Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Anyone tried the Cobra Fi2000 PowrPro CVT Fuel Management?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 12:15 PM
jlb0038
Road Captain

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by cdemarse
Which one? At that price I would be glad to support them also.
Originally Posted by grumpygy
At that price you do not have the Auto tune and the O2 sensors do you.

I just checked and they are sponsors here. Direct Harley Parts. Here is the website: http://www.directharleyparts.com

Yes, it is the new one with the auto-tune. I ordered it last Thursday and it supposed to be on the truck today. I had a question about it and the guy was very pleasant to work with. He said they have sold alot of them with no complaints or returns. I was on the fence about this and a flash tuner and he recommended this. He sells both, so I don't think he was blowing smoke. Oh, its $459.95 shipped.
J.B.

Last edited by jlb0038; 01-16-2012 at 03:42 PM. Reason: ch
Old 01-16-2012, 12:29 PM
grumpygy
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jlb0038
I just checked and they are sponsors here. Direct Harley Parts. Here is the website: http://www.directharleyparts.com

Yes, it is the new one with the auto-tune. I ordered it last Thursday and it supposed to be on the truck today. I had a question about it and the guy was very pleasant to work with. He said they have sold alot of them with no complaints or returns. I was on was on the fence about this and a flash tuner and he recommended this. He sells both, so I don't think he was blowing smoke. Oh, its $459.95 shipped.
J.B.

I should have read it better cause the Fi2000 does not have a real Auto tune that uses O2 Sensors. I was thinking you had Ordered the Power Vision which costs more for the Auto tune.

Old 01-16-2012, 12:29 PM
cdemarse
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice thanks. And I have read a lot of reviews. With VERY few complaints of people who actually used them. Lot of fan boys who use others bash it but have never even used it. I'm gonna order one. Seems to be more widely used on other bikes just hasn't made it mainstream with harleys yet. Please let us know when u get it on and what you think.

Originally Posted by jlb0038

Yes, it is the new one with the auto-tune. I ordered it last Thursday and it supposed to be on the truck today. I had a question about it and the guy was very pleasant to work with. He said they have sold alot of them with no complaints or returns. I was on was on the fence about this and a flash tuner and he recommended this. He sells both, so I don't think he was blowing smoke. Oh, its $459.95 shipped.
J.B.

Old 01-16-2012, 03:39 PM
jlb0038
Road Captain

Originally Posted by grumpygy
I should have read it better cause the Fi2000 does not have a real Auto tune that uses O2 Sensors. I was thinking you had Ordered the Power Vision which costs more for the Auto tune.

No, that the one I was thinking about.
According to Cobra it does use the O2 sensors to tune the bike to 14.2 in the cruise range. 14.2 is fine with me.

J.B.

Last edited by jlb0038; 01-16-2012 at 03:45 PM.
Old 01-16-2012, 04:05 PM
jlb0038
Road Captain

Originally Posted by cdemarse
Nice thanks. And I have read a lot of reviews. With VERY few complaints of people who actually used them. Lot of fan boys who use others bash it but have never even used it. I'm gonna order one. Seems to be more widely used on other bikes just hasn't made it mainstream with harleys yet. Please let us know when u get it on and what you think.
Yeah, I have seen some complaints about gas mileage, other than that it been all positive. Its gonna be awhile before I hook it up, riding season is a ways off. I've had a PCIII on my last bike and could never get it right with canned maps. I then tried the Accel SLM and that worked great except for always throwing the TPS code, which is common for Dynas and it ran hot (found out it tuned to 14.6), swithched to the PCV w/auto tune and that ran good, but my 12 Electra Glide has the new sensors, so the auto tune was out. The Basic auto-tune for the PV just seemed like alot of work to try and get it dialed in. I have been using a Dobeck TFI on this bike and got good results, but it bugs me not knowing if it is perfect or not, thats why I went this route. Hopefully I will have the same results as most have.

J.B.

Old 01-16-2012, 07:00 PM
cdemarse
Tourer

Cool thanks. Keep us posted. I will be putting it on a 12 ultra. And IMO sure the gas mileage is going to be less. We are taking the factory lean away. I have no problem sacrificing a litte mileage for more power and faster response.

Old 03-03-2012, 08:17 PM
jlb0038
Road Captain

Finally got out yesterday and the Cobra ran awesome. I've run a PCIII, PCV w/auto tune, and Accel SLM on my Dyna. The Cobra ran great on my Electra Glide. I did what they said and ran it up on the first few accelerations, after that there was no flat spots and had power at all rpms. Recommended.

Old 03-03-2012, 08:39 PM
cdemarse
Tourer

Nice! Thanks for posting your results.

Old 03-17-2012, 04:50 PM
Mascman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm not having good luck with mine so far...here's the story:

I previously had the Python 2-1s and a custom tune on my '06 Dyna with a PCIII...also have the M&N filter with a Screamin Eagle backing plate.

I had to switch to the 25° injectors and also switched out my pipes...just used a generic map, but got it tweaked to run great. In stock form though, it sputtered at times and would spit then stall if you let it idle long enough.

I just recently went back to the Python 2-1s and bought the Cobra FI2000 thinking I would be all set when I wanted to do cams or big bore done the road.

BUT, the bike runs like crap! It spits like it did when it was stock, which I believe is because they did not put the right reflash on when I changed injectors.

I had basically forgot how bad it was because the bike ran so great with my generic, but tweaked map and the 2-2 pipes.

Basically, the PCIII was taking care of the map, but it seems that with the Cobra, the stock map (which sucks) is causing me problems.

Apparently the Cobra can't overcome this? I talked to Cobra tech suport and he stated about the learning curve, but really, the Cobra unit is not tied to the ECM, so I think it will be a problem unless I get it reflased.

Does this sound like what's happening?

Old 04-28-2012, 09:49 PM
poodles
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I helped a friend install one on his VTX 1800. It was fast before the install, but was glad there was a sissy seat on it after just to keep myself on. It is awsome. For this guy, the downside was a pretty significant decrease in MPG - Well, hell, you just can't help it BTW, there were Vance and Hines Big Shots on it too. I'm getting one for my '06 Softail Deluxe with a 95 CID stage I upgrade. Dennis Kirk $502 and free shipping

Quick Reply: Anyone tried the Cobra Fi2000 PowrPro CVT Fuel Management?