Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Screaming Eagle Race Tuner vs. USB III Power Commander

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2012, 07:08 PM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 216 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by Denman0621
I'm just wondering if there's an advantage to actually getting something like the SERT or buying the Powervision... It seems like they both do the same thing, but unless I'm missing something, I believe you can use the Powervision on more than one bike.

Den
They are both similar as far as the tuning features go. The Vision is more money, but has a few more features. It marries itself to the bike just like the SERT though, so it cannot be used on multiple bikes.

Old 07-22-2012, 09:46 AM
Denman0621
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Correctamundo!

You're absolutely correct! I ended up getting the Powervision (after being less than satisfied with the power commander, unable to use the Dobeck Gen. 4 [awesome tuner, but in beta testing when I got to try it] and having the Cobra Fi2000 Powrpro die on me after half a riding season). I'm going to be putting SE255 cams in at the end of the season and can get the bike dyno'd with the powervision. Wish I'd have gotten it in the first place...

Den

Originally Posted by harleytuner
They are both similar as far as the tuning features go. The Vision is more money, but has a few more features. It marries itself to the bike just like the SERT though, so it cannot be used on multiple bikes.

Old 09-23-2012, 01:38 AM
Rad10
Banned
Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks for all the input, and yes I would like to sell the cables.

Old 09-23-2012, 01:38 AM
Rad10
Banned

I can't PM though... Need 5 posts... 2 to go... LOL

Old 09-23-2012, 01:40 AM
Rad10
Banned

Anyone on here able to analyze a power commander 3 map and see if anything obvious is wrong? I get a "dead" spot in my throttle when "holding" a constant speed. If I let off the throttle, no problem, If I give it more, no problem...

Old 09-23-2012, 01:41 AM
Rad10
Banned

Oh, and Thanks in advance... Ok, thats my 5 posts!!! I'm sorry for breaking those all up...

Old 09-23-2012, 02:17 AM
Shredding rubber
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Denman0621
I'm just wondering if there's an advantage to actually getting something like the SERT or buying the Powervision... It seems like they both do the same thing, but unless I'm missing something, I believe you can use the Powervision on more than one bike.

Den
The tuner itself is irrelevant. It's the guy writing the map that matters. My bike is tuned with a pcv,which I have read suck back gas and aren't all that great however my experience with it has been great. My bike is a cammed 106. Makes 107hp/115tq and gets 50mpg now.
When I had a junk fuel pak it got 35 mpg and popped and backfired. I will admit that v&h had great tech support but now I see they needed it because of their junk product.

Old 09-23-2012, 02:51 PM
wurk_truk
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

The Power Vision does NOT have more features than the present day equivalents. SERT if for OLD bikes, but SEPST and TTS are equal or BETTER than power vision, kind of depends on what you wish to do and how much effort you are willing to put forth.

TTS AND Power Vision CAN both be made to be used on multiple bikes. Either tuner will cost $200 for that second bike.

NONE of this helps the OP, just clarifying a thing or three.

OP... with YOUR bike (nice BTW), using a PC3 is fine. They crap out completely once in a great while, but that won't completely strand you, as you can lift the seat (or side panel) and simply unlpug the PC3 and run straight ECM for a bit to get you somewhere safe. I, myself, would stick with the PC3, as your bike is too old for 'self tuning' flash tuners anyways. A good SERT (as opposed to a SEST or SEPST sold now a days) would work fine and about any tuner could dial that in if desired.

Last edited by wurk_truk; 09-23-2012 at 02:57 PM.
Old 09-23-2012, 03:20 PM
RalphDBS
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jluvs2ride
Wow, very first post.
and yet made a very good point

Old 09-23-2012, 03:23 PM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 9,627 Likes on 5,180 Posts

SERT is the best you can get. Hands down argument over.
However it is over kill for most even with some building going on.
The SERT is not a piggy back it work directly wit ECM and modifies it.
The PC piggy backs and does not alter ECM it's self. It is how however lower cost and very effective for most.

Quick Reply: Screaming Eagle Race Tuner vs. USB III Power Commander