Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Help with Fuelpak, SE heavy breather installed

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 11:50 PM
jgabaldon427
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with Fuelpak, SE heavy breather installed

I have a 2010 Rocker C that I put VH Staggered short shots on 3 weeks ago. Lost a bit of responsiveness but ran pretty good with the exception of slight popping on decel. So l thought I could get back some power and eliminate the popping by installing a Fuelpak and SE heavy breather. 1st I had a HELL of a time installing the Fuelpak. Nearly an impossible install. Had to go out and buy surgical needle nose pliers a foot long, and probably should have bought 2. So I finally got it installed and dialed in and calibrated and thought I would crank her up with the stock breather. Very sluggish!! Sounded really choked and the check engine light was on. After a few minutes it warmed up and seemed to stabilize and the engine light turned off, still a bit sluggish idle, so I took for a short ride and it seemed a bit more responsive than without the Fuelpak. Satisfied I retired for the night thinking I just needed better intake. Next morning I install the SE Heavy breather, try to start but doesn't want to start so I twist the throttle as it's cranking, it starts but is VERY sluggish nearly turning off, so I turn it off and try to turn back on again trying to teist the throttle, it pops and there is smoke from the Heavy breather and pipes. So I call Fuelpak tech and he tells me to re calibrate the throttle. THis does not help. So I call back and the tech goes over the settings with me and they are tottaly incorrect, he asks me if I got the MAP from the papers in the box the Fuelpak came in and I say yes, he proceeds to tell me it's not my fault but they have new map. So he reads me the setttings as I insert them. So I crank it up and it starts up great but with a VERY high rev, then within a minute it gradually slows and then turns off. So then he starts to tell me i need to disconnect the Fuelpak and reconnect the ECU, after the DIFFICULT install I was like "are u serious?" So then He has me re=set all the values to "0" saying this will eliminate the fuelpak. So I try to start again and it doesn't want to start. He then proceeds to tell me it should run fine without the Fuelpak settings and it's not the Fuelpak it's the Air cleaner that is bad. Hours after I hang up the phone with him which is after work time hours, I think to myself, the reason I bought the Fuelpak was becasuse the Heavy breather needed IT or some other Fuel management in order for the bike to run properly. Any suggestions out there??? Please Help!!! I am totally bummed! Trying to save a few $$ Thanks!

Old 04-27-2011, 08:22 PM
weezer_nd
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

go to the fuelpak website, and go through the map lookup. see if it maches up to what you were told on the phone.

Old 04-27-2011, 11:52 PM
jgabaldon427
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by weezer_nd
go to the fuelpak website, and go through the map lookup. see if it maches up to what you were told on the phone.
So I put the stock Air cleaner back on, tried to crank it but it didn't want to start so I twisted the throttle and it started. Bit of Black smoke frome the pipes and it stayed running as long as I kept the throttle twisted. Let the throttle go and it died. Twisted the throttle to start again and kept a slight twist to warm it up. Seems the throttle is off calibration. Maybe I should try to recalibrate the throttle on the fuelpak?? After installing the stock breather I set the values on the fuelpak back to "0". When I installed the Heavy breather I failed to disconnect the battery, would this affect the Throttle Position Sensor???