Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

racetuner downloading problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 03:56 PM
stevefxdi
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default racetuner downloading problem

Hello all, i have a 2006 roadking tried to change my map today in my bike, hooked up the cables and the race tuner box, hit program ecm and then clicked on get ecm info the serial munber and map number came up went to download my new map and it went to 20 % and stopped and said ecm can not except the download, tried several times and always came up with the same thing, unhooked everything and the bike started and still runs, anyone ever have a problem like this, i'am using a usb adapter and i figure if it was the adapter it wouldnt read the ecm info, thanks for any help.

Old 04-09-2011, 05:28 PM
scotty3
Road Captain
Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

It doesn't actually start writing to the ECM until it does all it checks and I think once past 25% you don't want to have a write failure.

It could well be your USB adapter as they are not all equal and reading the ECM and writing the ECM are different.

They only reliable USB adapter I have found to work other than the one you can buy with the TTS now is the Belkin F5U109 and I still use mine on my TTS since upgrading from the SERT.

In actual fact before TTS even had a USB adapter available it was the Belkin that most people used with the SERT although a few people had success with other brands the Belkin has never caused me a failure and I have flashed a lot of bikes over the years.

Last edited by scotty3; 04-09-2011 at 05:31 PM.
Old 04-09-2011, 06:33 PM
Blk and Chrome
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Sometimes the ECM won't accept certain maps, you can check and see if your ECM part number is listed and if not it won't download. Had this happen myself, need to choose another map

Old 04-09-2011, 07:29 PM
stevefxdi
Cruiser

how do i check to see if my ecm will accept the download

Old 04-09-2011, 10:26 PM
scotty3
Road Captain

You might need to give us the exact word for word error message that came up when you tried to program the bike.

Also the name of the map and the version of the software you are using.

Old 04-10-2011, 05:27 AM
stevefxdi
Cruiser

as soon as it gets light out i will hook it back up to my bike and get the exact error message

Old 04-10-2011, 06:33 AM
stevefxdi
Cruiser

the version i'am using is what came with my race tuner version 4.6 when i click on get ecm info it reads the vehile vin # the ecm serial # and the current map in the bike, the map i'am trying to load is 141nr004 which i have had in my bike before, it stops after 20 percent of trying to load the new map and says ecm not allowing access for programing

Old 04-10-2011, 08:34 AM
RA51
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Get the SERT 4.77 software here an then try it.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/q7d973

Old 04-10-2011, 02:59 PM
scotty3
Road Captain

Originally Posted by stevefxdi
the version i'am using is what came with my race tuner version 4.6 when i click on get ecm info it reads the vehile vin # the ecm serial # and the current map in the bike, the map i'am trying to load is 141nr004 which i have had in my bike before, it stops after 20 percent of trying to load the new map and says ecm not allowing access for programing
If you have a desktop computer with a serial port available and can get it close enough to the bike then you could see if it is a ECM or laptop problem.
Have you used this USB adapter for programming the bike before ?

Old 04-10-2011, 04:41 PM
ican
Tourer
Default Older laptop

I have an older lap-top that I use with the older tuners. The Belkin adapter works with my HP, but not so good with my Dell running windows 7.

Quick Reply: racetuner downloading problem