Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

ThunderMax and Speedo Calibration???

Old 12-15-2011, 10:26 AM
ggadwa
Tourer
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Default ThunderMax and Speedo Calibration???

So here I am just staring to get my new ThunderMax with Auto Tune installed on my 09 Dyna Super Glide Custom and I have my first puzzling question????

Under Speedo Calibration in the Software there are these choices, however, I have installed an Andrews 30 Tooth Power Pulley (possibly one of the best things I ever did to the Dyna).....Well this Pulley/Sprocket does mess up the Speedo Calibration.....BUT in the Software all I have found so far is: select your Dyna Model year and then you have some number choices.....This doesn't help me as my Gearing is NOT stock.....

Anyone know the correct method to obtain Speedo Calibration with the 30 tooth Sprocket....I'm no math wizard but I'm sure I can figure out the 6th gear to rear sprocket ratio....but thought someone might be way ahead of me on this????

GARY

Old 12-15-2011, 12:20 PM
nevil
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 968 Likes on 731 Posts

I put the 30T on my Dyna and made the pulley change in the speedo calc area. As I found out later, Zippers bases the change on the rear pulley. So if you lower the teeth on the front one you need to increase the number.
Here is the formula:
If you had a stock 32 this is the math:
32 times the current count = new count
If you have a 70T pulley, this should come out to 74.6
The best way to get it right is the actual vs. indicated speed, but this should get you in the ballpark.
If your 6th gear light doesn't work after you make the change, you can drop the final drive ratio number by about 4 points in Basic Settings.