Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

ACR Install and ECM Calibration

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 06:21 PM
Shawrco
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default ACR Install and ECM Calibration

Greetings,
Just getting into upgrading engine on my '09 FLHTC to 103", cams, and will be adding late model heads w/ACRs. Was going to have dealer install the ACR overlay harness but after looking through the instructions the job doesn't seem too difficult. Hardest part will be getting the wires out of the fuse block terminals. Concern is that the insructions have two CAUTION statements:

1. Must recalibrate the ECM when installing; failure to recalibrate the ECM "can" result in severe engine damage;

2. Installation of this kit requires a calibration update using Digital Technician. Failure to download calibration update before starting motorcycle will result in ACR failure.

Questions:

Anyone know the extent of this calibration/update? Since I don't currently have ACRs, I realize the ACR setting in the ECM must be turned "ON". The Exhaust Control fuse does get relocated to another fuse block location, and the Y/GN Fuel Pump wire gets moved to where the Exhaust Control wires were originally and the new ACR harness wires get plugged in. In additon to setting ACR "ON", does the ECM reflash account for the wires/functions that were moved/added as well?

I'll be adding a Power Visoin tuner and I know it has capability to set ACR function to "ON". What else besides that would the dealer be calibrating with the Digital Technician?

Thanks in advance.

Old 01-31-2013, 04:19 PM
lordharold
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default acr

Hello was wondering if you found anything out about your acr ? installed a 120r and have the same ? instuctions say calibration is required but i was thinking the se supper tuner enabled you to do what was need thanks for any info you have.

Old 01-31-2013, 05:44 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

man everything I read on this, basically states it's a LOT easier just to get the harness and that's all you have to do is plug in connectors 203R and 203F to the main harness and no swapping of anything around or butchering into your harness. Then simply turn it on in the ECM with your PV and you're done.

Old 02-01-2013, 12:29 PM
Shawrco
Cruiser
Default ACRs

Lordharold, I haven't gotten a definitized answer on what, besides turning the ACRs on in the ECM, the "calibration" does. I have to pick up a part I ordered from dealer tomorrow so I'm going to ask the maintenance guys in person. Your SE tuner should be able to address the ECM to turn on the ACR function.

UltraNutz, I agee, connect the harnes and plug the solenoids in. I'll be more comfortable with that once I know what the calibration consists of. If all I need to do is turn the function on, then the PV will take care of that.

Thanks - Ride Safe

Old 02-01-2013, 12:57 PM
lordharold
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default acr

Thanks, I figure that would have to be about right to just enable the acr's could not think of much else that there could be. Can't wait to see what they tell you. Just remember I think I read to do calibration to keep the acr's disconnected or damage could result to solenoids.

Last edited by lordharold; 02-01-2013 at 01:01 PM.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:01 PM
Shawrco
Cruiser
Default ACR Calibration

Talked to the tech at local dealership after I picked up the part I had ordered. This tech is the guy who does all the dyno runs and tunes. He said there there were other things that could be done, e.g. set PIN, but for the ACR install all that really needs to be done is enable the ACR funcion in the ECM, i.e. turn ACR "ON". So, as other had said, use the SE tuner, TTS, PV, etc to enable ACR and should be good to go.

Thanks for the responses. I just wanted to be sure there was nothing else that got done during the calibration - now we know!

Ride Safe!