200C Sportie...I chose under advance the top one too - I believe, least from memory. Anyway it works and matches my HD Speedo/Tac Combo gauge.

BUT on my 2006 UC it didn't work. I had no idea there are 3 different GEAR choices. I may have to revisit and see if I can get it to work.

UNLESS the 2006 is TOO OLD and the gear indicator won't work? Anyone know for sure?

Jamie???

THANKS!

Old 04-24-2017, 09:33 AM
jsgiunta
Advanced

Originally Posted by GMRO
That is a great question...

My 2013 1200C Sportie...I chose under advance the top one too - I believe, least from memory. Anyway it works and matches my HD Speedo/Tac Combo gauge.

BUT on my 2006 UC it didn't work. I had no idea there are 3 different GEAR choices. I may have to revisit and see if I can get it to work.

UNLESS the 2006 is TOO OLD and the gear indicator won't work? Anyone know for sure?

Jamie???

THANKS!

Jamie should be your default on the definitive info, however, until you get a response, have you made sure you have the latest firmware upgrades?

Also, when setting the parameters for the signal, what do you have in the low and high limit areas?

Old 04-24-2017, 10:13 AM
jsgiunta
Advanced
Default Sporty engine temp question

I recently put a PV unit on my 2016 1200 Custom Sporty, with the help of Jamie from Fuel Moto, I used his map he sent me for the Stage 1 upgrade I did to the bike, (V&H slip ons and an Arlen Ness big sucker) and then ran an auto tune which he tweaked for me. (Thanks Jamie) I had been experiencing some decel pop throughout, nothing major, just when I down shifted to 2nd mostly, so I use the Quick Tune feature to set the Decel column, under the Fuel tab, to +5% and the same on the Spark tab to +3%, which seems to have gotten rid of it. One of the questions is, what happens when I put a value in the Global column? Does it override the other settings?

Also, I have signals for engine temp that when engaged shows what seems to be pretty high temps at times when riding my Sporty under normal conditions. There are times that it can register above 400 F. It can run 375 cruising in 5th doing 60 MPH on a 70 degree day. I know the sensor on my Sporty is in the center of the rear cylinder, I believe, and I've heard Sportys normally run hotter, but what would be a hot temp for a Sporty? The oil temp never seems to get above 225, even on a hot day. When I set the signal for Intake Air Temp, which I believe is coming more from near the front cylinder, it can read as much as 200 degrees less. Is there a signal setting that I've missed that would give me a better temp reading than what I've been using?

Lastly, what Quick Tune settings would make the engine run cooler?

Old 04-24-2017, 11:27 AM
slvrscoobie
Road Master
Received 138 Likes on 115 Posts

My 1200 roadster runs @ 325 (360 @ 85mph) these days. never seen it north of 375 unless it sits and idles.
Heres two snapshots of a previous log. Cruising at highway is a bit warmer.
the IAT is the temp of the air coming into the engine. itll always be a bit warmer than ambient, but not too much. ET is the engine temp.

And one around 60 for comparison :

Last edited by slvrscoobie; 04-24-2017 at 11:35 AM.
The following users liked this post:
techchick6 (05-07-2017)
Old 04-24-2017, 11:54 AM
Gozzie
Road Captain
Received 148 Likes on 115 Posts

When you guys do your timing runs, how many hit counts do you use? 5 is the default. Just leave it or is there a better number.

Old 04-25-2017, 06:51 AM
jsgiunta
Advanced

And one around 60 for comparison :

[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Not sure why mine would be running that hot then. Not sure what it was before the stage 1 because I didn't have the PV yet... not sure what to set to make it run cooler...

Old 04-25-2017, 06:51 AM
jsgiunta
Advanced

Originally Posted by Gozzie
When you guys do your timing runs, how many hit counts do you use? 5 is the default. Just leave it or is there a better number.
Haven't changed mine, so I assume it's at 5.

Old 04-25-2017, 07:18 AM
slvrscoobie
Road Master
Received 138 Likes on 115 Posts

well running lean mean hots, so as a basis you could try to add 5% or 10% globally and see if your temps drop. If they dont, revert back and look for other solutions. Im new to this tuning stuff but at adding fuel cant really hurt the engine.

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread