Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

wiring ???? NOVA-MMB SPEEDO

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2012, 08:49 PM
bherr
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wiring ???? NOVA-MMB SPEEDO

HAVE A 2006 SWIFT PUNISHER AND HAD TO CHANGE THE WIRING HARNESS TO THE THUNDER-HEART KIT. THE SWIFT USES THE NOVA-MMB 80mm ANALOG SPEEDO WITH DIGITAL MILAGE, TRIP, ETC AND HAS THE TOUCH BUTTONS TO SELECT THE DIFFERENT MODES. ALSO HAS THE NOVA-MMB ANALOG TACH. THE PROBLEM I'M HAVING IS WIRING THE THUNDER-HEART SYSTEM TO THE NOVA'S. CAN'T SEEM TO FIND ANY Wiring DIAGRAMS FOR THE NOVA ITEMS, SO IF ANY ONE HAS THESE, ID APPRECIATE A COPY.

See another post in this section for more details.!!!!!!!!

SEND TO bherr@atlanticbb.net

thanks,
ben herr

Last edited by bherr; 11-29-2012 at 07:28 PM.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:24 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

a quick google search turned up this. It's the 48mm but I would assume the wiring is probably the same.

http://www.zodiac.nl/instructions/710370.pdf

Old 11-29-2012, 07:48 PM
bherr
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wiring issue

let me add some more details to better explain. The speed is mfg by Nova-mmb, 01/06, type 3.3213/004. it has three cable custers, one has 2 wires, gray and gray/w black stripe. #2 has 3 cables, 1-red, 1-yellow & 1 black. this powders the speedo light with the red and black is ground, don't know what the yellow does. 3rd cable has 4 wires, 1-red w/white stripe, 1-black /w white stripe & 1- white. Also feeding the speedo which is analog and has a digital mileage, trip and time display are 2 cable that come from 2 touch buttons located under the triple tree and changes the select modes. these cables each have 2 wires gray and 1 black. All of this was on a 2006 Swift punisher and the stock module that controlled the starter, turn signals, brake lights went back and they are no longer available, so I ordered a MHC rewire kit from Thunder-Heart. Also located on the triple tree is a display strip with lights for the turns signals, high beam, oil pressure and neutral indicators. the cable from the strip has 8 wires:
1-brown
2-red
3-yellow
4-orange
5-blue
6-black
7-violet
8-purple
I figured out the brown and black for the turn signals, but can't seem to get the other indicators.
Now the tack has 4 wires;
1- red
2- brown /w white stripe
3- orange
4- green

Anybody that has some idea of how all these get wired would be great. I've got the high/low beam, turn signals, horn, run/stop and kill switches all working.
I can't seem to find a wiring diagram for these nova-mmb and the Zodiac wiring diagram doesn't have the same cable setup.

I could also use a wiring diagram for the Swift punisher which I haven't been able to find either, so I need help guys!!!

Thanks,
Ben Herr

Old 11-30-2012, 07:32 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

how about this? obviously ignore the orange wire
i would guess the yellow wire you're referring to shows to be tied directly to battery which would keep any memory in the digital portions of the speedo

Attached Thumbnails wiring ???? NOVA-MMB SPEEDO-capture.jpg