Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

2 dtc codes on power vision

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2013, 09:28 PM
agove
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default 2 dtc codes on power vision

I have 2 codes that came up under dtc on my power vision. The first code is p1632 and then the other says "odometer learned up". Any idea what either of these are? I've been tuning on auto tune lately, and today I disconnected the rear turn signals and the license plate light to remove my fender to get the stock sissy bar off. Is there anyway one of these two things are the reason for the codes?

Old 04-15-2013, 09:00 PM
lschantz1
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

following a sputter,backfire and almost stalling then hi idle above 2K I get the same code from the power vision. "Odometer Learned up" I called dynojet and they were no help. their advice was to see if it happened again and take it to a Harley shop without clearing the code. they could not tell me what Harley code would produce that code on the PV. They said that all of their codes may not relate to your specific bike. Dynojet should update their PV to show the text of the code and the Harley Code as well. then it would have some diagnostic value.

Did you experience any performance issues before you got the code?

Old 05-12-2013, 07:10 PM
Bee576
1st Gear
Default P1632 problem

I just installed the PV-2 with auto tune pro and it is generating the same code "P1632 Hist" with the message "odometer learned up". I loaded the tune supplied by Fuel Moto, enabled auto tune pro and began a log session when the engine check light came on. The first time I got the code, I was coming onto the highway and the engine sputtered and cleared itself up. I cleared the code, removed the log file, reloaded the Fuel Moto tune and started another auto tune session. It started out fine but then the idle ramped up to 2K for a few seconds at a light then reset itself. I checked for codes and the same P1632 showed up. I'm going to reload the stock tune and ride it around for awhile to see if I can narrow it down to either the tune or the auto tune function.

Old 05-13-2013, 02:06 PM
DynojetResearch
Former Sponsor

lschantz1 and agove > are you both running an Autotune Module like Bee756 (ie. using your Power Vision and Autotune module to use the AT-Pro feature) ??

We're working with engineering to try and nail down the cause, but the information we have to work with is a bit spotty at this time. Thanks for your patience in any case.

pvtech@dynojet.com

Old 05-14-2013, 02:16 PM
Bee576
1st Gear
Default P1632 update

If you are using the canned tune provided by the vendor we bought our PVs from, go back and use the OEM tune as your starting point. I did an experiment with the help of the Dynajet folks and when I started with the OEM tune instead of the vendor supplied tune, the DTC code hasn't shown up. I've completed a few datalogging sessions with the auto tune pro with no sign of the P1632 DTC. Not sure if it was the problem and the engineers at Dynajet are going to scrub my tune for any possible problems but that particular code never showed up again after I removed the tune. If the tune you received wasn't specific for your bike and one isn't available on Dynajet's website, send you .stk file to Dynajet and they will develop a tune for you. Using WINPV, you can pull your .stk file (OEM tune) copy it to your desktop and email the file to pvtech@dynajet.com. This little bit of info from an email from Dynajet that gives a good reason to make sure your provided tune is designed for your bike...We support the 41 different Delphi ECM’s that are available on the 2001+ Harleys, and within that range there are 26 different software levels…….and who knows how many different OE calibrations. Point is that it’s not always possible to use a particular calibration and software level on what appear to be “like models”.

I hope this helps solve your problem and I'm looking forward to finding out why the tune was tripping the code.

Old 05-14-2013, 08:09 PM
stitches
Novice

I just got my PV1- great info - thanks...

Old 07-07-2013, 11:26 AM
dondoucette
Stage II

Been running a tune supplied by FuelMoto that i tweaked for the last two seasons.
About a week ago I updated the firmware on my power vision and let auto tune tweak my tune.
Last night I got the P1632 odometer learned up code.

Any further updates to this issue?

Old 04-30-2015, 05:17 PM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by dondoucette
Been running a tune supplied by FuelMoto that i tweaked for the last two seasons.
About a week ago I updated the firmware on my power vision and let auto tune tweak my tune.
Last night I got the P1632 odometer learned up code.

Any further updates to this issue?
I just updated my firmware this week since I'm auto-tuning new cams and got these two codes as well.

I did a search for them and found this thread. Has anyone figured it out yet?