Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS MasterTune or HD Dyno??

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 12:27 AM
moonshined
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TTS MasterTune or HD Dyno??

Im looking at putting on a set of Bassani Pro-street pipes and V&H Vo2 intake... Not looking to do cams or head work or any of that trash to this bike, soo question is... should I invest in a TTS or pay HD dealer $95/hr for a two hr tune?
Other options are HD dealer dyno step tune for $500 or HD dealer ECM map download for $150...

New to bike world looking for some EFI advice.

Old 04-27-2011, 12:40 AM
8blkfxdb
Advanced

I bought a used street bob and had to upgrade my TTS so I could get the program and cables. Definatley the cheaper route for me because I'm gonna put more stuff on it as I go and no way I'm paying the dealer $100 bucks everytime I bolt something on nor $500 to get it on a dyno everytime.
F-that! If all your gonna do EVER to that bike is put on pipes and an intake and your sure about that AND if HD can download the "right" tune then go that route. Do everything at once and be done with it! TTS is pretty technical and I don't know what you do for a living but there are simpler tuners out. Myself, like I said my bike came with a older TTS/HD tuner so it was really cheap to just upgrade and I can do what I want from now on as I can afford mods, and I can jack with all the parameters in the tune that I want to...

Old 04-27-2011, 01:02 AM
moonshined
Advanced

Well ive been working on a "EFI" Diesel truck for the last 5yrs... and I can tell ya tuning is my least favorite part of the "hot-rodding" process lol.
Which tuners would be easier to use and not fail on me?
Would I be able to bolt on the pipes an A/C and ride the bike to the dealer??

Old 04-27-2011, 04:34 AM
8blkfxdb
Advanced

Um, I don't know about riding it in. I have more experience wit cars than bikes. I would be afraid of setting a code then burning something up like a valve or an O2 sensor. Maybe get away with putting on the pipes and riding in but I don't know about the intake AND pipes. I would definately wait on another opinion than my dumb a$$.

As far as the tuner goes, there are quite a few plug and play self tuners out there..

Old 04-27-2011, 05:34 AM
Pine Tree

Received 1,964 Likes on 463 Posts

Originally Posted by moonshined
...New to bike world looking for some EFI advice.
Go with the TTS. You can have the system professionally installed and dyno'd or if you can read/understand basic shop manuals you can probably do the thing yourself.

The TTS may, at first, appear quite complex but most find once through the process, it's much easier and user-friendly then they tought.

Good luck.

Old 04-27-2011, 06:00 AM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 216 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by moonshined
Im looking at putting on a set of Bassani Pro-street pipes and V&H Vo2 intake... Not looking to do cams or head work or any of that trash to this bike, soo question is... should I invest in a TTS or pay HD dealer $95/hr for a two hr tune?
Other options are HD dealer dyno step tune for $500 or HD dealer ECM map download for $150...

New to bike world looking for some EFI advice.
What would the dealer be tuning with for a $95 2 hour dyno tune? You'd still have to bu a fuel management of some type. $95 wouldn't include it.

Old 04-28-2011, 12:09 AM
moonshined
Advanced

Well after some talking with FuelMotoUSA and my local "Fuel" shop ive decided to go with... the Terminal Velocity...
http://www.jpcycles.com/product/401-748

Getting it for alot less than JP has it for and talked with a few people in person about it and it sounds like it'll be good since it basically "live tunes" the bike. Hopefully someone with more knowledge about this will chime in if Im on track...